Janet Jackson's UK tour receives packed crowds and glowing reviews

PopThatCorn

9tMaBxx.jpeg

TELEMMGLPICT000395421910_17275422284550_

Sunday Times: 5/5

Janet Jackson review — power and performance with whirlwind of hits

https://www.thetimes.com/culture/music/article/janet-jackson-review-power-performance-utilita-arena-birmingham-gnb6jqmfz

Telegraph: 4/5

Janet Jackson, O2 Arena, review: In the limelight where she belongs

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/concerts/janet-jackson-o2-arena-review/

Metro: 4.5/5

Janet Jackson, pop's biggest injustice, finally receives her flowers in London

https://metro.co.uk/2024/09/29/janet-jackson-pops-biggest-injustice-finally-receives-flowers-21698849/

It's hard to ignore the poignancy of Janet Jackson's tour being named after Together Again, her chart-topping song about grief, after what she's just personally been through.

She stood on the stage at London's O2 Arena on Saturday to perform a sold-out show just two weeks after the sudden death of her older brother Tito Jackson. Some performers understandably would have postponed the show to deal with their heartbreak – and who could blame them? – but not Janet.

Instead, the pop titan powered on with the most high-energy show and a level of professionalism many younger artists today could learn from.

For someone five decades into their career, Janet, 58, performed with the vigour of someone more than half her age. Her catalogue of hits is positively overwhelming with even her oldest songs from the early 80s, like When I Think of You and What Have You Done For Me Lately, standing the test of time.

This is her first tour of Europe in 13 years (Number Ones in 2011) and first arena tour since 1998's The Velvet Rope tour. The tour's first show in Paris, France was also packed. Janet will later be visiting Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany.

The tour is named after Janet's iconic classic Together Again (1997) which is one of her biggest hits globally (#1 on both the US and European Hot 100). Despite peaking at #4 in the UK, the Platinum smash became one of the best selling singles of the 1990s, shifting over 1.1 million units in the UK to-date.

Edited by PopThatCorn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That's lovely to see. It's always nice when veteran popstars and entertainers are still performing to big crowds :heart:

• Like 6

Janet is the queen. The creme de la creme. The true Queen of Pop

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 8

:clap3:

I'd wear a Kamala shirt with the lyrics to her song Nasty at the concert though

janet-jackson-snack.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

She could've had 3 or 4 UK tours by now in line with the countless US tours….I almost reported her ass to the HMRC tax evasion cause baby girl were you even spending your 180 days a year at all in London this entire time? :toofunny2:

• Haha 5

This can't be right, nobody outside of the USA knows her or her music supposedly according to ATRL. :gaynetcat2:

• Haha 5

Currently sitting in the O2 waiting for Mom :gaynetcat3:

• Like 3

I saw her in Birmingham and she was amazing! I was surprised how good she was she can still really move .

it was black curtains galore though 

Edited by Kuntmonster

2 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

The girl hardly makes any pop music 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I was there yesterday for the first London show and she was great! The visual production could have been better, but everything else was awesome.

• Like 3

The mismanaging that was done post-Nipplegate. 

She could've had way more arena shows in Europe but for that to happen she'll need to re-introduce herself on streaming and with festivals or other appearances. She could've been doing a Madonna-like arena tour in Europe by now. But amazing to see her do that in big European markets. 

Edited by Doctor Dick
  • Thanks 1

I'm so excited to see her on Tuesday, glad she's receiving acclaim :clap3:

• Like 2

b b but no one knows who she is in Europe!!1

qTGP56E.gif

• Like 3

5 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

You only wish. Keep staying behind the real queen of pop madonna as miss janet only wishes it forever.

Bye :fan:

Edited by nightowl
  • Confused 1

Birmingham show was a good time!

Birmingham show was a good time!

Watch out Priyanka there's a new Indian superstar taking the world by storm!

spacer.png

Spoiler

I am so bitter that I haven't seen her live, I hope I get to see this legend at some point. 

Edited by Slap

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.