"We Can't Stop" hits 1 billion streams on Spotify

laqqinq

The lead single to Miley Cyrus's fifth album 'Bangerz' has now surpassed 1 BILLION streams on Spotify.

This is her 3rd song to hit the mark, the 1st from 'Bangerz', and her 3rd most streamed song on Spotify now.

1. "Flowers" - 2.196B 

2. "Party in the U.S.A." - 1.689B

3. "We Can't Stop" - 1B

- next songs to hit 1B -

4. "Angels Like You" - 998M

5. "Nothing Breaks Like a Heart" (Mark Ronson ft. Miley Cyrus) - 989M

6. "Wrecking Ball" - 969M

• Like 6

Random stat

PITUSA is 1B+ on Spotify and YouTube and certified 14x Platinum

Apparently, according to chart analysts and fan pages (could be true or not), WCS and WB are eligible for Diamond and Flowers is almost Diamond (9x Plat).

WCS is 1B on Spotify and less than 15M away from 1B on YouTube. WB is 1.2B+ on YouTube and 30M streams away from 1B on Spotify. Flowers is almost 2.2B on Spotify and almost 140M away from 1B on YouTube.

Just quite cool/impressive that these 3 hits are diamond or eligible, and 1B+ (or almost) on Spotify and YouTube. Like a hat-trick of stats.

Edited by laqqinq
  • Like 1

:clap3:from her second best album. We love to see it.

Do you guys remember when this came out and people were disappointed it was a slow song and not a fast bop? And the flashy video was seen as so fresh at the time.

tumblr_md8dd5BLfJ1rwna68.gif

• Haha 1

An absolute classic, so many sentimental memories to this one over the years :chick3:

• Like 1

One for each decade she's been active in oh wow :clap3:

00s - Party in The USA

10s - We Can't Stop

20s - Flowers 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Broken said:

4. "Angels Like You" - 998M

WAIT. WHAT? :bloo:

It had already gathered somewhere around or over 300M-350M streams before Flowers. Then in 2023 (not sure if it was a Flowers effect or not) ALY went viral on TikTok in many Asian countries and the Halftime TikTok Tailgate performance too, and eventually had a streaming renaissance. It peaked at #19 on Global Spotify and did many days with 1.5-2M+. Also was on BB Global 200 yearend chart 2023. It also re-entered the chart a few times this year.

It never charted on BB Hot 100.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Damn, she got EVERYONE on a chokehold during 2013 for real. This one, by the way, still is the best pop song of that year.

Underrated how this unconventional party song evokes joy and nostalgia at the same way, without referring to it lyrically.

I love We Can't Stop and it's deserving but it's also the most autoplayed song on my streaming. Basically whatever pop girl song I click to listen to, if I'm not on a playlist then this song comes on right after. 

It's crazy how she's about to have 4 songs with 1 billion from 4 different eras (or 5 if you consider NBLAH a different era)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, laqqinq said:

Random stat

PITUSA is 1B+ on Spotify and YouTube and certified 14x Platinum

Apparently, according to chart analysts and fan pages (could be true or not), WCS and WB are eligible for Diamond and Flowers is almost Diamond (9x Plat).

WCS is 1B on Spotify and less than 15M away from 1B on YouTube. WB is 1.2B+ on YouTube and 30M streams away from 1B on Spotify. Flowers is almost 2.2B on Spotify and almost 140M away from 1B on YouTube.

Just quite cool/impressive that these 3 hits are diamond or eligible, and 1B+ (or almost) on Spotify and YouTube. Like a hat-trick of stats.

We Can't Stop has 1.2 billion on YouTube according to the YouTube music app

It's honestly my Most Favorite Female Hit from 2013

1. We Can't Stop

2. Applause

3. Drunk In Love

4. Just Give Me A Reason

5. Unconditionally

6. Do What U Want

7. Roar

8. Wrecking Ball (it's cringey now)

18 hours ago, Shinkirou said:

We Can't Stop has 1.2 billion on YouTube according to the YouTube music app

Must be like just the song on YouTube Music then? I was referring to the music video published by Vevo to Miley's channel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.