Hayden Panettiere addresses controversial PEOPLE interview

YourFavoriteWeapon

She's been through so much

Great response. People Magazine have ways been the absolute pits.

That's so shitty how the interviewer insisted that they continue filming instead of simply just rescheduling or doing it through Zoom like requested.

• Like 1

Poor girl. You can hear the pain in her voice. I hope she finds lots of healing :heart2:

• Like 1

"The mag doesn't grant approval for images or video before they run" Am I the only one who would not agree to that? 

I 100% believe her. Her thoughts and speech were absolutely coherent, she was just low energy and likely on something for extreme anxiety like ativan - I have a lot of experience with this type of sh*t and I really don't think she's spiralling into addiction.

7h5HZ3F.png

I hate that this got to her and she felt the need to address it :( wishing her the best always!

• Like 1

I hate that she is even in the situation to have to explain herself BUT I also could tell before opening this thread that she was going to point the finger and blame the interviewer. Sorry but if she felt so exhausted she should have told the reporter to postpone the interview part. Nothing in that interview indicated that the reporter did anything wrong imo. 

• Thumbs Down 3

12 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

I hate that she is even in the situation to have to explain herself BUT I also could tell before opening this thread that she was going to point the finger and blame the interviewer. Sorry but if she felt so exhausted she should have told the reporter to postpone the interview part. Nothing in that interview indicated that the reporter did anything wrong imo. 

Answer honestly,  if this was Taylor Swift in the same situation would you be saying this same thing? 

Just now, Opulence said:

Answer honestly,  if this was Taylor Swift in the same situation would you be saying this same thing? 

yeah? I think accountability is a good thing. Hence why I totally understand her saying she was exhausted and that's what threw her off. I believe her. I just have had it with celebs always pushing reporters, interviewers and the small guy under the bus. 

the fact she even had to address this is crazy jfc leave this poor woman alone and let her grieve in peace?? tf 

1 hour ago, Uncatena said:

Great response. People Magazine have ways been the absolute pits.

Why did she go to them to make an interview then?

25 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Absolutely agreed.

• Thanks 1

Eh… Given her history I'm inclined to think she could have been a little medicated. Regardless People are kinda **** for not allowing her the opportunity to redo it given it was a traumatic line of questioning and she was open enough to tell her story.

9 minutes ago, prézli said:

Why did she go to them to make an interview then?

Probably because her agents arranged it and she has a movie to promote? Don't try and spin this.

13 minutes ago, Uncatena said:

Probably because her agents arranged it and she has a movie to promote? Don't try and spin this.

The interviews are ALWAYS scripted. And the entire video is about her grief. So she knew.

She's a former alcoholic and had issues with pills too so naturally when people watch how she conducts herself in public and her behavior mirrors someone under the influence (of pills most likely), then there's going to be concern. Plus the comments seemed on her side and more angry at People for airing something like that knowing she was clearly on something. I read the last line of that post as sort of an admission she slipped up a bit. 

A very sad situation all around. She's been through a lot.

Man I just wanna give her a giant hug. 

So heartbreaking for her. I hope she finds peace and happiness

Queenie 

but I don't know why she's still being asked about her grief like this is it rly necessary? but maybe it truly is something she wants to do and it's good for her to express and talk about it (hopefully it is) :heart2:

Edited by okgo

I don't get why she's being asked about her loss/the way she's grieving when that's not anyone's business. These so-called journalists are so tacky that they would do anything for a quick headline, even when it involves exploiting these people's personal situations.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.