Green Day American Idiot (Album) Turns 20th

discreetinside

Released on 21 September 2004 by Reprise Records and became one of the most successful and iconic Rock album in music history. 5 singles been released through this era and Boulevard of Broken Dreams been their biggest hit to date. Since then the album been sold over 23 millions copy worldwide, 6x platinum RIAA, won Best Rock Album and Boulevard of Broken Dreams Records of The Year for Grammy.

Green_Day_-_American_Idiot_album_cover.p

The album 20th Anniversary Edition will release on 25 October 2024 with over 50 tracks on remastered songs, demos and live sessions

ab67616d0000b273015e98c1af1b66ec14b95bd7

greendayamericanidiot20.jpg

Singles:

An iconic, generation defining work. I was just 3 when this album came out but even at that young age I remember hearing these songs on the radio. 

I went to see them last month play this album in full, and that is what really cemented its power to me. There were people a little older than me that genuinely were crying singing along to this record. 

By today's standards, it is a tad bit cheesy in places but its overall not lost much of its luster. It so succinctly captures how so many young people felt at such an odd time in American history. It's a beautiful time capsule of a restless and rebellious culture that just doesn't really exist anymore.

Incredible stuff. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

An iconic, generation defining work. I was just 3 when this album came out but even at that young age I remember hearing these songs on the radio. 

I went to see them last month play this album in full, and that is what really cemented its power to me. There were people a little older than me that genuinely were crying singing along to this record. 

By today's standards, it is a tad bit cheesy in places but its overall not lost much of its luster. It so succinctly captures how so many young people felt at such an odd time in American history. It's a beautiful time capsule of a restless and rebellious culture that just doesn't really exist anymore.

Incredible stuff. 

Well this album are still relevant till this day cause not much as changed at least for America lmao. Yeah I would say this was the defining representation album for Millennials cause like you said it really captures how they feel restless and rebellious during that specific time as teenagers.

• Like 1

20 years has gone so fast :eek:

One of my favorite records, tbh. I listen to it from time to time. Jesus Of Suburbia is THAT song

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.