• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teen Spirit

• PoisonedIvy

• MissedTheTrain

• Into The Void

4 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

Anyone claiming this is off base, but people acting like her lovingly embracing someone shouted out by Trump four days ago is not a big deal because she also hugged a random democrat has genuinely lost their damn minds. 

Taylor has never gone to the US Open before, and has never shown much interest in tennis. To that effect, I'm assuming that Travis or Patrick Mahomes wanted to go, invited their best friend, and then they both brought their significant others :deadbanana4:

You're acting as if this was some masterplanned PR move from Taylor's side to redeem Brittany or whatever :deadbanana4: The NFL has pretty clear informal policies about the families of their players all getting along, and even without that pressure, Travis and Patrick are very good friends who just so happen to hold jobs that require them to be on very good terms with each other, and I don't think Taylor would want to go out of her way to make things awkward for them (or to do damage to her own relationship with Travis) by outright refusing to greet a woman she's met well over a dozen times with a hug. Brittany being recognized by Trump hasn't changed any of those factors :deadbanana4:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Teen Spirit said:

I'm not a POC. I'm a black woman. Hope this helps. 🫶

I'm glad you said this. They keep doing that "POC" talk when a very specific POV is at play and it's purposeful.

OT: Why would I be disgusted she's not my friend. I'm not surprised. :michael:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MissedTheTrain said:

She has history with this woman from the past year.  She is her boyfriend's teammate/friend's wife.  She has been in circles with her due to that for the past year, and has been around her at tons of games.  You're acting like she's never seen her before that Trump thing.

They're at a sporting event, she gave her a hug to greet her.  Just like she gave Este Haim a hug, Laura Sisk a hug, and Amanda Santa:

It's like some of you want the world to be even more divided than we already are and we can no longer give a quick cordial greeting to someone in public :deadbanana2: I have coworkers who are Trumpsters, but I'm cordial and polite with them in public.  I greet them at events.  It's MUCH easier than being rude and going out of my way to avoid and/or shun them (which ultimately does nothing).  It doesn't mean that I agree with them, it just means I'm a cordial adult.

I genuinely cannot believe y'all are this much up this woman's ass that you can't recognize that she can very easily just NOT hug the woman who was shouted out by Trump FOUR DAYS AGO.

FOUR. DAYS. AGO. Shouted out by a person who has admitted to want to be a dictator. Who organized a coup to overtake the American government. Who has openly said he wants to deport MILLIONS of families. She can't just NOT hug that woman? She can't have a conversation with her in private in which she tells her "Look, Brittany, you have your beliefs and I have mine. That's totally fine. But you have chosen to stand ten toes with the reincarnation of evil, and I'm a very public figure who has to be mindful and responsible of this sort of thing. I don't agree with Donald Trump. I think he's a very real threat to our democracy. I respect your beliefs, and I hope you respect mine, and we can keep our distance from now on. I hope everything goes well."

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, More Than A Melody said:

I have never seen anyone bend over backwards this way to defend indefensible situations before. Like, never in my life. It's as if it'd legitimately end your life to acknowledge that she could've just not hugged Trump's new BFF.

What the hell? HUGGING someone with different political beliefs than you is INDEFENSIBLE now? :ahh:  How do yall function in the real world Jesus Christ. I hate Trump with every fiber of my soul but I'm not about to sit here and abandon my etiquette, decency, and respect for my fellow humankind just to shun his supporters. I am going to hug, shake hands, and greet everyone regardless of political disagreements. If you think otherwise then Godspeed to you in your life.

She's a powerful woman whose actions can genuinely affect the outcome of an election that's in less than three months. People are voting/registering to vote right now. What do you think is gonna happen at her concert if she says "hey, so I did not endorse Trump"? That's all she had to say, I'm not even saying she should hold a rally against him lmfao.

Also, she could SO easily just... not hug Brittany Mahomes. Just... don't hug her.

if she actively endorses Kamala before touring the red states she's touring this fall, the same extremists that were capable of storming the US Capitol on Jan 6 and invoking an insurrection could and would demonstrate acts of violence at her shows this fall, placing the safety of innocent people into question.

Her actively choosing to not hug Brittany would negatively impact her relationship with Travis, as Patrick is his teammate and their job is dependent upon their allyship. Also, it's insane to choose not to hug someone just because you have political disagreements. I reiterate that. Peoples parents have differing beliefs but they shouldn't just "not" hug them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, More Than A Melody said:

I genuinely cannot believe y'all are this much up this woman's ass that you can't recognize that she can very easily just NOT hug the woman who was shouted out by Trump FOUR DAYS AGO.

FOUR. DAYS. AGO. Shouted out by a person who has admitted to want to be a dictator. Who organized a coup to overtake the American government. Who has openly said he wants to deport MILLIONS of families. She can't just NOT hug that woman? She can't have a conversation with her in private in which she tells her "Look, Brittany, you have your beliefs and I have mine. That's totally fine. But you have chosen to stand ten toes with the reincarnation of evil, and I'm a very public figure who has to be mindful and responsible of this sort of thing. I don't agree with Donald Trump. I think he's a very real threat to our democracy. I respect your beliefs, and I hope you respect mine, and we can keep our distance from now on. I hope everything goes well."

You are very upset over something we don't even know for sure. I didn't know Trump shouted out Brittany Mahomes. I had no idea until today, with this thread. You think Taylor, with the busy life she leads, largely offline at that.. would know something so minor as a social media post from someone she doesn't even follow? 

• Like 1

There's a couple of good points being made here. First that she's a big celebrity and acutely aware of the spotlight on her so she's aware that associating with someone who Trump literally shouted out a few days ago sends a message. Secondly, that she did nothing to stop Trump claiming she endorsed him. And spare me the behind the scenes cope, his statement was public and her rebuke of it should have been public too.

So she either doesn't give a **** or she's actively courting that audience because guess what, they also stream music and buy tickets.

Also, I have to point out the compulsive outpouring of completely unconditional support and defense from Swifties. Any other MPG, from Gaga to Beyonce to Ariana associating with Trumpers would cause a massive backlash from within the fandom but Swifties will literally fall on their swords for her no matter what. Almost a Trumpian "they will support me if I shoot someone on 5th Avenue" kind of devotion. Or mayhe they're Trumpers themselves?

• Like 6

Yes! The ultimate betrayal!! Stone her! Burn her at the stake!! 

• Haha 1

10 pages over a HUG :suburban: ATRL's vicious cycle of grasping for straws to villainize her, get proven wrong and quickly jump on the next little thing continues.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

You're acting as if this was some masterplanned PR move from Taylor's side to redeem Brittany or whatever :deadbanana4: The NFL has pretty clear informal policies about the families of their players all getting along, and even without that pressure, Travis and Patrick are very good friends who just so happen to hold jobs that require them to be on very good terms with each other, and I don't think Taylor would want to go out of her way to make things awkward for them (or to do damage to her own relationship with Travis) by outright refusing to greet a woman she's met well over a dozen times with a hug. Brittany being recognized by Trump hasn't changed any of those factors :deadbanana4:

I'm not acting like this at all. Where did you even get this? LMAO. The things y'all tell yourselves to cope with your own cognitive dissonance.

I don't think she orchestrated anything. I just think she could've not hugged her. That's all.

• Like 1

Just now, Popboi. said:

10 pages over a HUG :suburban: ATRL's vicious cycle of grasping for straws to villainize her, get proven wrong and quickly jump on the next little thing continues.

And when she has a huge post endorsing Kamala in a few weeks the thread will stall at like, 2 pages max. Like ******* clockwork.

• Thanks 1

Stans are not that different from Trump supporters if you think about it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MissedTheTrain said:

It's like some of you want the world to be even more divided than we already are and we can no longer give a quick cordial greeting to someone in public

I made this same expression of concern and got 7 dislikes so yes that is what they want.

2 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

There's a couple of good points being made here. First that she's a big celebrity and acutely aware of the spotlight on her so she's aware that associating with someone who Trump literally shouted out a few days ago sends a message. Secondly, that she did nothing to stop Trump claiming she endorsed him. And spare me the behind the scenes cope, his statement was public and her rebuke of it should have been public too.

So she either doesn't give a **** or she's actively courting that audience because guess what, they also stream music and buy tickets.

Also, I have to point out the compulsive outpouring of completely unconditional support and defense from Swifties. Any other MPG, from Gaga to Beyonce to Ariana associating with Trumpers would cause a massive backlash from within the fandom but Swifties will literally fall on their swords for her no matter what. Almost a Trumpian "they will support me if I shoot someone on 5th Avenue" kind of devotion. Or mayhe they're Trumpers themselves?

That same audience also watches her documentaries, which funny enough, half of the latest one was about how she's a democrat and rebukes Trump. But whatever fits your narrative I guess? :rip:

2 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

You are very upset over something we don't even know for sure. I didn't know Trump shouted out Brittany Mahomes. I had no idea until today, with this thread. You think Taylor, with the busy life she leads, largely offline at that.. would know something so minor as a social media post from someone she doesn't even follow? 

Yes, poisonedivy. Taylor Swift knows one of the people she hangs out with has been publicly shouted out by Trump. She's the most famous person on the planet. She has a publicist that follows her everywhere and whose LITERAL JOB is to be aware of every minor thing said about her or about her circle.

Donald Trump shouting out Brittany Mahomes is not MINOR. The only reason he did it was because she hangs out with Taylor. Brittany Mahomes is a nobody.

Serving me hugging my MAGA aunt at Xmas dinner

3 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

The problem is this a massive overreaction. She hugged the spouse of her boyfriend's coworker. People are acting as if she is backing up the beliefs of someone she is barely even close with. No one, in their right mind, would persecute -any- celebrity for merely GREETING someone else with opposing political values, but for some reason this is the case with Taylor to the point that this discourse has spawned thousands of think pieces between Twitter, Reddit, and ATRL… all over a greeting. A cordial hug does not warrant this level of discussion and yet here we are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 pages over this. Sometimes I wonder if ATRLers have hobbies other than this website.

• Haha 1

"You are very upset" perhaps because her silence and actions surrounding this have personal consequences for me and my loved ones (and I presume for a lot of other people in this thread). If Trump were to win, it wouldn't be because of this, like, that goes without saying. But it's going to be a close election. Kamala has been saying that every single time she speaks. Every vote counts. And if one of the most influential people on the planet refuses to take a stance in any way and embraces someone personally shouted out by the guy who wants to make my life and my family's life a living hell, then I am going to be very upset, I'm so sorry it hurts your stan feelings.

1 minute ago, More Than A Melody said:

. Brittany Mahomes is a nobody.

Agreed! And just like all that CRAP with Matty Healy last year blew over, so too will this pile of turd. :sorry: Taylor will remain a democrat with liberal values and leftist ideologies, she will likely endorse Kamala, and yet she will still remain cordial with the spouse of her boyfriend's coworker. And you can either stay upset at it or you can make peace with the fact that people can be polite and cordial with people who have differing political opinions — even if they are extremists (which I doubt Brittany is, she's probably just ignorant and privileged.) 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Shinning said:

Yes

Like another user said that since she's the wife of her bf coworker she "has" to be friends w her clearly has never held a job in their lives. Anyone who has a job knows there's many people you have to work with that you do not align with or get along with but will respectfully not associate with them for that reason

5 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

The problem is this a massive overreaction. She hugged the spouse of her boyfriend's coworker. People are acting as if she is backing up the beliefs of someone she is barely even close with. No one, in their right mind, would persecute -any- celebrity for merely GREETING someone else with opposing political values, but for some reason this is the case with Taylor to the point that this discourse has spawned thousands of think pieces between Twitter, Reddit, and ATRL… all over a greeting. A cordial hug does not warrant this level of discussion and yet here we are.

This was my initial reaction as well. But the difference is Taylor is not a regular person, she has a massive spotlight on her and she has been associating with a prominent Trumper pretty regularly (apparently she was at her home). The optics of that are pretty obvious, especially in the absence of a formal endorsement.

Edited by Jay07

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.