Mariah Carey gets praised on brazilian media for her Rock In Rio performance

constantinople

Veja :

Mariah Carey has already arrived at Rock in Rio to the delight and excitement of her fans. With the largest audience in the history of Sunset, the singer entered the stage at around 11 pm this Sunday, the 22nd, the last day of the event, wearing a dress with the Brazilian flag.

Folha de São Paulo:

mariah-carey-rock-in-rio-2024-1.jpg

Mariah Carey has all the attributes of a world star: hits that have spanned decades, a voice that is among the best in the world and a fair amount of elegance. Chosen as the last attraction on the last night of Rock in Rio on the Sunset stage, this Sunday (22), Mariah's performance was cathartic for her fans and almost equally exciting for those who are not, since her hits, since the 1990s, have been learned by the public as if by osmosis.

Fans, in fact, waited impatiently for the end of Akon's show on the Mundo stage. Mariah Carey appeared on stage wearing a shiny dress with the Brazilian flag on it, and caused hysteria with the first verse of "Obsessed". She interacted with the audience by saying "good night" and "I love you" in Portuguese.

Otherwise, she made few movements on stage. She barely moved from her spot. Experienced in packed arenas and in all types of performances, she seemed to understand that, for some pop divas, like her, it is the crowd that should move. The audience did just that. During the slower songs, such as "Touch my Body", "Can't Let Go" and her version of "I'll Be There", she closed her eyes and held her hands up.

During the swinging songs, such as the R&B songs "Always Be My Baby" and "Emotions", her legs and hips moved, some stuck together - the number of couples engaged in the show was impressive. The performance faced a temporary problem with the sound, which was lower than usual, which caused a stir in the audience. Mariah seems to have chosen a repertoire with more R&B than romantic ballads, which excited the audience and matched a night at Rock in Rio where Ne-Yo and Akon also performed, although the latter did not convince.

Mariah's voice was as celebrated as her presence. The audience applauded, of course, at the end of each song, but also each time she reached higher notes. The singer, in turn, acknowledged each applause with a discreet smile.

CNN Brasil:

Rock in Rio: dressing a brazilian flag dress, Mariah Carey thrills audience

Mariah-Carey-4-2.jpg?resize=1536,1024

American singer Mariah Carey, 55, closed the Sunset stage at Rock in Rio 2024 on Sunday night (22), as one of the most anticipated attractions of the event. She took to the stage wearing a shiny dress that featured the colors and symbols of Brazil.

"Good night, Rock in Rio," she said in Portuguese. "I'm so happy to be here. I love you," she added.

The festival crowd began to move intensely to the Sunset stage more than an hour before Carey's performance. Before her, the World stage welcomed Akon, in a show with sound and playback glitches. Reports heard by CNN indicated that many people left the Mundo stage area even before the middle of Akon's show to head to the Sunset stage. The show by the 1990s diva is one of the most anticipated of the entire Rock in Rio lineup this year. Mariah Carey performed in São Paulo last Friday (19), in a sold-out show with an encore featuring a special song for Brazil: "I Want To Know What Love Is". The same song was used to close the setlist of the show in Rio de Janeiro this Sunday.

After the performance in São Paulo, the American artist said it was one of her favorite shows of all time.

Edited by constantinople
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Talent, Acclaim, Beauty and Success!

giphy.gif

Edited by Kimmo

WHEN U SERVE TALENT U ALWAYS WIN!

She sounded good (live or otherwise) and seems more alive than usual so that's great 

I really liked the show she was serving :clap3: the outfits were so shiny I loved them both

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.