Mayor of Hamtramck (Michigan city that banned pride flags) endorses Trump

Bosque

Hamtramck Mayor Amer Ghalib met with former president Donald Trump in Michigan on Tuesday, shortly before Trump's town hall in Flint.

Ghalib told the Free Press "it was a productive meeting" in Flint of about 20 minutes and that Trump asked for his endorsement. Ghalib said he told Trump: "I'm here to talk about that and how we can make it happen."

The meeting is part of an effort by the Trump campaign to win over Arab American and Muslim voters, some of whom are upset with President Joe Biden over his policies in Gaza. 
Last year, Ghalib held a town hall meeting with Michael Flynn, Trump's former national security adviser and now an outspoken conservative activist. Arab Americans in Hamtramck and other parts of Wayne County have also expressed frustration with the Democrats on social issues. In November 2022, Democratic candidates lost support in majority-Arab precincts in Dearborn after outrage over LGBTQ+ books in Dearborn public schools some said were sexually explicit. 

https://eu.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/09/18/hamtramck-mayor-amer-ghalib-donald-trump-michigan/75275597007/

spacer.png

spacer.png

We already knew he was disgusting, so this isn't shocking.

"I'm ready to face the consequences" is a WILD thing to say when endorsing the fascist cult leader of a movement that will absolutely turn on your community the instant it comes to power :redface:

• Like 1

aren't you a supporter of "'gay' men can have sex with women" conversion therapy 2.0? why would a random mayor being homophobic even matter to you? :rip:

• Haha 2

This is not surprising. This endorsement signals the shift or rather the return of Muslim Americans back to the Republican Party. They were voting Republican prior to 9/11

If the Republican Party isnt such a racist KKK scum of a party, tbh lots of minorities from the Middle East, Latin America and Asia who immigrated to the US wouldve voted for them. They align with a lot of issues imo. 

• ATRL Administrator

Chickens for nuggets! IJBOL

25 minutes ago, Carla Rosón said:

aren't you a supporter of "'gay' men can have sex with women" conversion therapy 2.0? why would a random mayor being homophobic even matter to you? :rip:

Are you talking to me? This is the second time you've randomly accused me of promoting "conversion therapy" when I'm pretty sure I have never interacted with you on this website. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.