• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrokenMachine

• freshoutthebuffet

• Kern

• bielneira

Top Posters In This Topic

Can she just flop so we never have to hear about her again? 

Edited by Calvin
  • Like 1

Imagine all of the beaten wives reading this on their phone in their bedrooms unable to leave due to safety and financial reasons. Yet this white woman millionaire is comparing the freedom, security, and power fame provides to your situation. Lmao, just a mess.

Edited by Namie-Knowles
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Attending award shows, doing interviews and covering magazines don't seem like things a person who hates fame would do

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Rihinvention said:

I keep seeing this quote being taken out of context.

When she's talking about stalking, harassment, being yelled at, unsolicited physical contact, etc. — she's actually highlighting red flags in DV relationships.

But people are acting like she said, "being rich and loved by millions is like being bashed by a man."

That's not what she's saying at all. I feel like it's unfair to take this quote out of context.

It's still not comparable. She can choose to go back to the diner she was working at and never make another appearance again. People will eventually forget. 

The same can't be said for an abusive partner 

• Like 10

The media better get on her ass about this the same way they went in on Blake lively for misrepresenting that movie a few weeks ago 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, freshoutthebuffet said:

The media better get on her ass about this the same way they went in on Blake lively for misrepresenting that movie a few weeks ago 

Bingo. Watch them be silent and try to justify it. If Blake Lively had said this everyone would be eating her alive.

• Like 3

I don't doubt for a second that fame is a very hellish experience. It sounds like my worst nightmare. But I have a difficult time feeling sympathetic towards her because she doesn't seem to have any interest in bowing out and disappearing until the general public has forgotten she exists.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Capris Groove said:

Most women stay with abusive husbands because they don't have the resources to leave.

As a famous wealthy person Chappell now has access to (and money for) more resources than 95% of us. Including the option to leave.

I find she's coming off not particularly bright lately, and definitely not well-worded.

Yeah, I'm not trying to downplay the dark sides to fame. I'm sure everything she says about the experience is true, but this comparison rubs me a bit weird. Abusive women often stay out of fear and/or lack of resources. Contractual elements aside, Chappell has earned money from this experience (unlike most abused wives). She can leave or bow out or at least stop doing promo. She can perform shows instead of cancelling them to do the VMAs. She can turn down all the magazine interviews. Etc.

She's kind of starting to talk out of both sides of her face. Experience is nuanced but this quote hits weird. 

Edited by Poptart89

I fear the more she talks the more she's closer to her fall... after all it was all already stated in the name of her album so atleast she's true to the whole concept. 

3 hours ago, Young In Love said:

in this case i wish her to flop?

worst of luck, babe; every thing is gonna happen to you

19597_original.gif

Worst of Luck, Babe! is sending mee

19597_original.gif

• Haha 2

Honestly, she needs to just retire from pop music.

What a dumb ******* comparison. 

I hope she has a strong team and support, sounds like it's been hard to adjust to fame, especially since she has been stalked and harassed by so call fans. Her song was in a target commercial, so Hot to go may rise on the chart!

• Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, Rihinvention said:

I keep seeing this quote being taken out of context.

When she's talking about stalking, harassment, being yelled at, unsolicited physical contact, etc. — she's actually highlighting red flags in DV relationships.

But people are acting like she said, "being rich and loved by millions is like being bashed by a man."

That's not what she's saying at all. I feel like it's unfair to take this quote out of context.

No, it's just a shitty comparison.

2 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

when i'm in a complaining-off and my opponent is chappel roan 

squidward-breaking-glass-when-the-oppone

the way I screamed :ahh::ahh:

Edited by Kern

it's so annoying to me because i listen to her every day but she's making it so hard by pissing me off like i legit see a new interview of her EVERY DAY on a major publication complaining about fame

like if it's that hard, just stop talking to the press, stop showing up to events and stop using social medias on your public accounts. just release your music and go, like what do you want us to say? :rip:

i understand that she hates all the downsides to it, but she can just leave the public eye and simply release music without overexposing herself??? why is it so hard??? i thought she had the best record deal in the modern music??? (her own words)

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.