Hayden Panettiere set to reprise her role as Kirby Reed in upcoming Scream spin-off

YourFavoriteWeapon

spacer.png

I'm unsure how I feel about this given that I hated the way VI ruined Kirby's character and I also think Hayden lacks the acting chops she once had, but knowing that Kevin Williamson is serving as producer is making me a little optimistic. I will update this thread whenever I get new news.

Edited by YourFavoriteWeapon

Why not just make a Scream movie with Hayden as a lead? Another series seems unnecessary. 

• Like 2

I will be SEATED for this. Gimme more Kirby in any capacity until the end of time pls :clap3:

Also interesting that Spyglass doesn't seem attached? :coffee:

Is this a Netflix series? I am interested, I love the "I Love You Beth Cooper" lead actress :clap3:

• Like 1

Is anyone still bitter about Melissa and Jenna's firing/departure? As much as I love Neve, the new duo added a breath of fresh air. They would've been great successors to the franchise. I loved the supernatural twist to Melissa's character being related to ghost face. I would've loved to see more of her potential.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

this franchise is DONE. 

• Thumbs Down 3

So they are making two new Scream movies, one for theatrical release and one focusing on Kirby for Paramount+?

18 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Why not just make a Scream movie with Hayden as a lead? Another series seems unnecessary. 

She has the cadence of a medicated teleprompter and can't sell out seats the same way Neve and Courteney can. 

14 minutes ago, siegetheday said:

Also interesting that Spyglass doesn't seem attached? :coffee:

They are lol, they own all the rights to franchise including the television series. It's a joint production by them and Kevin Williamson's production company. 

15 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Is this a Netflix series? I am interested, I love the "I Love You Beth Cooper" lead actress :clap3:

Paramount+, and I love that movie :clap3: The gay twink movie buff is so iconic and so is the threesome sceneS 

8 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Is anyone still bitter about Melissa and Jenna's firing/departure? As much as I love Neve, the new duo added a breath of fresh air. They would've been great successors to the franchise. I loved the supernatural twist to Melissa's character being related to ghost face. I would've loved to see more of her potential.

The majority of people don't give a **** about Melissa. I feel bad she was put through a smear campaign but all of her stans attacking people excited for 7 are huge hypocrites given that Melissa works with both Universal and Clinique - the former donating money to Israel aid and the former going as far to donate money to the IDF. It's nice to know the franchise is going to be led by TALENT again versus whatever Melissa was trying to give. Neve wins and no amount of death threats and vile antisemetic hate from Melissa stans will bring her down :clap3: 

5 minutes ago, Uncatena said:

this franchise is DONE. 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, narid said:

So they are making two new Scream movies, one for theatrical release and one focusing on Kirby for Paramount+?

Yes, except the Kirby spinoff is a TV series. 

3 minutes ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

Yes, except the Kirby spinoff is a TV series. 

does it not quite clearly say "Feature Film" :deadbanana2:

4 minutes ago, Uncatena said:

does it not quite clearly say "Feature Film" :deadbanana2:

Wait bye someone told me it's a TV show prior to this leak, lemme change the OP :rip: 

Edited by YourFavoriteWeapon

Not this coming out with that disgusting People interview.

16 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

Not this coming out with that disgusting People interview.

what interview?

5 minutes ago, ccfan007 said:

what interview?

I won't be posting, as it feels exploitive, but look it up on your own. People posted an interview with Panettiere, where it's painfully obvious she's under the influence of something and is giving Anna Nicole Smith vibes.

2 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

I won't be posting, as it feels exploitive, but look it up on your own. People posted an interview with Panettiere, where it's painfully obvious she's under the influence of something and is giving Anna Nicole Smith vibes.

I'm watching the interview now and I see what you mean. This kinda hits even harder knowing that a few months ago one of my friends who works for conventions said he briefly assisted her and that she showed up barefoot and seemed high out of her mind. Poor girl.

• Like 1

Eh I'd watch. Kirby is S4 was a slay, the Kirby in S6 was not. They butchered that character and she didn't make it interesting either.  I seen the People mag interview and I agree something is off. 

Edited by Shelter
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

She has the cadence of a medicated teleprompter and can't sell out seats the same way Neve and Courteney can. 

Hayden was going through some personal **** while filming. Honestly don't get why you are so rude about Melissa and Hayden. It's not like Neve has had Meryl Streep's career and Scream VI outgrossed both of her previous entries.

5 minutes ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

I'm watching the interview now and I see what you mean. This kinda hits even harder knowing that a few months ago one of my friends who works for conventions said he briefly assisted her and that she showed up barefoot and seemed high out of her mind. Poor girl.

Mhmm. Especially knowing where she had gotten to in her recovery. This is heartbreaking and very disappointing to see from People in 2024.

50 minutes ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

The majority of people don't give a **** about Melissa. I feel bad she was put through a smear campaign but all of her stans attacking people excited for 7 are huge hypocrites given that Melissa works with both Universal and Clinique - the former donating money to Israel aid and the former going as far to donate money to the IDF. It's nice to know the franchise is going to be led by TALENT again versus whatever Melissa was trying to give. Neve wins and no amount of death threats and vile antisemetic hate from Melissa stans will bring her down :clap3: 

spacer.png

:soda:Oh wow. The tea was spilled here. I didn't know ALL that happened with Melissa.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

Mhmm. Especially knowing where she had gotten to in her recovery. This is heartbreaking and very disappointing to see from People in 2024.

I really hope her slurring her words and looking dead in the eyes is a symptom of mood stabilizers because my biggest fear is us having an Aaron Carter type situation with her. I love her so much and am always rooting for her.

Just now, Buffy said:

:soda:Oh wow. The tea was spilled here. I didn't know ALL that happened with Melissa.

Yeah Melissa stans have been rabid and feral hurling antisemitism, ageism, harassment, and death threats toward Neve on the basis of "hEr SuPPOrtiNG iSrAeL!!11" when Melissa works with many pro-Israel companies :rip: 

• Like 1

hoping Kevin reuses "The Following" ! because that show was FLAWLESS

Wish 7 would've followed her instead of Sidney again. Scream doesn't need another episodic series

Also, let's not act like Neve is a strong enough name to put butts in seats. 4 was the last Sidney/Neve-centric movie and it underperformed, causing the series to lie dormant for 10 years (except for the MTV series, which was trash)

The big draw of the series is Ghostface.

• Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.