• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teen Spirit

• PoisonedIvy

• MissedTheTrain

• Into The Void

Just now, More Than A Melody said:

"You are very upset" perhaps because her silence and actions surrounding this have personal consequences for me and my loved ones (and I presume for a lot of other people in this thread). If Trump were to win, it wouldn't be because of this, like, that goes without saying. But it's going to be a close election. Kamala has been saying that every single time she speaks. Every vote counts. And if one of the most influential people on the planet refuses to take a stance in any way and embraces someone personally shouted out by the guy who wants to make my life and my family's life a living hell, then I am going to be very upset, I'm so sorry it hurts your stan feelings.

I hope you're less upset when Taylor endorses Kamala once it's safe to do so, but I also hope you don't genuinely think that a silly little pop star is going to influence the vote. Her fans are cultish but they're not going to flip from Trump to Kamala or vice versa just because she speaks up on who -her- values align with.

And fyi, I'm black, Latino, and gay. I hate Trump and his ideals just as much as the rest of you do. But that's who my hatred is directed at: him and his supporters. Not the people who have made it clear that they don't support Trump. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

The only thing this thread proves to me is the EXACT kind of people anyone with morals or a brain should avoid. Trump has quite literally made his voice clear in his dislike and downright HATE for women, POC, LGBTQ+ people, etc. He has GIVEN A RULEBOOK on how he plans to reverse all of the rights related to those groups and his supporters make themselves loud and known in agreeance. Keep your eyes open, that's all I ask, because when this hits you IN REAL LIFE, Taylor Swift cannot save you from the homophobe who will beat your ass outside of the school parking lot, she WILL NOT be there to help you when your best friends cannot be gay married or visit one another in the hospital, and she WONT be there when you need an abortion for whatever reason.

You better use your ******* brain and wake up before your rights are a thing of the past.

Edited by satellites.™
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It's not serious. I promise. Some of y'all need to go outside and touch grass. 

1 minute ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Agreed! And just like all that CRAP with Matty Healy last year blew over, so too will this pile of turd. :sorry: Taylor will remain a democrat with liberal values and leftist ideologies, she will likely endorse Kamala, and yet she will still remain cordial with the spouse of her boyfriend's coworker. And you can either stay upset at it or you can make peace with the fact that people can be polite and cordial with people who have differing political opinions — even if they are extremists (which I doubt Brittany is, she's probably just ignorant and privileged.) 

I have literally no expectations that this is gonna affect her at all. My reaction in this thread is because I'm Chilean and half my life is in the US, including a lot of family members. And Trump wants all of us deported.

But hey, it won't affect Taylor, so why are you even bothering in this thread? If it'll blow over?

I don't care about that lady's beliefs. She can have Kamala's name tattooed on her ass for all I care. She can just not be polite and cordial to someone who got shouted out by the person who wants me and my family erased. Thank you!

Y'all all be having Trumpers as family members is interesting.

Anyway, lmk when a Pop girl backs Jill Stein. Someone actually against genocide.

• Thanks 1

I'd be able to take Swifties a lot more seriously if they hadn't spent the last 3 years coping with Morgan Wallen's chart success by attributing it all to MAGAs. 

This what you get. Her streaming numbers bout to double, right? Right?

• Haha 3

i'm seeing so many viral hate tweets about this wow, literally my tl is filled which led me to open atrl to see what happened

People should stop putting all of their faith and beliefs in these millionaires, they don't care about people like us and never will be directly involved in the genocide or whatever Trump is planning to do.

If Taylor wants an abortion she will get one cause people like her are above the law. They live in a different reality.

The fast you accept there are no good people in this industry the better. :coffee2:

Edited by Totami Legend
  • Like 4

11 pages... i know some of you need to create drama to enjoy your lives and probably sucked off a few "discreet" trumpets while writing essays here but please start worrying about real issues in the world instead of whatever this is

Edited by RideOrDie
  • Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

The whole argument about her giving a cordial hug aside (which I know some of you know you're doing way too much about), this is the last I'm going to say on the topic of Taylor being silent this election cycle.  Sure, it would be great if she spoke out.  But I also completely understand why she's scared to.  

I'm asking some of you to just for a second, put yourself in her shoes.....you're at a level of fame nobody has seen in decades. You have hordes of people waiting for you outside of every building you go to, camping out outside your friends' weddings that you attend, camping outside of your home, your workplace, etc.  You have to carry bullet wound dressing with you wherever you go.  You have had several instances of people breaking into your home/sleeping in your bed, just to name a few.  You're currently touring the world one one of the biggest tours ever, and you just had a huge scare....a mass casualty terrorist attack was planned to take place at one of your shows, where tens of thousands of people who were coming to your show would've been killed.  It was found out hours before the show and narrowly avoided.  This happened within a week of children being stabbed to death at a dance class that was themed/celebrating you.

All of that considered, feeling a responsibility of millions of people's safety (and already having some very real examples of deaths occurring at events related to you), in a world where people are being shot in public more often than ever....I would absolutely be scared to say or do anything that could set anyone off and get people killed.  There are crazy people out there and we've seen some very real examples (this summer alone) of that.  So yeah, while she's still hosting huge events of tens of thousands of people at a time, I totally get why she's not risking anybody's safety.  Not even just about politics, but almost anything....she's been silent about everything this year that isn't related to her own career (which is to be an artist).  It took her a long time to break her silence politically, and she thankfully did for a while.  She's made it clear what she stands for and tried to start making a difference.  But her career has launched to another stratosphere since then, and the world has gotten even crazier.  For the near future, I get it.

(And all of that aside....I think people are overestimating the need for her to say something. The world is divided (and this thread shows that some people want it to be even more divided), and people aren't going to change their opinions.  She was still huge in 2018, and the candidate she campaigned for lost.  And before that, the whole celebrity aspect of the 2016 Presidential election was not helpful in the slightest, and might have actually harmed Hillary's campaign.)

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

10 pages over a HUG :suburban: ATRL's vicious cycle of grasping for straws to villainize her, get proven wrong and quickly jump on the next little thing continues.

A good bunch of these pages are swifties gaslighting just like this, making it about ATRL going against innocent Taylor with their "she's so big everyone's obsessed" narrative when many of them spend the day grasping at straws finding easter eggs and hidden messages, but conveniently turn a blind eye and she's not a calculated person anymore :deadbanana:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

I hope you're less upset when Taylor endorses Kamala once it's safe to do so, but I also hope you don't genuinely think that a silly little pop star is going to influence the vote. Her fans are cultish but they're not going to flip from Trump to Kamala or vice versa just because she speaks up on who -her- values align with.

And fyi, I'm black, Latino, and gay. I hate Trump and his ideals just as much as the rest of you do. But that's who my hatred is directed at: him and his supporters. Not the people who have made it clear that they don't support Trump. 

People are voting and registering to vote right now. She can't flip the vote, but "Swifties for Kamala" raised $144,000. She has an influence. Her actions and her non-actions can and will affect this election. And it can be something I'm upset about. And you'll have to cope.

Your personal identity just tells me you care more about people not saying mean things about that lady than anything else, and that's just sad. Because why are you arguing with people rightfully upset? You said yourself it won't affect her. So why are you policing random strangers?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

I'm not acting like this at all. Where did you even get this? LMAO. The things y'all tell yourselves to cope with your own cognitive dissonance.

I don't think she orchestrated anything. I just think she could've not hugged her. That's all.

Let's play this forward. Brittany goes in for the hug, and Taylor dodges with a handshake or whatever. Okay, crisis averted - except that opens several more cans of worms in its place. Lets assume Brittany gets offended by Taylor, a woman with whom she's previously been friendly and cordial, publicly embarrassing her like that (and lets be clear, that dodge would be a far greater story than this hug is turning out to be). She takes that complaint to her husband, who is reliant on having an incredibly strong bond and connection with Travis Kelce to successfully complete his very important job. Assuming Patrick agrees with Brittany on the issue (or doesn't care enough about the disagreement to harm their relationship, as seems to be the case), he'll want to assure his wife that he supports her and will try to fix the situation. Say Patrick brings up this new feud with Travis and asks him to get to the bottom of it, after all, all Brittany wanted was a hug, which is a pretty reasonable request even in spite of the circumstances. At that point, Travis is given the onus of either backing his girlfriend and making things awkward with Patrick (which again, has significant implications for their livelihood and their decade-long friendship), or taking it to Taylor, who in this hypothetical, clearly feels very upset with Brittany's beliefs (to the point of making such a public statement about them), and causing at least some degree of friction in his own relationship. Isn't it just easier for everyone if Taylor just hugs Brittany?

That's all counter factional at this point, since she did hug Brittany, but it's really not so simple as "I think she could've just not hugged her". What's it to you? Why do you care that she hugged Brittany? You've been a notable OTH for several years now, why would you care about the implications of a 2 second hug between a Trump supporter and an artist you hate? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

This was my initial reaction as well. But the difference is Taylor is not a regular person, she has a massive spotlight on her and she has been associating with a prominent Trumper pretty regularly (apparently she was at her home). The optics of that are pretty obvious, especially in the absence of a formal endorsement.

The presence of ONE Trump supporter should not create any optics that overpower the many Kamala supporters also in attendance.. Wealthy people are bound to cross the political divide because there is no class war at that tax bracket. They care less about differing ideologies, but even here on the lower income brackets I am still cordial and even respectful of people I have political disagreements with. 

And I don't know how many times we have to tell yall, the absence of an endorsement does not mean she's "endorsing" Trump it means she's abstaining from inciting any conflict from either political party. That won't be a valid argument to me until Election Day, if she still hasn't said anything at that point.

• Like 1

While Taylor is obviously a democrat and will make her endorsement in due time, this is the first time I'm kinda disappointed in an association of hers?

I didn't care about Matty or Lena or whatever friendships people were upset about, but trumpism isn't just "politics", it's the most dangerous movement in the West since nazi Germany. It literally has the potential to permanently end democracy in the United States.

I'm sure Taylor will show where she stands, though.

• Like 4

no, im more disgusted at u allegedly being a black woman lashing other black users to defend of this white woman. and suddenly THIS is the benediction for u to unstan. 

keep ur ass over there with the swifties.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

@Teen Spirit thank you for your service

87234447-13626477-image-a-8_172075036230

Just now, wastedpotential said:

Let's play this forward. Brittany goes in for the hug, and Taylor dodges with a handshake or whatever. Okay, crisis averted - except that opens several more cans of worms in its place. Lets assume Brittany gets offended by Taylor, a woman with whom she's previously been friendly and cordial, publicly embarrassing her like that (and lets be clear, that dodge would be a far greater story than this hug is turning out to be). She takes that complaint to her husband, who is reliant on having an incredibly strong bond and connection with Travis Kelce to successfully complete his very important job. Assuming Patrick agrees with Brittany on the issue (or doesn't care enough about the disagreement to harm their relationship, as seems to be the case), he'll want to assure his wife that he supports her and will try to fix the situation. Say Patrick brings up this new feud with Travis and asks him to get to the bottom of it, after all, all Brittany wanted was a hug, which is a pretty reasonable request even in spite of the circumstances. At that point, Travis is given the onus of either backing his girlfriend and making things awkward with Patrick (which again, has significant implications for their livelihood and their decade-long friendship), or taking it to Taylor, who in this hypothetical, clearly feels very upset with Brittany's beliefs (to the point of making such a public statement about them), and causing at least some degree of friction in his own relationship. Isn't it just easier for everyone if Taylor just hugs Brittany?

That's all counter factional at this point, since she did hug Brittany, but it's really not so simple as "I think she could've just not hugged her". What's it to you? Why do you care that she hugged Brittany? You've been a notable OTH for several years now, why would you care about the implications of a 2 second hug between a Trump supporter and an artist you hate? 

Trump: I love Brittany Mahomes!

Tree: Taylor, Brittany just got shouted out by Trump

Taylor: (texting) "Hey Brit, you know I think you're a great girl, and I respect your ideology and whatnot. You go girl! But I actually think Trump is the devil and dangerous and he recently claimed that I endorsed him. Tbh I rather not have to deal with people thinking I support him, y'know? Nothing personal. We can hang out privately. But maybe not publicly. You get it right? Okay. Have a nice day!"

Then Brittany won't go for the hug. And you know what? Maybe then Brittany will even rethink her support for Trump (cause clearly she LOOOVES the Taylor clout). 2 birds one stone.

So I think she could've just not hugged her.

I'm Chilean, girl. And I live part time in the US. And Trump wants to personally deport me. This is not about disliking Taylor Swift. I have personally defended her multiple times in the past year or so. Actually. Go back and look at my comment history. I don't like her or her music. But I have been FAIR, especially when people were attacking her for random sh*t. I even defended her when she got a 1 in a review of TTPD. The way y'all decide I'm a hater just because I'm not up her ass, EVERY single time I have a valid criticism, forgetting about the times I was fair (and y'all LIKED my posts being fair) will never not grind my gears

• Like 3

• ATRL Moderator
9 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Is she a silly little pop star or The Music Industry? I seriously doubt you think she has no influence on her supporter base. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

People are voting and registering to vote right now. She can't flip the vote, but "Swifties for Kamala" raised $144,000. She has an influence. Her actions and her non-actions can and will affect this election. And it can be something I'm upset about. And you'll have to cope.

Your personal identity just tells me you care more about people not saying mean things about that lady than anything else, and that's just sad. Because why are you arguing with people rightfully upset? You said yourself it won't affect her. So why are you policing random strangers?

I'm not trying to police your feelings. Especially after your sharing your Chilean heritage and the threat of you & your family from the Trump administration. I sympathize wholeheartedly with you. I actively despise everything his campaign wants to do if they somehow win the presidency this fall. In the real world, I am doing what I can to promote, endorse, and uplift Kamala because that's the only chance we have of keeping Project 2025 from becoming a reality.

All of that aside, I'm not asking you to "not say mean things about Taylor swift." I just think you guys assign too much importance to her most minute actions (hugging someone that is basically just a spouse of her partners coworker) while simultaneously assigning too little mercy to her perfectly rational political silence (the Vienna terrorist attack was a very real threat to thousands of innocent lives. No one should die at a concert just because Taylor's, at the peak of her social notoriety, decided to take a political stance.)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

I'd be able to take Swifties a lot more seriously if they hadn't spent the last 3 years coping with Morgan Wallen's chart success by attributing it all to MAGAs. 

This what you get. Her streaming numbers bout to double, right? Right?

This site only hates MAGAts when they're men that dominate the charts.

Otherwise you get a Cochran level defense from your stans.

(Don't know or care if she's MAGA this thread is funny tho lmfao)

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

no, im more disgusted at u allegedly being a black woman lashing other black users to defend of this white woman. and suddenly THIS is the benediction for u to unstan. 

keep ur ass over there with the swifties.

I wasn't gonna bring it up but :rip: 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

It's not just one Trump supporter, it's someone who Trump shouted out personally. Also, is the Trump post about her still up? The initial post on X is still up

Which indicates she has indeed not taken any action behind the scenes.

Look, your entire point is that this will blow over, it's bad faith attacks by THOTs or whatever and it will have no effect on her career. And it's true, it won't because apparently her fans will support her through anything. But there are bigger things at stake here, an entire nation could fall because people with power did nothing. I hope she endorses Kamala or at the very least condemns Trump because there's a lot bigger things at stake here than "lol variants".

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Do you write fanfic or something?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.