Elton John praises Trump for supporting him

Saintlor

Elton John on Donald Trump calling Kim Jong Un "Little Rocket Man": "I laughed, I thought it was brilliant. Donald's always been a fan of mine. I thank him for his support."

Variety Article

Edited by Saintlor
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Where in the quote does he say that he supports him? It just looks like he is being polite.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Squall said:

Where in the quote does he say that he supports him? It just looks like he is being polite.

Someone that doesn't support him would not be polite like that

I can't imagine Rihanna for example saying that 

He continued, "I just want people to vote for things that are just, things that are important to people: the right to choose, the right to be who you are, and not let anybody else tell you who to be. And that goes all the way up to the Supreme Court."

While John did not explicitly endorse either Kamala Harris or Trump, he asked rhetorically, "I just hope that people make the right decision to see what the future is going to be. Is it going to be fire and brimstone … or are we going to have a much calmer, a much safer place? People can vote for who they like, but as far as I'm concerned, I love love. And I'm a loving person, and I want that to come back to America. I feel it's been lost in the last 12 years."

i don't think that this reads as being trump supporter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Where did he say he was a Trump supporter?

Here is more context:

"I laughed, I thought that was brilliant," John told Variety's Ramin Setoodeh in an interview at Toronto Film Festival. "I just thought, 'Good on you, Donald.' … Donald's always been a fan of mine, and he's been to my concerts many, many times. So, I mean, I've always been friendly toward him, and I thank him for his support. When he did that, I just thought it was hilarious. It made me laugh."

"I just want people to vote for things that are just, things that are important to people: the right to choose, the right to be who you are, and not let anybody else tell you who to be. And that goes all the way up to the Supreme Court."

"I just hope that people make the right decision to see what the future is going to be. Is it going to be fire and brimstone … or are we going to have a much calmer, a much safer place? People can vote for who they like, but as far as I'm concerned, I love love. And I'm a loving person, and I want that to come back to America. I feel it's been lost in the last 12 years."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

You all need to stop acting like saying something that isn't a drag about someone = support. :rip: 

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Frankly, it just sounds like Elton is a narcissist just like Trump and just praises whoever is nice to him. His entire worldview revolves around himself.

This just proves what you said :

"I laughed, I thought that was brilliant," John told Variety's Ramin Setoodeh in an interview at Toronto Film Festival. "I just thought, 'Good on you, Donald.' … Donald's always been a fan of mine, and he's been to my concerts many, many times. So, I mean, I've always been friendly toward him, and I thank him for his support. When he did that, I just thought it was hilarious. It made me laugh."

a very typical obsessed Madonna hater thing to do

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Do you understand what sarcasm is?

• Like 1

you know u have thirty minutes?... yeah, thirty...

Typical narc beahviour. Donald is awful for everyone but he compliments ME and that's what I care for. 

ME ME ME

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We never knew his music anyways

:clack:

Whilst I don't think it's exactly support, you know full well if this was a pop girl she'd be getting scalped for this :giraffe:

Maybe he appreciated the Tiny Dancer promo

"Hold Me Closer" hitmaker is just being apolitical. Besides, he's a foreigner from Britain 

1 hour ago, Jay07 said:

Frankly, it just sounds like Elton is a narcissist just like Trump and just praises whoever is nice to him. His entire worldview revolves around himself.

You have opened the library and you read them to the filthiest of filth

I can totally see him as a Trump supporter and it's all right 

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, katara said:

Typical narc beahviour. Donald is awful for everyone but he compliments ME and that's what I care for. 

ME ME ME

this is exactly how i read it too

i would've been like idgaf that he likes my music, he can go to hell 

• Thanks 1

sounds like sarcasm tbh 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.