Shōgun Shatters Game of Thrones Emmy Record, 18 Wins

Achilles.

Game of Thrones has held the record for most Emmy wins in a single season for nearly decade, picking up 12 statues for season 5—and then tying that record with season 6, and then again with season 8.

But the Creative Arts Emmys happened this weekend, and Shōgun cleaned house. Say goodbye and good riddance to Game of Thrones's biggest Emmy record!

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bqvwkmh4uoc0u2l42qbk

Spoiler

1. Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama: Nestor Carbonell

2. Outstanding Casting in a Drama

3. Outstanding Period Costumes

4. Outstanding Period Hairstyling

5. Outstanding Main Title Design

6. Outstanding Period Makeup Design

7. Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup

8. Outstanding Picture Editing in a Drama

9. Outstanding Production Design in a Period Series

10. Outstanding Special Visual Effects

11. Outstanding Stunt Performance

12. Outstanding Sound Editing

13. Outstanding Sound Mixing

14. Outstanding Cinematography

And the best part is… Shōgun now holds the record for most wins in a single season before the main Emmys program

has even happened! The show has the potential to win several more awards next Sunday, where it is competing in 6 categories (Drama Series, Lead Actor, Lead Actress, Supporting Actor, Drama Writing, and Drama Directing) and favored to win… all of them, potentially setting the show up for an utterly historic and potentially unmatchable 20 wins.  

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952e7bo300hn81h1i06pw

Edited by Achilles.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Sugar-Rush said:

The fact that Shogun season 1 is the equivalent of GOT's worst seasons isn't quite the W you think it is. :toofunny3:

I don't understand what's your point? This is about awards, if we wanna talk about quality let's compare GoT's S8 RT score of 55% while Shogun has 99% :sorry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

I tried watching the 1st episode but I was so bored. should I force myself to watch the rest of it? does it get better as it goes on? 

4 minutes ago, Rino said:

I tried watching the 1st episode but I was so bored. should I force myself to watch the rest of it? does it get better as it goes on? 

Yes and yes

Deserved :clap3: 

• Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Rino said:

I had the same issue, but after episode 1, I was HOOKED.

• Thanks 5

Shogun was kinda boring in the middle - I loved the first 3 episodes never cared for the rest. May have to rewatch 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XAMJ said:

Shogun was kinda boring in the middle - I loved the first 3 episodes never cared for the rest. May have to rewatch 

Episode 9 is tremendous; if you haven't gotten there you should absolutely revisit and complete the series!

WELL DESERVED!!!

I need to finish the rest of the season. The first episode was amazing. I'm happy it's getting so much acclaim because it's deserved. 

3 hours ago, Venice B said:

I don't understand what's your point? This is about awards, if we wanna talk about quality let's compare GoT's S8 RT score of 55% while Shogun has 99% :sorry:

The comment getting hidden is sending me lmao :ahh: 

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

Talent won! Truly one of the best shows I've seen in years. Very happy for their success.

This show has been in my watchlist for so long! 

Lemme start watching it today! 

so so well deserved :clap3: one of the best new series i watched in a very long time

still mad none of the amazing supporting actresses got a nom

• Like 1

SO DESERVED! I hope the girls sweep on the main show

The story is decent but I couldn't onboard with having a white man as a lead in a primary asian project. Congrats nonetheless

I'm still mad they killed Mariko like that. Is there a new season on the horizon?

Tonight it won:

DRAMA SERIES

LEAD ACTRESS

LEAD ACTOR

DIRECTING

For a historic total of 18 wins!

Tonight it won:

DRAMA SERIES

LEAD ACTRESS

LEAD ACTOR

DIRECTING

For a historic total of 18 wins!

Iconic. Let's hope season 2 delivers. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.