• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• Assassin

• 4th Time Around

• Doctor Dick

It's the fact that it's a musical. Incels don't wanna watch ******* joker musicals 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

that's because she is also a musician, she can't be making movies every single year. she also doesn't need to prove anything with the success of her movies, the only thing that matters is that her performances get acclaimed every single time which is her contribution to these projects, she's not the screenwriter nor the director nor the studio behind them to be worrying about box office numbers or how the script/direction is received. 

film fans, critics, GP have all accepted Gaga as a skilled actress. she will keep getting booked, she picks characters that she feels passionate about and gives her all every single time, she gets rave reviews for her performances, this is what matters to an ACTRESS of a movie. the rest are not her marks to meet and it is baffling to expect that from one actress in a cast. those are misplaced expectations. 

she meets the marks for her performances which is all that she is responsible for. how can she do anything about box office numbers or how the rest are received?

I don't disagree with you, I'm just offering an explanation as to why the expectations are so high for her. I don't think this movie will, by any means, damage her star power or ability to get booked in future roles. However, to act like commercial success doesn't influence casting agents is also a bit naive - the whole idea behind the 'movie star' moniker is the idea that one performer has the draw to bring in audience members to see the film (and there are plenty of bad actresses who get huge roles based on name/star power alone). 

Regardless of how JFAD performs, Gaga will be fine and I have no idea why people are losing their minds over its projected opening numbers. But this is also ATRL where nuance and critical thinking are rare to come by (and I say that for both OGHs and LMs). Anyone thinking that a courtroom drama musical would appeal to anyone besides its core target demographic is delusional. It's also disingenuous to compare a decline to the first Joker movie which is a completely different genre. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, R.E.M. said:

I don't disagree with you, I'm just offering an explanation as to why the expectations are so high for her. I don't think this movie will, by any means, damage her star power or ability to get booked in future roles. However, to act like commercial success doesn't influence casting agents is also a bit naive - the whole idea behind the 'movie star' moniker is the idea that one performer has the draw to bring in audience members to see the film (and there are plenty of bad actresses who get huge roles based on name/star power alone). 

Regardless of how JFAD performs, Gaga will be fine and I have no idea why people are losing their minds over its projected opening numbers. But this is also ATRL where nuance and critical thinking are rare to come by (and I say that for both OGHs and LMs). Anyone thinking that a courtroom drama musical would appeal to anyone besides its core target demographic is delusional. It's also disingenuous to compare a decline to the first Joker movie which is a completely different genre. 

i am actually shocked that there are intellectual people on ATRL, the OGHs been too loud in the last few days it was getting a bit too low IQ around here but you corrected that a bit sister. miss ga continues having a successful acting and music career while OGHs are still crying and scrambling over cover projects and things that are not her fault or responsibility. the way my faves have actual demand, talent, success and respect while others have none of these... i'd be fuming too.

tumblr_66097995e3199a688129f9bcdf558a3f_9aaa1a46_400.thumb.gif.c54ec39c80db49041547945a099f672a.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I will say that suggesting the movie isn't tracking well because Gaga isn't in it enough and not because it was an ill conceived idea that completely misjudged its audience from the very beginning has to be the most insane copium I've ever seen on this board. The origin story of Joker was finished so there was no need for this film, not to mention that its writer/director isn't talented enough to come up with an original story himself without ripping off Taxi Driver. In addition to that, trying to sell a musical starring Lady Gaga to all the incel comic book nerds that have a meltdown whenever a movie features a character that isn't a straight, white male was a disaster waiting to happen. The movie isn't tanking because Lady Gaga isn't in it enough, it's tanking because they put her in it in the first place.

But I hate those incels so by all means, take their favorite stuff away from them.

• Like 9

The incel men who flocked to see the first Joker have no interest in watching a musical. This is all on Todd Phillips and WB for being dumb enough to not recognize that.

If anything Gaga is probably saving this film from debuting even lower. 

its a musical and they lied about it while marketing the film which turned off critics which then amplified the distaste for the movie even more. They you also lose the excitement of Gaga's very big and loyal fan base by knowing she is only 50 minutes in the movie and u have yourself a recipe for disappointing figures. Incels dont win, monsters dont win, critics dont like it and the GP is tired / burnt out from musicals

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

They you also lose the excitement of Gaga's very big and loyal fan base

Oh? Where were these fans when Harlequin was released?

• Haha 5

Gaga is the movie because it's a musical

Incels who loved the first movie are not watching because it's a musical

It's that simple

wait is it actually a full-on musical? how much do they sing in it?

i wanna see it because i liked the first one and obviously there's Gaga but i can't stand musicals tbh :rip:

11 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

"it's flopping because Gaga is not in the movie enough"

Meanwhile the first movie made 1B$ with 0 Gaga in it. Make it make sense

:dies:

Joker 1's incel stans lose and Gaga doesn't gain any new incel stans

I say this is a W

18 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

Wait :deadbanana:

How will she bounce back from this embarrassment? Even though she wants to move on fast by releasing more music next month, she will forever be associated with this mess. This is her Glitter. Poor Flopga.

• Haha 3

Gaga + theatrical-release motion picture = nuclear bomb. Trust the science!

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

:bibliahh:

My fwb really wants to see this but it's smelling like a messy flop. Oui… 

1 hour ago, OrgVisual said:

:clap3: MTE. They're trying to blame Joaquin and Todd, but both were attached to the first movie. :rip:

Nobody goes into theaters with "this actor is in % of this movie" in mind. :rip: 

It's bombing bc it's a musical and ain't nobody like those. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Weld_E said:

Oh? Where were these fans when Harlequin was released?

Where were Beyoncé's when The Gift was released? 

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.