Singers You Used to Hate and Now You Love

Strawberry Bubble

I used to be an obsessive Rihanna hater back in 2009, but then I heard Loud and became a fan… until she bored me to death with no new music, lol.

What about you?

Dua… Idk if "hate" is the right word but I used to think she was just another uninteresting one hit wonder, then I watched the video for New Rules and the rest is history… :gaycat6:

Hate is crazy because how do you hate someone who doesn't even know you? :suburban:

Anyways, I'd say Sabrina. It's not that I "hated" her but I just never really found her interesting and it was crazy to me how she kept pumping out albums despite them flopping.

Then I heard Espresso and something clicked:WAP:

• Like 1

Justin Bieber. I don't love him but he's not that bad. His music from Purpose on is so much better.

Edited by Princess Aurora
  • Like 1

I used to not be big on Beyoncé just because I fell for the "she's overrated" narrative but after ST/Lemonade I started becoming a fan of her and enjoy her old(er) music like B'Day. I also really respect her drive compared to all her peers. 

• Like 1

Justin Bieber. When I was younger I used to be a hater of his, always saying negative things about him and never giving him any recognition. I didn't like him and was one of those who would comment negatively on social media and then in 2015 with What Do You Mean I started appreciating him and now I like him and will actually defend him. 

• Like 1

I didn't hate anyone but I wasn't really a fan of Beyonce (outside of a few songs) until 4 and I didn't like Taylor's music much until Folklore. Though for Taylor I've realised I just only like about half her discography, she's just hit and miss for me. I guess I used to find Miley annoying but she grew on me a lot over the years and I really love her voice now even if not all her music is for me.  

Edited by Mikeymoonshine

Katy,  I'm sorry WItness converted me *^*.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Does feeling sorry for them count because JLo isn't even fun to hate anymore 

• Haha 4

see I feel like this is rare for me cause I don't usually hate a voice and then have it grow on me. I usually am taken aback and then give it some chances and have it grow on me. that said, I can think of ONE voice that I HATED at first that grew on me:

Joan Baez

I couldn't stand her vibrato when I first heard her voice in the first few seconds of the film Silent Running. but then I later listened to her debut album and realized that it added character to her voice and thus fell in love with it

I wouldn't say I love him but for me, it's Prince. I've learned to appreciate his art

Noah Lennox (Panda Bear)

I don't know what happened, suddenly I even loved his voice after thinking it was annoying.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kanes said:

Noah Lennox (Panda Bear)

I don't know what happened, suddenly I even loved his voice after thinking it was annoying.

I love him so much :jonny3:Person Pitch is one of the greatest albums ever

• Like 1

Just now, technoprayer said:

I love him so much :jonny3:Person Pitch is one of the greatest albums ever

The Beyonce of Animal Collective!

• Thanks 1

was not a fan of Prince at all until I was an adult.

I'm torn on Billie...half her songs are incredible and half are almost unlistenable to me 

I hated Bey when she first came out as a soloist. I thought she was too full of herself. Then during B-day I got more into her, Beutiful Liar just sealed the deal and I became a fan. 

I found out about Troye through his early tumblr'd songs, but he didn't leave any impression on me so I just kinda wrote him off for years. But I gave him another chance last summer and his music surprisingly clicked for me. There are some genuinely great pop songs on both Bloom and In A Dream, and I was lowkey mad I slept on him for so long (even the corny Blue Neighborhood stuff didn't sound as bad as I remembered :lakitu:)

• Like 1

Drake

Billie

Lana

like im NOT a fangirl for the artist but I love there music now. Just took me time. however I only like Lana's first 3 albums and Drakes first album,  But billie's new album got my attention and it was so good :WAP:

I dont think I will ever love Camila, Demi & BTS

there's just nothing there

12 hours ago, Riverbank said:

I found out about Troye through his early tumblr'd songs, but he didn't leave any impression on me so I just kinda wrote him off for years. But I gave him another chance last summer and his music surprisingly clicked for me. There are some genuinely great pop songs on both Bloom and In A Dream, and I was lowkey mad I slept on him for so long (even the corny Blue Neighborhood stuff didn't sound as bad as I remembered :lakitu:)

what are your favorite songs from him

1 minute ago, Strawberry Bubble said:

what are your favorite songs from him

One Of Your Girls

Angel Baby

My My My

Plum

Take Yourself Home

To name a few

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Riverbank said:

One Of Your Girls

Angel Baby

My My My

Plum

Take Yourself Home

To name a few

thanks 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.