• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Afterglow

• MistressKay

• Damien M

• Pop Life

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me ma'am, not to be disrespectful or rude but could you please take post down. That is my grandma who was killed by a metra train. And it this post is very disrespectful. Idk who you are or if you even know her but I need you to take this down please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

59 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

:rip:

this part actually sent me :rip: because I can totally picture the messy, ignorant, older auntie saying dumb sh*t and that's exactly what Janet was probably serving. 

I read the article and the writer clearly came in with a narrative and agenda. They go as far as suggesting she is not fully in control or is being controlled. I would like some clarification from her though because this doesn't look good. But she's in mourning and probably couldn't care less about this right now 

and some of the quoted dialogue, including the cussing, doesn't sound like her.

this probably reads like stan coping but the interviewer is definitely biased

Edited by monologueNacafe
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

I dont understand, if a person is half white half black, why is that person called 'black', shouldnt they just be biracial? If we call them black why cant we call them white :psyduck:

Someone else could probably explain it better than me, but it's an old holdover of the one-drop rule in America. Mixed people with black ancestry are nearly always regarded as just being black. It's why people like Obama and Halle Berry are almost always referred to as just black despite both having a white parent. It's also why Mariah Carey, despite being a blend of multiple ethnicities and appearing racially ambiguous, is never referred to as an Irish or Venezuelan singer, just a black one.

What a weird statement. I need to read the entire article first to judge, but the part that is highlighted from it here is rather questionable...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SupremeGoddess said:

light skin dark skin kamala's asian pursian she's got them all that's why janet's out here hating cause kamala's sexy 

:lmao:

12 minutes ago, Pop Life said:

Someone else could probably explain it better than me, but it's an old holdover of the one-drop rule in America. Mixed people with black ancestry are nearly always regarded as just being black. It's why people like Obama and Halle Berry are almost always referred to as just black despite both having a white parent. It's also why Mariah Carey, despite being a blend of multiple ethnicities and appearing racially ambiguous, is never referred to as an Irish or Venezuelan singer, just a black one.

Yup but what was the actual reason behind that rule?

As a mixed person myself who has felt the sting of having pieces of their own identity ignored or denied it's beyond disappointing to hear these kinds of talking points from someone who was at one point seen as a champion against prejudice and ignorance. I guess even our heroes are not immune to propaganda

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Yup but what was the actual reason behind that rule?

White supremacy

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pisuke said:

Stick to Janet's ignorant comment and leave Madonna out of this. 

Im sure the Madonna fan was salivating at the thought of posting this on here.

Wildcat

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

This reminds me of Shania's 2018 interview that she also did with the Guardian where she "supported Trump" :rip: 

Anyway someone in Janet's camp was clearly misinformed and told her something that isn't true and this unfortunate comment will be forgotten in the upcoming days

This reminds me of how sheltered the jacksons WERE when they were children and how they receive their information which is why many of them got easily manipulated.

That said, she's too grown to go with that's what I heard.

The one part she got right is that mayhem will occur no matter the outcome but she really should stand on business and state things with her whole chest or say she is not informed enough about the subject to respond responsibly.

I believe one of the female basketball players were cornered into speaking about the election and they flat out said they are not well informed enough to speak about it and that was the end of it.

Love Janet but this is extremely dumb and damaging, especially coming from another Black person. Come out and correct yourself and do your own research next time, you sound like a Trumper. 

• Like 3

YALL Janet is not a Trumpette. 

Tbh while her answer was a bit ignorant, the interviewer was trying to catch her up when you read it. 

She came from a place of honesty, she doesn't know if it'll be successful if Kamala wins because of the uproar it will cause and she is right. 

She outrightly supported Obama and Michelle and supports reproductive rights and gay marriage. 

Let's not act like her one comment erases that. 

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.