Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• X~MoviePoP

• Bloodflowers.

• CosTaSsSs

9 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Oscar buzz prayer circle

More feedback coming in:

It looks like she may have a chance at Oscar buzz. Fingers crossed the movie gets "best picture" buzz too because I think that's what held her back from getting a nom for Hustlers. I think Jharrel Jerome is a "best actor" contender which will help. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, FantasyRide said:

It looks like she may have a chance at Oscar buzz. Fingers crossed the movie gets "best picture" buzz too because I think that's what held her back from getting a nom for Hustlers. I think Jharrel Jerome is a "best actor" contender which will help. 

Whew, let's hope she gets it this time!! The Academy snubbed her big time with Hustlers.

More positive feedback:

• Like 1

I could cry, i hope the rotten tomatoes score is above 70

I could cry, i hope the rotten tomatoes score is above 70

DEADLINE: 

"Lopez is the other standout, not often given the credit she deserves and here giving her all right from the wry opening scenes where we see the love and pride this mother has for her son. She's terrific."

https://deadline.com/2024/09/unstoppable-review-jennifer-lopez-jharrel-jerome-toronto-film-festival-1236079773/

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, insomniac said:

DEADLINE: 

"Lopez is the other standout, not often given the credit she deserves and here giving her all right from the wry opening scenes where we see the love and pride this mother has for her son. She's terrific."

https://deadline.com/2024/09/unstoppable-review-jennifer-lopez-jharrel-jerome-toronto-film-festival-1236079773/

Yessss

I'm so happy for @insomniac

lets go Ms. Lopez!! the Oscars attendance is BOOKED 

• Thanks 1

3 pop girl films getting Oscar's hype this year :jonnycat:. Vamos, JLo!!!

• Like 2

JLo gotta be one of the most polarizing celebrity of all time :bibliahh: I feel like in a span of half of a year, we have flip flop liking her and hating her a few times now :suburban:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flower said:

JLo gotta be one of the most polarizing celebrity of all time :bibliahh: I feel like in a span of half of a year, we have flip flop liking her and hating her a few times now :suburban:

I think so, what if this gets better reviews than FAD? I fear Harley won't be the only one in the asylum. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Roger Friedman / Showbizz 411. This is one of the critics that HATES her and always tears her down in reviews. It's very positive: 

Maybe the best thing Jennifer Lopez gets in her divorce from Ben Affleck is a performance of a lifetime in "Unstoppable."

The premiere at Roy Thomson Hall Friday night produced a wild standing ovation for Lopez as the mother of Anthony Robles, the famous NCAA wrestling champion born with one leg.

(…)

No one had JLo on their scorecard for Best Supporting Actress this year. But Lopez gives and stirring and gritty performance as Judy Robles — whom the actress resembles in real life — the mother who overcame poverty and domestic abuse to guide the eldest of her five children to victory.

"Unstoppable," based on Robles' book and directed by William Goldenberg — could be this year's "CODA" or "Green Book" combined with great sports movies like "Rocky" and "Rudy." While Anthony Robles's wrestling story is the general conceit, the movie is a textured telling of a mother and son's relationship as well.

(…)

At the after party across the street at the Ritz Carlton Lopez — known for being a diva — could not have been more accommodating and down to Earth. She took pictures with everyone and spent a lot of time in girlchat with Damon's wife, Luciana. Of course, she sparkled in the most glamorous and revealing dress of the night because, you know, she's JLo. But this throws a curve ball into everyone's game plan on various levels on celebrity and acting.

A+ for "Unstoppable,": which could prove its name as the new season unfolds. Bravo to Amazon Studios. This could be their first big one since "Manchester by the Sea."

https://www.showbiz411.com/2024/09/07/toronto-gives-jlo-unstoppable-wild-and-real-standing-ovation-for-oscar-buzzed-film-about-one-legged-wrestler

Variety:

"At home, Anthony relies on his mother, Judy, played by Lopez in what may be the fullest screen performance she has ever given. Lopez makes Judy a mother who loves her aspiring athlete-star son but is cornered, plowed under by life. Lopez makes you feel the wrung-out despair, as well as the will she summons, as an act of love, to overcome it."

https://variety.com/2024/film/reviews/unstoppable-review-jharrel-jerome-jennifer-lopez-1236136017/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, insomniac said:

23 minutes ago, insomniac said:

Roger Friedman / Showbizz 411. This is one of the critics that HATES her and always tears her down in reviews. It's very positive: 

Maybe the best thing Jennifer Lopez gets in her divorce from Ben Affleck is a performance of a lifetime in "Unstoppable."

The premiere at Roy Thomson Hall Friday night produced a wild standing ovation for Lopez as the mother of Anthony Robles, the famous NCAA wrestling champion born with one leg.

(…)

No one had JLo on their scorecard for Best Supporting Actress this year. But Lopez gives and stirring and gritty performance as Judy Robles — whom the actress resembles in real life — the mother who overcame poverty and domestic abuse to guide the eldest of her five children to victory.

"Unstoppable," based on Robles' book and directed by William Goldenberg — could be this year's "CODA" or "Green Book" combined with great sports movies like "Rocky" and "Rudy." While Anthony Robles's wrestling story is the general conceit, the movie is a textured telling of a mother and son's relationship as well.

(…)

At the after party across the street at the Ritz Carlton Lopez — known for being a diva — could not have been more accommodating and down to Earth. She took pictures with everyone and spent a lot of time in girlchat with Damon's wife, Luciana. Of course, she sparkled in the most glamorous and revealing dress of the night because, you know, she's JLo. But this throws a curve ball into everyone's game plan on various levels on celebrity and acting.

A+ for "Unstoppable,": which could prove its name as the new season unfolds. Bravo to Amazon Studios. This could be their first big one since "Manchester by the Sea."

https://www.showbiz411.com/2024/09/07/toronto-gives-jlo-unstoppable-wild-and-real-standing-ovation-for-oscar-buzzed-film-about-one-legged-wrestler

C'mon Oscar nominee Jennifer Lopez, this is your retribution story :jonnycat:

• Like 2

The Hollywood Reporter:

"The special sauce here, however, is the bond of love and support through tough times between Anthony and his mother Judy, stirringly portrayed by Jharrel Jerome and Jennifer Lopez.

Lopez sinks into the character here with a layered performance as Judy, full of pain, pride, bitter disappointment in herself and then unexpected resilience and resourcefulness […] Lopez gives a tender and entirely convincing performance as a mother whose unshakeable belief in her son is a crucial part of his foundations.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-reviews/unstoppable-review-jharrel-jerome-jennifer-lopez-1235994309/

FRESH!

"Jennifer Lopez emotes an impressive performance as Robles' mother

The movie Unstoppable is a true tear-jerker, heartwarming, inspiring and the kind of sports film with a universal theme that anyone can relate to."

https://blackgirlnerds.com/tiff-2024-review-jharrel-jerome-delivers-heart-wrenching-performance-in-unstoppable/

Edited by insomniac

The only hindrance I can see for it is that it's a Prime Video release and they have never done an awards campaign.

10 hours ago, Flower said:

I don't get what you mean? 

have you tried JLO beauty products miss piggy could benefit from them xxxx 

3 hours ago, Assassin said:

The only hindrance I can see for it is that it's a Prime Video release and they have never done an awards campaign.

Ugh!

This deserves to be in theaters 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.