Rahim Redcar (fka Christine and the Queens) - "DEEP HOLES"

Uncatena

artwork-440x440.jpg

Rahim's first song under his new name (that he has been fighting to release under for a long time) from the self-leaked album "HOPECORE",

which is seemingly getting an official release soon.

Out tomorrow.

I was so impressed with the music I heard from this project so far but of all the names he could use, Rahim.. what's going on?

Wtf is that name coming from a white French guy who is not Muslim?  I don't know what happened to him but not really sure I support whatever is going on.  Hope the music is at least good bc his attitude over the past few months is a complete turn off.

16 minutes ago, Archetype said:

his attitude over the past few months is a complete turn off.

What has happened? 

Paranoia, Angels, True Love was cutesy but I wasn't really vibing with that 2022 Redcar album. La Vita Nuova remains his best. 

1 hour ago, Archetype said:

Wtf is that name coming from a white French guy who is not Muslim?  I don't know what happened to him but not really sure I support whatever is going on.  Hope the music is at least good bc his attitude over the past few months is a complete turn off.

he is quite obviously struggling with grief and mental health issues, so to call his "attitude" off is a biT weird. 

7 hours ago, Pendulum said:

What has happened? 

Paranoia, Angels, True Love was cutesy but I wasn't really vibing with that 2022 Redcar album. La Vita Nuova remains his best. 

I actually like that album, it was one of my top played albums of the year!  His mother passed away a few years ago and he's been... to put it bluntly, spiraling with grief over his loss and fighting with his label ever since.  He's a very spiritual person as well, and has been "talking to angels" and visited a shaman multiple times to try to talk with his deceased mother.  He's been posting a lot of cryptic messages on his IG, snakily responding to people, he posted that anon mask to IG, and from what I can tell, has completely alienated himself from his former friends and collaborators.  I think evolution and change is a great thing for artists, but there is a level of unhealthy narcissism that he has developed that I cannot get behind.

6 hours ago, Uncatena said:

he is quite obviously struggling with grief and mental health issues, so to call his "attitude" off is a biT weird. 

I'm referring to him thinking he deserved to perform at the Olympics opening ceremony and ranting about it on social media... only to be invited to perform at the Paralympics Opening Ceremony (which was better IMO).  I love most of his music but not even the most acclaimed or successful artist on earth would be so narcissistic and self-absorbed to complain about that.  To top it off, he is a white French non-Muslim man taking on an Arabic Muslim name, because... why exactly?  And yes, that is the type of thing he should be expected to explain because it *is* distasteful considering France's history with the Arab world.  I hope he is able to resolve his issues with his label and find peace with his mother's passing, I really do, but the actual *results* of this, as in, his attitude, how he comes across to fans, and what he is actually saying and doing... it's just a lot for fans to try to keep up with especially when he purposely does not explain his rationale half of the time.  

Edited by Archetype
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Archetype said:

I actually like that album, it was one of my top played albums of the year!  His mother passed away a few years ago and he's been... to put it bluntly, spiraling with grief over his loss and fighting with his label ever since.  He's a very spiritual person as well, and has been "talking to angels" and visited a shaman multiple times to try to talk with his deceased mother.  He's been posting a lot of cryptic messages on his IG, snakily responding to people, he posted that anon mask to IG, and from what I can tell, has completely alienated himself from his former friends and collaborators.  I think evolution and change is a great thing for artists, but there is a level of unhealthy narcissism that he has developed that I cannot get behind.

I'm referring to him thinking he deserved to perform at the Olympics opening ceremony and ranting about it on social media... only to be invited to perform at the Paralympics Opening Ceremony (which was better IMO).  I love most of his music but not even the most acclaimed or successful artist on earth would be so narcissistic and self-absorbed to complain about that.  To top it off, he is a white French non-Muslim man taking on an Arabic Muslim name, because... why exactly?  And yes, that is the type of thing he should be expected to explain because it *is* distasteful considering France's history with the Arab world.  I hope he is able to resolve his issues with his label and find peace with his mother's passing, I really do, but the actual *results* of this, as in, his attitude, how he comes across to fans, and what he is actually saying and doing... it's just a lot for fans to try to keep up with especially when he purposely does not explain his rationale half of the time.  

i agree with all of this. i'm the biggest fan and i've had a really hard time making sense of all of his actions and motivations lately. the rant on twitter specifically was... a lot. the anonymous mask stuff is weird and all of that on top of the name change is really strange and off-putting. i didn't even listen to the leak of the album that he leaked himself because everything I heard from it sounded unpolished and unfinished. he needs to take a long break and come back in a few years.

Edited by Archie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.