Was Rihanna the weakest MPG in terms of artistry?

Lagerfeld

Isn't the OP a Katy stan? The nerve.

Anyway, the correct answer is Selena Gomez. No offence to her but yeah. 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Josh

• mons†er

• Teen Spirit

• Robyn.

35 minutes ago, shyboi said:

No, we can not. 

Witness was great tbh :clownny:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Josh said:

and TeenSpirt stans for Dua of all people so she has no room to talk about anyone's artistry 

FN > any Britney album. And Dua is more talented than Britney. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

Yes, absolutely the weakest 

:clack:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Ahh yes

Right…live performances.

There's just certain things Britney stans should stay out of and singing is definitely one of them.

IMG-8923.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

33 minutes ago, bad guy said:

Right…live performances.

There's just certain things Britney stans should stay out of and singing is definitely one of them.

IMG-8923.gif

Rihanna should lip sync

Rihanna's last album is one of the most highly praised and acclaimed projects of the last 2 decades, by the industry, the GP and by music critics... what are you smoking ?

• Thanks 2

I disagree. Rihanna has shown versatility in the artistic aspect showcasing different genres and music styles. She had gone from doing something like Pon de replay to dark and unexpected sounds like Rated R and GGGB.... Loud, Unapologetic and ANTI. 

I think some people move past the fact that it isn't just about writing a song and material and putting it out there. In fact the girls that usually write would only be successful at ONE genre and cannot perfect other genres. Therefore I find Rihanna to be very talented and adaptable. I also don't appreciate the Britney throw. She literally went from doing bubblegum pop to something like In the zone and Blackout contributing to production and writing. 

I can't wait until the whole " writing means you're talented, if you dont you are NOT" phase is over. Look at how boring the music scene. Call me crazy but people like Lorde, Taylor and other writer based popstars contribute nothing to the pop scene other than ONE sound and format. Not to mention the fact they don't have an out of this world vocal range either. Writing doesn't automatically make you talented and versatile. 

Edited by TouchinFree
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

I can't wait until the whole " writing means you're talented" phase is over. 

Thank you. Forcing every singer/performer to be a writer for the sake of looking authentic has always been so annoying to me. A strong sense of identity, good taste, and uniqueness >>> A damn writing credit. If I feel like you have quality material, cool references, and can curate a good team and a great body of work, that's what matters to me. On the other hand, if you wrote something by yourself, bravo to you for that mama, but if it ends up being bland I will not care.

Edited by ZacXCX
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

All the people saying Britney in here are DELUSIONAL as HELL when her unreleased catalogue (of which she wrote the majority of) **** on some of these girlies entire discographies lmfao. Britney had more artistry when she has full control than these girls have had their entire careers.

• Like 2

All the people saying Britney in here are DELUSIONAL as HELL when her unreleased catalogue (of which she wrote the majority of) **** on some of these girlies entire discographies lmfao. Britney had more artistry when she has full control than these girls have had their entire careers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

59 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Rihanna's last album is one of the most highly praised and acclaimed projects of the last 2 decades, by the industry, the GP and by music critics... what are you smoking ?

It's not thanks to Rihanna. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Rihanna is just average, she's a limited vocalist and performer but she has the ability to adjust to different styles, to imprint personality into her stuff and so on. I think lacking artistry really shows to those that make the so called "faceless" music where you can't pinpoint any differential, Rihanna is far from being like that.

Edited by TipToe

No, Rihanna's artistry is why she had/has such a stellar music career.  She established herself as a fashion icon with GGGB and made her look and style synonymous with her album eras.  She pushed the envelope with Rated R, and then when the time was right, adopted the red hair and more pop sound for LOUD.  With Unapologetic and Anti, no one really knew what to expect.  Every album she did something to make it exciting, and I think that's apart of her artistry.  

• Like 2

Rihanna's music has made me feel more than anyone else. She is vulnerable, emotional and true to herself. Her unique tone carries songs. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Josh said:

It's not thanks to Rihanna. 

:rip: is it crack ?

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Me & My Hits said:

Rihanna stans are so desperate to defend their fave that all they can do is to talk **** about Selena, which is not even considered a MPG by this site. 
Go find real proofs that your fave is talented instead of shifting the attetion to other artist. 

This being your angle because you know there's just no way you could convince anyone of Selena having any talent :deadbanana:

I think Rihanna is the embodiment of "Pop Music nowadays is a karaoke of Pretty People"

Zero musical input, just hire a team and sing a song.. at least she has a lot of BAWPS

but ARTISTRY? Nope, nadah.. also can't perform

Edited by FrederickGa

9 hours ago, Teen Spirit said:

FN > any Britney album. And Dua is more talented than Britney. 

Both Rihanna and Britney have showcased way more artistry than Dua EVER. Maybe this type of threads should be directed at her instead.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

far from it .. she's one of the best MPG's ever! can we not. 

• Thanks 3

16 hours ago, A-V-XYZ said:

No. Britney is. Rihanna's got so much more Grammys than her.

When did Rihanna write a song like Everytime? :doc: 

It's so funny bc most mpg were definitely inspired by her "unapologetic" overall aesthetic 

and also sang demos wrote for her :lmao: 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.