Chappell Roan: "Fame is like an abusive ex-husband”

Lagerfeld

how come we're seeing chappell's face in public everyday but THE beyonce can stay hidden for months? :rip: atp even taylor is more lowkey than chappell :redface:

• Like 8

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrokenMachine

• freshoutthebuffet

• Kern

• bielneira

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't listen to her but I'm really supportive of what she's doing here. Stan culture reinforcing the "price" of fame is exactly why stanning needs to go the way of the dinosaur. Or at least be reshaped into something new

American celebrity culture is such a nasty part of capitalism and it must change as we make societal progress. She's fighting the good fight :coffee2:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

And for those who say they lack sympathy because she chooses to stick around instead of giving up her career: this is victim blaming. She should be able to record music, amplify her brand and continue her passion without being subjected to weird/dangerous behavior from those who think they are entitled to her body and mind

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Meh, she's not the first or last star to whine about the perils of fame, so whatever.

But the namedropping she does a lot is kind of weird? I texted Sabrina, I phoned Lorde, Gaga gave me her number, Mother Theresa ghost appeared to me in a dream, bla bla bla :clown: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

She really thinks she's Michael Jackson or something :lmao:

But I'm sure she'll be front and center at the Grammy's next year...a huge star studded event with lots of cameras to boost her profile lol

BOY did the Jimmy Fallon interview fool me into thinking she's a cool *****.

I secretly hope she goes back to being a donut shop girl so she can finally shut the **** up.

flavor-of-love-new-york.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

chappell please retire. This is exhausting and you've been famous for like two months

• Haha 3

• ATRL Moderator

She is a formidable artist and a fierce performer who is making some truly fun music. I do reserve a lot of sympathy for her, in so far as this adjustment in status and consumption has clearly been very difficult. It's impossible to imagine what it is like to live a life so public in such a drastic way, especially in such a short amount of time. While I find certain elements of her interviews enlightening and brave, I do, at times, feel a bit confused whether her actions coincide with her thoughts. Perhaps her label or team are pressuring her to make certain decisions, perhaps she has contracts and responsibilities to uphold that once seemed okay but have changed? Who knows? 

That being said, I really don't care for this analogy. She has spoken candidly about being stalked, feeling unsafe, having her family's home uncovered and is more than entitled to speak up about such monstrous and cruel behavior. She doesn't, however, need to compare it to an abusive ex-husband. Aside from being insensitive, it's just not a good comparison. I believe that she has genuinely felt scared and been mistreated, and again I reserve a lot of sympathy for her as she navigates her newfound position, but personally I wish she articulated some these ideas differently. At the same time, we really don't know the extent of what she's been through, so I'm not inclined to hop on the hate train at present. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope for her sake she stops doing interviews for a while, she's complained about the same thing in all of them and it's tiring...

Shes ruining any chance of the gp to like and continue to support her. Every day theres something negative coming from her mouth. 

4 minutes ago, Sabrina Carpenter said:

Yall :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Windy Day said:

how come we're seeing chappell's face in public everyday but THE beyonce can stay hidden for months? :rip: atp even taylor is more lowkey than chappell :redface:

Because she's a gen z and addicted to social media :coffee2: 

she can't stay away from her phone 

• Like 1

Has her therapist ever told her she can ignore social media? likeeeee

ATP, she should be a ghost writer and keep it moving. She complains more than she has to offer. 

The problem it's not even what she says imo, stupid celebrities ain't nothing new, but her attitude torwards her own success this soon is weird. She's been acting like a whiny big baby that is unhappy with its new toy, it screams entitlement but in her case there's something that isn't clicking. Maybe there's an impostor symdrome going on underneath her antics, who knows.

If she was so focused on the music and less on the fame aspect, she wouldn't have cancelled tour dates to perform at the VMAs.

Her actions are not marrying up with her words :katie:

• Thanks 4

Well leave then. No one is stopping you.

43 minutes ago, TipToe said:

The problem it's not even what she says imo, stupid celebrities ain't nothing new, but her attitude torwards her own success this soon is weird. She's been acting like a whiny big baby that is unhappy with its new toy, it screams entitlement but in her case there's something that isn't clicking. Maybe there's an impostor symdrome going on underneath her antics, who knows.

She even said at the VMA's that she (and Sabrina) have been at this (industry) for 10 years now. She's been hustling and performing at parks/small venues for YEARS and she finally got to where she wanted to be just to act like this... 

She's clearly got more fans than haters to be at this level of fame, and she is about to ruin it. She has the right to a private life, yes... but fame is something you choose. 10 years... from her own mouth... 

Also, I'd just like to add that her label has been investing on her.. she literally popped out of nowhere, that doesn't happen randomly. She's clearly pulling the strings here. 

Edited by shinyshimmery
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.