Chappell Roan: "Fame is like an abusive ex-husband”

Lagerfeld

I will say what I said in the other threads. Doesn't this girl have a PR that can vet these questions and stop her saying the same spoiled brat things over and over? I actually think her rotten attitude is seeping out of stan twitter and ATRL into the GP and can do real damage to her brand. Fame is like an abusive husband! Don't call me by my real name! Screaming at photographers on the red carpet. Just stfu already, you're immensely privileged and lucky to be in this position, stop bitching and moaning about every single thing, jesus.

• Like 2

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrokenMachine

• freshoutthebuffet

• Kern

• bielneira

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, ToMmY said:

"I hate fame!"

*cancels small venue concert to go to a mainstream award show*

that's not true.

she cancelled her concerts to *practice* for the VMAs which were a week later.

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, Wonderland said:

Why is this giving me deja vu to Lorde's debut

Came to say this. 

Yes she's right about the weirdness of fans, yes she's also becoming extremely annoying about it, but controversy is good when you have the talent to back it up. She'll learn to shut up, put out some bops, and will be just fine.

Obviously, and in her defense, after her social media rant, journalists now probably always ask her on her stance on fame and she doesn't get that people are already tired of that talk while journalists keep on asking about it. Ms Thing, at this point stop talking about it, you made yourself clear. Talk about album #2 instead and keep it moving. You aren't that special my dear :-* 

Can everybody stop streaming her sh*t so she can finally shut the f*ck up and disappear like every one hit wonder there is

• Like 4

I think we need to stop asking her questions for a bit 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Arrows said:

I'm sorry but this is kinda insensitive to people who actually had abusive relationships..?

Right? Did she even have an abusive husband to speak like that? 

She sounds like someone who enjoys all the benefits of fame and fortune but is not strong enough to handle the downsides. I bet she talked excatly the same way about her fast food job LOL

Edited by Kern
  • Like 1

Nothing will make me hate her, it's okay she's sharing her REAL feelings about fame. As long as the music is great, I will be a fan. She's not scared to stand up for herself and tell uncomfortable things 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Oh this girl will not become a MPG with that attitude. 

She should take notes from Sabrina who's currently the biggest artist on the planet (next to her mother Taylor).

I think she'll flop hard with her next album. 

spacer.png

Edited by bjorn

:heart:

"I just got coffee with Lorde and Phoebe [Bridgers]," she says with a self-effacing grimace that indicates she knows how that sounds. "Tomorrow, I'm going over to see Lucy Dacus [of Bridgers' side project boygenius]."

She takes a breath. "I feel like fame is just abusive. The vibe of this – stalking, talking **** online, [people who] won't leave you alone, yelling at you in public – is the vibe of an abusive ex-husband. That's what it feels like. I didn't know it would feel this bad." While crying in the bathroom in the airport, she texted Lorde for advice. "She sent me a list of things I should do [in that situation]," Chappell says. "Literally wrote down eight things she wished someone would have told her when she was going through it. And she went through ******* hell. She was a baby!"

• Haha 2

Fame isn't like having an abusive husband, having an abusive husband is like having an abusive husband!

• Like 8

She feels like Lorde, but Lorde rebelling was cute cause she wasn´t a popstar, she was 15 and teenagers are supposed to be like that. 

Roan just come across as an extremelly annoying grown woman acting like a pick me girl instead of a popstar. Is not even that she´s fully wrong, but it feels like she has nothing else to say, she´s always complaining about everything in a highly monotematic approach. 

Girl the music is not that good to act like you´re the person that suffers the most on the planet right now and that´s it. She will disappear fast if she doesn´t pull herself together.

• Like 4

in this case i wish her to flop?

worst of luck, babe; every thing is gonna happen to you

19597_original.gif

• Haha 5

Then stop being famous. You can be an artist singing in the local bar, nonrecord deal, busking on the streets if that's your passion but find a 8-5 job and be happier.

• Like 1

She's got some points

IMG_8382.thumb.gif.93d07edf1859896b05a18

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.