• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• heckinglovato

• ForgottenSoul

• State of Grace.

• DuffStan

Another conflict thread? We should just merge all these war threads into World War 3 megathread at this point (and I am only half joking here... ) :clack:

• Like 4

Yeah it's officially starting starting.  Israel wants to push Hezzbollah all the way up until the Litani river in Lebanon and will probably then occupy southern Lebanon from here on out just as they've done in the West Bank, Syria's Golan Heights and like they will do in Gaza once the war is over.

this will be such a PR nightmare even worse than the Gaza war for Israel and the west. Lebanon is 30% Christian and has a HUGE and BELOVED diaspora around the world. They are some of the most business savvy people in the world and their communities globally are well intertwined and embedded into the local communities they have moved into.

Israel is literally on a suicide mission because Lebanon and hezzbollah are powerful compared to Hamas and because the global Lebanese diaspora will literally amplify and put an huge spotlight on Israel's crimes even more than what it is for Gaza.

This is actually what's going to be the proper beginning of the end for Israel. This chapter will be horrendous for everyone involved but especially for Israel 

Edited by IBeMe
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Does Lebanon have a right to defend itself too? :dancehall:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

this will be such a PR nightmare even worse than the Gaza war for Israel and the west. Lebanon is 30% Christian and has a HUGE and BELOVED diaspora around the world. They are some of the most business savvy people in the world and their communities globally are well intertwined and embedded into the local communities they have moved into.

That figure has always been contested because most Lebanese see it as more like 50%. The 70% Muslim figure includes the number of refugees from Syria, Palestine, etc. that Lebanon was basically dumped with because other Arab countries and the West refused to take in, but the country has always been 50-50 with Muslim/Christian populations. but anyways, I don't think that's a big deal. 

it's true that the implications of a war with Lebanon are a lot more devastating than a war with Palestinians. Lebanon is a sovereign country with a LOT of political ties abroad. Israeli wars with Lebanon have never sat well with the international community because there's never been a true way to spin the PR in their favor. I'm curious though how the international community will act if Israel invades the south. I've had the unfortunate experience of living in occupied Lebanon before and it's...not good.  

• Like 1

Guess the Biden admin tired themselves out working toward a ceasefire. :zzz:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

**** Israel. 

• Like 4

Has Hezbollah been firing rockets indiscriminately at Israel or is this just unprovoked?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

1 hour ago, VOSS said:

Has Hezbollah been firing rockets indiscriminately at Israel or is this just unprovoked?

Has Israel launched a genocide on another Arab nation or were Hezbollah's missiles just unprovoked?

Food for thought!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

We need an Israel vs The World megathread :clack:

5 minutes ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

We need an Israel vs The World megathread :clack:

It'll also help corral all the zionist losers into one thread too :clack:

• Like 3

Ib4 zionists come citing some religious text claiming ownership of Lebanon and why not the entire world 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is terrifying but the international community has let Lebanon down so many times. Heck, even Lebanese politicians have let their population go bankrupt.

If this starts a larger scale war then it's over. Mind you South Lebanon has been attacked for almost a year now WITHOUT any real punishment. Israel is a terrorist state.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

But I was told it all came down to the 'hostages' in Gaza. Do they not know basic geography :clack:?

22 minutes ago, FOCK said:

….

End that parasitic sham of a state. Now. 

They like to call 'terr0.rist' to basically anyone  but Israel is also full of terr.0rist views :coffee2:

18 hours ago, DuffStan said:

This is terrifying but the international community has let Lebanon down so many times. Heck, even Lebanese politicians have let their population go bankrupt.

If this starts a larger scale war then it's over. Mind you South Lebanon has been attacked for almost a year now WITHOUT any real punishment. Israel is a terrorist state.

Even? In reality, Lebanese politicians are the problem, sectarianism is their problem. I don't know what the **** this Iranian terrorist group of hizbula is doing in a nation that was once mostly Christian like Lebanon?

At least, it wasn't occupied by the US or any other country to blame this mess on them, as in the case of the Iraq or Afghanistan 

Edited by A.R.L
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

7 hours ago, A.R.L said:

Even? In reality, Lebanese politicians are the problem, sectarianism is their problem. I don't know what the **** this Iranian terrorist group of hizbula is doing in a nation that was once mostly Christian like Lebanon?

At least, it wasn't occupied by the US or any other country to blame this mess on them, as in the case of the Iraq or Afghanistan 

France occupied it, as well as Israel and Syria in the last 100 years

wonder how the media is going to spin this in favor of Israel even tho it's actively committing a genocide and bombing a neighboring country 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 9/21/2024 at 12:45 AM, DuffStan said:

France occupied it, as well as Israel and Syria in the last 100 years

I know, but I was clearly talking about recent history, not something that happened more than 70 years ago.

But even if you want to go for that, there are countries that have been occupied by France even longer than with Lebanon and are now in a much better position. I do not support the occupation of the west of any kind, but it's not always the only occupation or the only problem that occurs. 

Even Lebanon itself was once in a much better position, its capital city was called the Paris of the Middle East, so it is clearly not the French occupation that is only to blame for the problems they now have in recent history.

Edited by A.R.L
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.