• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• ariananext

• Solaria

• Matchatea

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor was the first person that came to the OP's mind because that's how he feels :celestial5:

Edit: Wait. Just clocked the OP being a Hive member. Keep being messy, sweetie!

spacer.png

Edited by JonginBey
  • Haha 1

I don't think this is necessarily about Taylor. It's odd, though, to share a perspective like this in a year culturally dominated by a starkly confessional album like Brat that has definitely been misinterpreted as "calling out" or being "at the expense of" the fellow artists confirmed or suspected to be the subjects of some of its tracks. Maybe the way she phrased it with the "clickbait" comment could just have been worded better to clarify that she simply personally chooses to keep certain things private as her own artistic choice.

Maybe artists should take a few notes from Taylor instead.

Edited by Strawberry Bubble

1 hour ago, Feanor said:

"Personal" isn't just about who you're dating or who your exes are tho. Beyoncé's music is also personal cause you know exactly that her music could only come from her and/or is specific to her life experiences or POVs. Personal does not just equal relatable.

Anderson Cooper himself says in that interview that Dua's songs don't have a "sense of who you are" and that's kind of true. Compared to the veteran pop icons, and even most of the newer pop girls, Dua's music lacks personality or a unique identity where you could go "Ah, this is definitely a Dua Lipa song" or "this song is very Dua Lipa-ish". :lakitu:

Dua basically took all the good songs from Katy Perry and left her with Woman's World:bloo:

this is not only about taylor,, taylor & friends..... but still, the whole ttpd album about matty healy is:bibliahh:

It's not for everyone and I'm glad she knows she can create great art without directly signaling to who she's talking about. Great music is universal.

• Thanks 1

She's not shading anyone. She's just stating her point of view about music. 

Also Taylor is not the only artist who talks about her personal life through music.

• Thanks 1

I think she still has PTSD from Taylor winning over FN with Folklore and probably resent how Taylor is taken more serious as an artist because of the diaristic songwriting. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Love Dua but this is such a silly, stan Twitter argument for her to entertain. Some artists are more personable and others are not. Who cares??

She needs to focus on fixing her lack of identity. 

1 hour ago, tiagol88 said:

Talking about having no persona in a Taylor Swift topic is something :rip:

Saying Taylor of all people have no personality... in a thread where people making it about her when Dua didn't even namedrop her... is crazy

5dc04ce00c33a000081b8649-Image-from-i-OS

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EndofASadMovie said:

I think she still has PTSD from Taylor winning over FN with Folklore and probably resent how Taylor is taken more serious as an artist because of the diaristic songwriting. 

I don't think Dua is crying at home about losing to Taylor… let's be for real now……. 

• Like 1

I think she means that timeless music is more universal and even relatable compared to the music where you single out people to create conversations, which is true. This could apply to anyone, not just taylor swift.

• Like 1

The way that quote makes it seem like she was being this shady diva while if you watch Dua say that on camera, it had no ill intentions behind 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dear Reader said:

You guys don't go ONE day without pitting two women against each other… it's sick.

Oh they have!…

Spoiler

but ATRL wasn't working that day.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Matchatea said:

I don't think Dua is crying at home about losing to Taylor… let's be for real now……. 

We're talking about album of the eyar. Bffr

If she doesn't care about not winning album of the year then she wouldn't be talking all this nonsense. She definitely cares and It was visible on camera that she was feeling upset when she lost. I don't blame her for feeling that way but let's be real now

• Thumbs Down 6

Just now, EndofASadMovie said:

We're talking about album of the eyar. Bffr

If she doesn't care about not winning album of the year then she wouldn't be talking all this nonsense. She definitely cares and It was visible on camera that she was feeling upset when she lost. I don't blame her for feeling that way but let's be real now

I mean she probably was upset she lost, which is a natural reaction, but I doubt Dua has it out for blondie… :deadbanana4: they are both talented and in the past talked kindly about each other. I don't think Dua was shading anyone or trying to, she just wants to make music, vacation and working on her ice cream brand!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matchatea said:

I mean she probably was upset she lost, which is a natural reaction, but I doubt Dua has it out for blondie… :deadbanana4: they are both talented and in the past talked kindly about each other. I don't think Dua was shading anyone or trying to, she just wants to make music, vacation and working on her ice cream brand!

Girl not once did I imply Dua is losing sleep and crying over this. But it definitely did something to her brain and made her more defensive more about her art. She seems a bit upset at confessional songwriting being taken more serious than radio pop hits and that moment was probably what made her say this. 

If she's secure in herself and her art, she wouldn't be taking shots at confessional songwriting. There is a reason she collaborated with Kevin Parker. She wants to be taken seriously as an artist but making comments like this isn't the way to go

• Thumbs Down 1

Even though she didn't mention Taylor the whole "putting someone on blast" and clickbait comment is a very if-the-shoe-fits moment and I support the calling out of exploitative artist tactics.

5dc04ce00c33a000081b8649-Image-from-i-OS

That said she doesn't have to go the Taylor route to make personal and relatable music. Artists have been able to do these things without easter eggs/hints since forever. She just clearly doesn't have the ability to do it, or just doesn't want to. Unfortunately for her though every long-lasting pop star has the ability to do this so if her team is still trying to make her the Gen Z Madonna, they've blown it because even Madonna, Gaga, and Rihanna who've all made their careers of big bombastic pop music have also had equally as big of hits with vulnerable songs that gave a glimpse into who they are. She completely lacks that and it has clearly hurt her career.

OK? If that's not her style so be it but she don't need to judge other people as if they are wrong and she's right. She's being a bit of a moralist here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.