The New York Times: Liking Taylor Swift "has divided Americans along partisan lines"

Feanor

GX1hldjXgAAROD2?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Who Do Voters Really Like? Taylor Swift.

The pop star Taylor Swift has endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris — and is far more popular among Democrats and independents than Republicans.

Last week, Ms. Swift endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris's bidfor the presidency, following months of speculation, creating a frenzy of news coverage and analysis of her potential impact on the campaign. According to a New York Times, Philadelphia Inquirer and Siena College poll, which was conducted Sept. 11 to 16 — after the debate and Ms. Swift's endorsement, which immediately followed — 44 percent of likely voters nationally have favorable views of the star musician, while 34 percent have unfavorable views of her.

GX1hkJ-WkAAZEV1?format=jpg&name=medium

The Times has never polled voters about Ms. Swift before, but it appears that her decision has quickly divided Americans along partisan lines. Among Democrats, 70 percent view her favorably, compared with 23 percent of Republicans. Among those with an unfavorable view, of course, is former President Donald J. Trump, who, over the weekend, wrote in a post on Truth Social: "I HATE TAYLOR SWIFT!"

The New York Times

michael-jackson-reading.gif

It's not just her. You'd be hard pressed to find anything that isn't divided among partisan lines in the United States since Trump came down that escalator in 2015. 

• Like 4

Seriously? What is wrong with American society?:biblionny:

so those i supported are liking me and the others aren't. truly groundbreaking revelation.

i'm sure that half of the people who say have an unfavorable opinion about her were not streaming her music to begin with. And the other half are still streaming it regardless. 

• Like 4

Liking Katy Perry has divided ATRLers along partisan lines as well!

Dddd I guess we can reasonably throw the 'Trump supporter' label at THOTS now :bibliahh:

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Liking Katy Perry has divided ATRLers along partisan lines as well!

Really? I feel like disliking Katy Perry is one of the only topics that transcends politics, age, race, religion, and gender :)

• Haha 6

Yep. OTH confirmed to be Trump supporters. They were more afraid of Taylor's endorsement than Trump himself :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Dddd I guess we can reasonably throw the 'Trump supporter' label at THOTS now :bibliahh:

a1d7d5fb-92e3-40b3-9692-9933ec83c9ab_300

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Really? I feel like disliking Katy Perry is one of the only topics that transcends politics, age, race, religion, and gender :)

It transcends all but the elite 1% who worship miss katheryn me fears :clap3:

• Confused 2

Americans have always been Democrats vs Republicans. What is new?

Ofc the Democrats will like her and the Republicans will hate her because of the endorsement

I feel like this is hard to quantify with just how many people listen to her

• Like 2

All the conservatives should sell their tickets to the Eras tour in Indianapolis. (To me!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.