H100: A Bar Song (Tipsy) 10x #1

Renan90

Sabrina-Carpenter-cr-Bryce-Anderson-2024

Sabrina Carpenter's 'Short n' Sweet' Spends Third Week at No. 1 on Billboard 200

Plus: David Gilmour scores third solo top 10 album with the debut of Luck and Strange.

Sabrina Carpenter's Short n' Sweet scores a third consecutive week at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart (dated Sept. 21), becoming the second album to spend its first three weeks atop the list in 2023. Only Taylor Swift's The Tortured Poets Department also spent its first three frames atop the list in 2024, of its total 15 nonconsecutive weeks at No. 1.

Short n' Sweet earned 117,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. in the week ending Sept. 12 (down 25%), according to Luminate — largely driven by streaming activity of the album's 12 songs.

Also in the top 10 of the Billboard 200, David Gilmour achieves his third solo top 10 album, as his first studio effort in nine years, Luck and Strange, bows at No. 10.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units, compiled by Luminate. Units comprise album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). Each unit equals one album sale, or 10 individual tracks sold from an album, or 3,750 ad-supported or 1,250 paid/subscription on-demand official audio and video streams generated by songs from an album. The new Sept. 21, 2024-dated chart will be posted in full on Billboard's website on Tuesday (Sept. 17). For all chart news, follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both X, formerly known as Twitter, and Instagram.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/sabrina-carpenter-short-n-sweet-third-week-number-one-billboard-200-chart-1235775641/

9801-Shaboozey-press-Credit-Daniel-Prako

Shaboozey's 'A Bar Song (Tipsy)' Scores Milestone 10th Week at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100

Shaboozey's "A Bar Song (Tipsy)" claims a 10th week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. It extends 2024's longest Hot 100 rule and becomes one of 45 No. 1s in the chart's 66-year history to post double-digit weeks on top – a feat that only 4% of all leaders have achieved.

The hit, which became the singer-songwriter's first Hot 100 No. 1 in July, is the seventh to reign for 10 or more weeks this decade. It's the first to reach the milestone since another country/pop crossover smash, Morgan Wallen's "Last Night," which led for 16 weeks in March-August 2023.

"A Bar Song (Tipsy)" also furthers the longest No. 1 run on the multimetric Hot Country Songs chart this year, adding a 14th week at the summit.

The Hot 100 blends all-genre U.S. streaming (official audio and official video), radio airplay and sales data, the lattermost metric reflecting purchases of physical singles and digital tracks from full-service digital music retailers; digital singles sales from direct-to-consumer (D2C) sites are excluded from chart calculations. All charts (dated Sept. 21, 2024) will update on Billboard.com tomorrow, Sept. 17). For all chart news, you can follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both X, formerly known as Twitter, and Instagram.

https://www.billboard.com/lists/shaboozey-a-bar-song-tipsy-10th-week-number-one-hot-100/

Edited by Renan90

The very demure very mindful sex kitten look for this era is so good. Subtle but fantastic styling and all the photos look great. She has IT girl energy.

• Like 7

congrats to Sabrina :clap3:

Have her old albums gain something too or is only this one doing numbers? 

• ATRL Moderator

STOMP N STOMP :wanda:

streaming-era, female albums with 3+ weeks on top

beyonce [3 Grammy wins]

taylor [AOTY]

adele [AOTY]

taylor [previous album was AOTY]

Gaga (with Bradley)  [4 wins]

Billie [AOTY]

Taylor [AOTY]

Taylor [previous album was AOTY]

Olivia [3 wins]

Billie [previous album was AOTY]

Adele [1 win; previous album was AOTY]

Taylor [AOTY]

Sza [3 wins]

Taylor rerelease, Taylor [previous album was AOTY]

Pop Album Winner Short N Sweet

'TTPD' up to over 5.6M units and still selling 50k weekly, with the tour & holiday season returning soon too. :clap3:

17 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

beyonce [3 Grammy wins]

taylor [AOTY]

adele [AOTY]

Billie [AOTY]

Taylor [AOTY]

Olivia [3 wins]

Taylor [AOTY]

Sza [3 wins]

I would be shocked if Sabrina went home empty handed for the Grammys

21 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

beyonce [3 Grammy wins]

taylor [AOTY]

adele [AOTY]

Billie [AOTY]

Taylor [AOTY]

Olivia [3 wins]

Taylor [AOTY]

Sza [3 wins]

they did dirty to sza and gaga...

brat can snatch that multiweek #1 with remix album then aoty win tho :foxaylove2:

Is she likely to get a 4th week too? I don't think anyone big released this week. Such strong numbers

4 hours ago, Feanor said:

'TTPD' up to over 5.6M units and still selling 50k weekly, with the tour & holiday season returning soon too. :clap3:

queen will be killing it this holiday season

She can join fellow Gen Z trinity members Billie and Olivia with a best pop vocal win for her debut. :psych:

A Bar Song makes it 10 weeks at #1 on the Hot 100: 

The fact that the last time stayed so long atop was "Last Night", country really ain't slowing down, the biggest crossover success it's been ever had. And sure, I am absolutely over ABS(T) but the metrics are hell strong, this is not some sort of payola'd hit or something, I mean:

#2 Streaming (29.3M)

#1 Radio (76.8M)

#1 Sales (10k)

There's no bigger song right now, unfourtanely.

I wonder how long PPP can stay top 10. radio's started to drop it.

(while espresso gained some spins today)

2 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

I wonder how long PPP can stay top 10. radio's started to drop it.

(while espresso gained some spins today)

Pop radio is but it is gaining at Hot AC and AC.

HOT AC

13     11      SABRINA CARPENTER     Please Please Please     3224     2707     517     11.012

AC

53     33   SABRINA CARPENTER     Please Please Please     14     4     10     0.025

Weeks in Top 10

35: Lose Control

21: Espresso

20: A Bar Song (Tipsy)

19: Not Like Us

18: I Had Some Help

14: Please Please Please

10: BIRDS OF A FEATHER

9: Good Luck, Babe!

4: Die With a Smile

3: Taste

How is Lose Control still top ten? :rip: Beautiful Things and Too Sweet deserved.

While I'm super tired of A Bar Song and IHSH, they are really strong songs right now.

I wish Birds of a Feather and Good Luck babe can challenge the top soon, or hopefully new release/s could rock the top ten!!!

I love the big swings in the top ten earlier this year (Taylor, Ariana, Beyonce, Kendrick, Post, Sabrina, Benson, Teddy, Hozier...) and I wish we could have a part 2 post-summer.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.