Gov. Newsom (CA) vetos bill to allow undocumented students to have workstudy jobs

Communion

Honestly. Citizens are barely getting **** here in cali. It's hard enough for regular students to get into these programs. I feel bad for undocumented but they can't get EVERYTHING. California already gives them a lot. Those work study programs are not easy to get as is.

Edited by MistressKay
  • Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Thank Goodness I dodged a bullet for thinking of studying in the US years ago :suburban:

Edited by Princess Aurora

California and New York Democratic elected officials are the absolute worst.

Edited by ZeroSuitBritney
  • Thumbs Down 1

58 minutes ago, MistressKay said:

Honestly. Citizens are barely getting **** here in cali. It's hard enough for regular students to get into these programs. I feel bad for undocumented but they can't get EVERYTHING. California already gives them a lot. Those work study programs are not easy to get as is.

A HUGE portion of undocumented students in college are people that have been here for most of their life. They did not choose to come and be raised here to endure a life without citizenship. I would never tell any of my peers that I grew up with that they should not have equal access to job/interning opportunities in college the way I did simply because they're undocumented. And if they earned it, they earned it.

• Like 2

in Canada, we have foreign "students" coming to Canada working 40 hours a week. its an abuse of student visas. but i dont know if undocumented students means the same thing. 

2 hours ago, BornUnbroken said:

A HUGE portion of undocumented students in college are people that have been here for most of their life. They did not choose to come and be raised here to endure a life without citizenship. I would never tell any of my peers that I grew up with that they should not have equal access to job/interning opportunities in college the way I did simply because they're undocumented. And if they earned it, they earned it.

It will Open floodgates. I have undocumented friends as well and they got plenty with the dream act. They will be okay.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Pikachoo said:

in Canada, we have foreign "students" coming to Canada working 40 hours a week. its an abuse of student visas. but i dont know if undocumented students means the same thing. 

No they aren't on student visas they are technically permanent residents. 

2 minutes ago, MistressKay said:

It will Open floodgates. I have undocumented friends as well and they got plenty with the dream act. They will be okay.

Wow! I feel sorry for your undocumented friends then because you sound ******* ignorant

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MistressKay said:

What does this have to with citizens. Get everything? Do you know how insane you sound? :deadbanana2: 

OT: This is unfortunate. I myself had many friends that were Dreamers and were brought here when they were younger. They were intelligent, hard working students that just wanted to get their degree like everyone else. Hopefully he will reconsider in the future. These people actually contribute to our economy and contrary to popular belief often pay taxes themselves. 

The reason Californians barely get anything is because of neoliberals like Newsom routinely vetoing bills designed to make their lives better.

Interesting to see how many liberals based on the likes actually support Trump's white supremacist immigration policies :chick2: I guess yall didn't actually mind 2016-2020 that much after all. 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.