Is Chappell Roan sabotaging herself?

Kimmo

With complaints about being too famous, people touching her, not wanting to win awards or shoot Music Videos… is the Female Lady Gaga setting herself up for failure, or is she pioneer of a new type of successful lazy pop star? 
spacer.png

Discuss….

• Haha 3

Based on her streaming numbers I think she's just fine; the average person does not care about whatever soundbites have been plucked from her interviews, but even if that conversation is reaching them it's clearly not slowing down her ascent. 

• Like 7

I don't think so. The average person is not going to come across an interview she had with a publication to know what she says. 

The "Female Lady Gaga" :toofunny3:

Edited by ChooseyLover
  • Haha 3

Like other have said, the GP probably won't care, but industry insiders will. Who wants to waste their time working with someone who is trying their best not to be successful? 

edit: not the GaR sneak! 

200w.webp

Edited by Reginald
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, V$. said:

It's something about her sign, Pisces.

:suburban:

Not too much on us now! As the representative of the Pisces sign, we're not responsible for Chappell's behavior:alexz:

• Haha 1

Absolutely. I think it's instinct to hide under the covers for some artits who become polarized by their fame. 

no lol. she's just saying everything most celebrities feel.

• Like 1

She's trying so hard to be Azealia Banks... give it up, darling, you can try whatever you want, but you'll never succeed.

• Haha 5

She's definitely harming her brand image and becoming more polarising, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.

She's getting headlines and stories outside of her artistry, which whether she likes it or not, is one of the hallmarks of a true star.

Let's not forget there was a time where ATRL and the wider internet genuinely, genuinely  thought Ariana Grande was over because she licked a donut.

People are getting annoyed by her, but in 10 years time, I don't think we're going to hear about her upcoming 7th album and go, "lmao this flop. She's still trying? She royally screwed up a huge opportunity with her attitude."

The girls with meteoric debuts always have longevity. Yeah, some of the stuff she's said is starting to get annoying and repetitive, but she's 100% here to stay.

Edited by Rihinvention
  • Like 4

It wouln't surprise me if she is trying to get Lorded Carlyed

Where they had a huge era and now they are more of indie darling but not really celebrities. 

53 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

The "Female Lady Gaga" :toofunny3:

Tbh she reminds me of lady gaga during artpop, especially with her saying she would never do brand deals LOL.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Matchatea said:

Tbh she reminds me of lady gaga during artpop, especially with her saying she would never do brand deals LOL.

I think the comparisons are tired for the most part. Gaga was coming for blood from the jump, she was very ambitious and determined to be the biggest thing on the planet. :deadbanana2: With ARTPOP she was thought provoking as usual but not this way. I wonder if Gaga sees herself in her though.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.