Chappell Roan serves Allie X in new shoot

NoOneDiesFromLove

OU-

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, piotrert said:

she is saying same **** in all those interviews she is putting out twice a week

:rip:

:heart:

"I just got coffee with Lorde and Phoebe [Bridgers]," she says with a self-effacing grimace that indicates she knows how that sounds. "Tomorrow, I'm going over to see Lucy Dacus [of Bridgers' side project boygenius]."

She takes a breath. "I feel like fame is just abusive. The vibe of this – stalking, talking **** online, [people who] won't leave you alone, yelling at you in public – is the vibe of an abusive ex-husband. That's what it feels like. I didn't know it would feel this bad." While crying in the bathroom in the airport, she texted Lorde for advice. "She sent me a list of things I should do [in that situation]," Chappell says. "Literally wrote down eight things she wished someone would have told her when she was going through it. And she went through ******* hell. She was a baby!"

• Like 2

Yall are gonna marina this lady and I will not let that happen :khalyan2:

I completely support her view and I wish more pop girls spoke out about this. But she probably doesn't need to do the same spiel in every interview, it's becoming her brand which isn't ideal...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On one hand I'm like, "ok, we get it…" — but on the other, she's not the one asking the interview questions.

I think the world getting to know her personality and hot takes is the next step into breaking into superstardom. Funnily enough, so is having haters and pissing people off. People have opinions about her. That's better than no one knowing her. 

These headlines get clicks and just prove that she's becoming a household name. Every year, hundreds of artists release great, critically-acclaimed albums and no one knows about it because no one knows them.

Ironically, Allie X is a great example of this.

Yeah, it's getting repetitive, but like…people are talking about her…a lot.

Edited by Rihinvention
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Rihinvention said:

On one hand I'm like, "ok, we get it…" — but on the other, she's not the one asking the interview questions.

Many times questions are pre-approved by management or there are certain topics which they want them to talk about.

That is why many celebrities are talking about same things in different shows.

This beach doesn't have a single original bone in her body. Her real name is Kayleigh Smith, not "Chappell Roan," and she has no artistic identity of her own.  She was raised by MAGA Republicans (whose opinions she still supports through silent complicity) and she grew up listening to Christian rock and country music.  Her whole shtick is ripping off Allie X and MARINA (both sonically and aesthetically) while giving them zero credit for it, all under the guise of being a "feminist."  She deliberately and strategically incorporates elements of drag culture into her aesthetic, in order to gain a cult following of dimwitted, bootlicking gays who will eat up every little turd she releases, and apparently it's worked in her favor, as her career is really starting to take off.  The gag is she literally hates those very same gays she tried to win over in the first place, because she's a rude, abrasive person with zero decorum and appreciation for the very people who put her in the privileged position she's in currently. There are thousands of other female artists who would kill to be in her position, yet here "Kayleigh" is behaving like a spoiled little brat, being ungrateful at every opportunity that's come her way. Please stream Allie X and MARINA and support your local drag community instead of lining the pockets of this conniving, unoriginal hack.

• Haha 9
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

17 minutes ago, Bitter Aging Twink said:

This beach doesn't have a single original bone in her body. Her real name is Kayleigh Smith, not "Chappell Roan," and she has no artistic identity of her own.  She was raised by MAGA Republicans (whose opinions she still supports through silent complicity) and she grew up listening to Christian rock and country music.  Her whole shtick is ripping off Allie X and MARINA (both sonically and aesthetically) while giving them zero credit for it, all under the guise of being a "feminist."  She deliberately and strategically incorporates elements of drag culture into her aesthetic, in order to gain a cult following of dimwitted, bootlicking gays who will eat up every little turd she releases, and apparently it's worked in her favor, as her career is really starting to take off.  The gag is she literally hates those very same gays she tried to win over in the first place, because she's a rude, abrasive person with zero decorum and appreciation for the very people who put her in the privileged position she's in currently. There are thousands of other female artists who would kill to be in her position, yet here "Kayleigh" is behaving like a spoiled little brat, being ungrateful at every opportunity that's come her way. Please stream Allie X and MARINA and support your local drag community instead of lining the pockets of this conniving, unoriginal hack.

The name

The profile pic

This essay

:rip:

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Bitter Aging Twink said:

She really makes you angry. :gaycat7:

47 minutes ago, Bitter Aging Twink said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Allie X you will always be famous! Chappell could get as cool as Allie one day perhaps, I just mean I wish the music was as interesting as the looks imply like it does w/ Allie. I liked Chappell before she blew up. She's got a great ear for pop melodies, can write catchy lyrics & said she was listening to Gaga while working on new stuff so I'm guessing the next album will be intriguing

1 hour ago, Bitter Aging Twink said:

I- :skull:

the mental gymnastics they do to drag Chappell Roan, i can't:ahh:

I actually have a sympathetic understanding of what she's saying and the argument that "she's not the one asking the questions" is fair sure. But I will say she does have the option to spin the rhetoric of how the question is being asked though so she's not always quoted giving the same anti-fame answer on yet another magazine interview that is going to be circulated around Twitter for the next 7 days until the next one comes out. She's inadvertently allowing media publications, even smaller and more alt-adjacent ones that would be of pertinence to her side of the argument, to conscript her to this perception she's bratty or ungrateful for what she's got. I have the upmost respect for her speaking up on the matter and she has every right to feel the way she does, but I don't think there's been any published quote of her speaking on the matter that's read as good.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.