Janet Jackson on Kamala Harris: "She's not black. That's what I heard"

Wildcat

Not some of you trying to make a #FreeJanet out of this as a way to excuse this mess :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Afterglow

• MistressKay

• Damien M

• Pop Life

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Bosque said:

She doesn't care about this at all. It's just something she heard somewhere and dropped in the interview. Hope no one is waiting too hard for any sort of apology or statement because it's obvious Janet has no interest in actually talking about politics 

The she shouldn't insert herself into it in the first place. She should have just said "no comment".

• Like 1

We never stopped loving her but I'm sure the Madonna fan that made this thread is shaking with anger. :toofunny3:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Holy sh*t Janet wtf are you doing

Fire Randy NOWWWW

47 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

We never stopped loving her but I'm sure the Madonna fan that made this thread is shaking with anger. :toofunny3:

I don't know what you're trying to say, and sorry if I've misunderstood but just weighing in.

I didn't start this thread but I'm a massive Janet fan (and Madonna fan too, no idea they are in any sort of competition anymore…) and I'm disappointed by this, not everything is about Stan wars especially ones from the 1800s. Janet's comments are heinous and if you are a fan of her music, particularly pre 2001 you would surely recognize this is so out of character for a woman who was once a progressive firebrand who sung about racial and gender inequality, domestic violence and sexual liberation.

She literally screams "Illiteracy, Ignorance, Bigotry, Predjudice, No!" on one of her most impactful albums and now she's peddling the stupidest conspiracy theory ever, even if she thought it was true - so what? The color black isn't monopolized by African Americans and blackness exists around the globe on a large spectrum, let alone taking into account colorism. It's shameful and ignorant and she needs to go and listen to her own music to remember who tf she is because this is not it. I still stan her obviously and I'm not cancelling her or anything over it but I am really side eyeing these comments of hers. She's clearly surrounded by bad people. 

Prejudice: no
Ignorance: no
Bigotry: no
Illiteracy: no

Edited by Slap
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nadiamendell said:

:deadbanana4:

How did she become so out of touch? Truly saddening.

What she said originally was bad enough, but this is just getting worse and worse. 

Edited by narid

59 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Madonna or Madonna fans have nothing to do with this. You do seem to obsessively have an issue with Madonna though. 

And not sure you are keeping up, but things aren't looking good for Janet with this fiasco, so keep it up.

how much worse can it get I feel like I'm drowning in GARBAGE here

monkee2.gif?ex=66f17f6f&is=66f02def&hm=b

Robin L. Baylor from the Philadelphia Tribune, this is the moment you've been waiting for. Time to publish that Janet Jackson hit piece you've been sitting on. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Bewitched said:

And the mess continues 

Let me go and stream Justin's everything I thought it was album cause Janet WTF

Edited by Mtjjproducer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.