Lady Gaga - 'Harlequin'

rafael-abc

The Joker is the best thing this era produced, it's legit good. Folie and That's Entertainment are also nice. 

• Like 3

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• KatyPrismSpirit

4 minutes ago, sad girl said:

not listened. what's the most pop friendly track for a first listen?!

None of them, honestly. Happy Mistake is probably the only thing potentially remotely close to something that's pop structured. 

Most of these songs did not need to be covered. Very pretencious, uninspired, inauthentic, and boring. I got a headache listening to this album. I won't listen to it again. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 9

Happy Mistake is gorgeous. Her delivery is the most sensitive I've heard her (she has a slight Gaga moment in second verse but we will forgive her)

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, sad girl said:

not listened. what's the most pop friendly track for a first listen?!

World on a String

The Joker

Happy Mistake

THose are probably the most pop structured songs on the record and i think you can enjoy them!

• Thanks 1

I appreciate Good Morning a lot cause it's the soundtrack to one of the best movie dance sequences of all time

Also can we PLEASE talk about how she completely put her all her Gagussy into The Joker? I didn't even know this song existed. Her version is almost an entirely new song!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gagalips said:

Daily reminder that The Joker is the best song on the project 

And one of her best songs since Born This Way. I am willing to die on this hill. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

an interesting reaction from a theater kid/Harley Quinn fan. The song choices really do make sense now in the context of Joker and Harley's relationship.

I really hope she does Broadway someday :jonny2:

Edited by AlGreRithm
  • Thanks 1

I could see The Joker being turned into an electro-pop song for Gaga to perform on tour, or even as is.

This is so so much better than C2C/L4S no offensive to Tony because I love what they did together. But that felt so traditional (as it should) but it's only really for certain occasions. This is the same in someways but there's songs here that I'll listen to like any other Gaga song and her voice really sounds the best it ever has. I'm so glad we got this project.

• Like 2

Does anyone else feel like World On A String could be an Adele song on 30? It sounds a lot like All Night Parking and I don't see many people talking about how good this track is. It sounds the most pop on the whole album as well other than The Joker 

• Like 3

I don't know what she put into Close To You but I'm absolutely obsessed with it. It makes me feel in love with someone that doesn't exist. :jonny5:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Lovely album, I personally feel it would've been better if it was marketed and released as a holiday project. I think the Harlequin theme kinda attracts the wrong audience and they get caught off guard once they hear Good Morning, Good Mooorning, but I digress.

The highlights are:

World on a string
The Joker
Folie a deux
Close to you
Happy Mistake
That's Life

with my top 3 definitely being The Joker, That's Life and World on a string. Absolutely stunning! The Joker is Gaga's own villain song in the vein of Be Prepared and I live for that! The production on world on a string is marvelous and the vocals on that's life are some of Gaga's all time best. HM is very good, but it kinda ruins the flow a bit for me in a way, which is why I don't replay it as much as the other ones I mentioned. I'm not sure it fits the album, but I get why they wanted to include an original song that's not on the soundtrack of JFAD. 

I also really like That's entertainment, Smile and When the saints.

1 hour ago, allforyou said:

I'm so obsessed with Happy Mistake :jonny: What a fantastic song

yeah if i'm honestly, it's probably one of my favourite tracks of hers period. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2024 at 11:41 AM, Kern said:

Why do so many gay people hate jazz? :rip:

Jazz and Traditional Pop >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Country :coffee:

Edited by ChooseyLover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.