Rapper Eve sells music catalog in deal ranging between $25-50M!

Hector

Screenshot-2024-09-25-at-18.19.45-e17272

Olivier Chastan's acquisition vehicle Iconoclast has revealed its latest music rights deal.

According to a press release issued by the company today (September 25), it has acquired the "publishing rights to the catalog of double platinum-selling and Grammy Award-winning hip hop artist Eve".

Sources tell MBW that the transaction was an eight-figure deal, in the ballpark of between $25 million and $50 million.

Source

The Futurama Characters Rate Version 2.0. Winner Revealed! | Page 20 | The  Popjustice Forum

What Ya Want, Gotta Man, Love Is Blind, Who's That Girl, Let Me Blow Ya Mind, Gangsta Lovin', Satisfaction, & Tambourine all deserve that alone :clap3: 

Edited by Hector
  • Like 6

love her but I knew she needed $ when the memoir came out of nowhere. all once major artists go through this I guess. 

worth way more but good for her :clap3:

• Like 1

Figure You Out

You Had Me, You Lost Me 

Party in the Rain 

Heaven Only Knows 

As I Grow 

Are all worthy double than what she got 

Get that bag! And let's be honest this is more money than she would have ever made from her catalogue otherwise.

Tbh these acquisitions are getting ridiculous. How does that company make that money back? Her streams aren't huge (no shade) and she probably sells barely any old albums.

• Like 4

No shade because I like her music but how is she worth that much? It makes me think of how Austin Mahone alluded to being set for life after selling his masters when he only had one moderate hit under his belt :rip: 

15 minutes ago, Helix said:

Tbh these acquisitions are getting ridiculous. How does that company make that money back?

Licensing it for sampling, remakes, advertising jingles, use in tv/movies.. literally anything

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

No shade because I like her music but how is she worth that much? It makes me think of how Austin Mahone alluded to being set for life after selling his masters when he only had one moderate hit under his belt :rip: 

OMG, YOUR AVI. It reminds me how frightening this show was. :rip: 

Whoever they're hiring to put a price tag on music catalogues must be scamming them. No shade but how would anyone make 50M USD back (let alone profit) from Eve music? 

20 minutes ago, prézli said:

Tambourine alone is worth 25 million.

why are you lowballing her like that? at least 100m for this classic :jonny: forgot about it til you posted

KBO4qd.gif

• Like 3

Just now, Slamless said:

why are you lowballing her like that? at least 100m for this classic :jonny: forgot about it til you posted

KBO4qd.gif

Let's not forget Eve and Sean Paul's meaningful conversation from this same era:

Sean Paul: Yo yo yo!

Eve: Yo!

Sean Paul: Yo yo yo!

Eve: Yo!

"I don't even know you and I wish you were :rip:"

is probably one of the coldest one liners in a song 

• Like 1

That's wonderful.

Get money, Eve. 

I wasn't expecting it to be that high but I bet her catalog will be used a lot for throwbacks.

I heard WHo's that girl in a commercial not too long ago.

• Thanks 1

I actually wasn't expecting it to be that high so she better get that moolah.

• Like 1

Oh! Kinda sad she sold her catalog, but she low key got her money's worth I think. (if not

more)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.