Gaga talks about intersex/trans rumors with Bill Gates

Hector

21 minutes ago, AlbumOfTheYear said:

Honestly, this and the fact that she was publicly for gay marriage when the gays were much less tolerated by the GP at the time made me realize that she was the real deal ally wise.

The Ur So Gay/I Kissed a Girl chanteuse cannot relate!

I don't know about Ur So Gay, but, believe it or not, I Kissed a Girl wasn't seen as particularly offensive at the time (unless you were conservative/Christian, some were complaining about a song "promoting lesbianism" being on the radio). It's only in recent years since topics like appropriation have been introduced to the public that people have looked back on it and seen how it is problematic.

• Like 1

Before it became a cute 00s/10s pop girl standard aesthetic to pretend like you give a damn about the wellbeing of your audience to sell your latest cheap chart tactic. 

Real since day one. As simple as that. 

Edited by Suspendedintheair
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

I remember around that time seeing a video of her performing live that went viral, and I think part of her flesh was showing in an odd way which led people to assume it was a male body part. That's the first time I heard the rumor.

You just unlocked a pre school memory of mine :rip: Yeah she was wearing a red body suit I think. 

36 minutes ago, Malkuth said:

I don't know about Ur So Gay, but, believe it or not, I Kissed a Girl wasn't seen as particularly offensive at the time (unless you were conservative/Christian, some were complaining about a song "promoting lesbianism" being on the radio). It's only in recent years since topics like appropriation have been introduced to the public that people have looked back on it and seen how it is problematic.

I myself saw it as offensive because I was a gay teen at the time. The double standard of girl-on-girl-is-hot was being exploited by a straight woman AFTER she releases Ur So Gay so I've personally never f'd with Katy that way due to her plays for attention being obvious.

And sure, part of the lesbian community embraced it as a queer sort of anthem but just as many questioned the song's lyrics reducing a lesbian experience to "I was just going wild on a wine cooler, ya'll" .

Post-Gaga, I definitely feel that the pop girls publicly supporting gay rights and the LGBT+ community has become a standard. I like Beyoncé, for example, but I vividly remember being quite surprised when she posted a video celebrating the legalization of same-sex marriage back when it happened, as she had never really spoken about or championed gay rights before. Even with pop stars before Gaga, like Madonna, who did speak out, it was still very much an anomaly and could put you in an awkward situation.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, AlbumOfTheYear said:

Honestly, this and the fact that she was publicly for gay marriage when the gays were much less tolerated by the GP at the time made me realize that she was the real deal ally wise.

The Ur So Gay/I Kissed a Girl chanteuse cannot relate!

Are you an ally if you are apart of the community? She's bisexual.

1 hour ago, Fleahive said:

Are you an ally if you are apart of the community? She's bisexual.

Honestly, I'm not even going to touch that topic because I don't know Gaga personally or if she's bisexual, nor does she have anything to prove on that end.

I do think that using her voice to vouch for the marginalized counts as allyship no matter how you cut it.

Here's the main clip itself:

Love her but everyone seems to have forgotten the "Telephone" video line when the guard is like "I told you she didn't have a d1que."

• Haha 1

IT'S AN INTERSEX WORLD AND YOU'RE LUCKY TO BE LIVING IN IT

spacer.png

I think it goes overlooked how amazing she was for how she reacted to this. She embraced it when anybody else in her position, in particular at a time like that in society, would've been horrified and denying it at every opportunity. I mean, that rumour was everywhere and could've been a career ender for her, yet she took it in her stride and even empowered herself with it. That displayed her true character and how genuine her care for our community is. This is what real allyship looks like. 

• Like 3

When i was a teen, i really wanted to see her donkey dick.

You can say a lot about Gaga but the way she handled this AT A TIME before it was cool to be liberal and progressive on these sort of issues will forever show her to be a class act :clap3:

Bill Gates is a vile bastard. If you knew what he did in Kenya - imposing his own seed-trading and paying the gov to impose heft fees on tribes's seed trading, essentially empoverishing millions so he can sell his company's seed without competition - you would be trying to eliminate this disgusting billionaire too instead of celebrating him being in the same room as her.

Utter pig.

Edited by Mr.X
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

Post-Gaga, I definitely feel that the pop girls publicly supporting gay rights and the LGBT+ community has become a standard. I like Beyoncé, for example, but I vividly remember being quite surprised when she posted a video celebrating the legalization of same-sex marriage back when it happened, as she had never really spoken about or championed gay rights before. Even with pop stars before Gaga, like Madonna, who did speak out, it was still very much an anomaly and could put you in an awkward situation.

Beyoncé has always supported gay rights and the community. But she didn't exploit the community and the gay experience for a buck like Gaga did that's the difference.

• Thumbs Down 4

19 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Didn't she literally correct it in an interview by saying her beautiful puzzy was offended by the question 

Yes. I do think at times the rumor triggered her because people were also saying she looked like a man. Barbara Walters was so damn rude in this interview. Gaga was so visibly uncomfortable by the questions but still carried herself like a professional. 

6 hours ago, Shinning said:

Beyoncé has always supported gay rights and the community. But she didn't exploit the community and the gay experience for a buck like Gaga did that's the difference.

So being outspoken about the gay world in an era when everyone was scared to do so was wrong considering she helped normalising the topic; is wrong? Well I hope she made a lot of bucks from it cos she deserved it! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.