Shakira: "I have lost so much money to Spain"; blames tax evasion on sexism

Alak96

Shakira, for 'El Mundo', regarding her stay in Spain: 

«It may seem incomprehensible, but for me the Spanish decade was a financially lost decade, and not because I worked little, as everyone knows. I gave 120 concerts in 90 different cities. How can a person who gives 120 concerts lose money? It sounds strange, I know, but today my assets consist of what I earned before arriving in Spain and what I earned after leaving it. Everything I earned in those years was kept by the Spanish State.»

The Colombian ratera, ladrona and tax evader strikes again with another episode of "I am rich and I pay too many taxes!". She has also blamed her inability to pay her taxes on sexism:

The artist accuses the Spanish Tax Agency of manipulating her tax residency, of having acted with "sexist prejudices" and of having tried to "burn her at the stake publicly" in a harsh letter written by herself

Do you support her recent meltdown, ATRL?

Edited by Alak96
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChooseyLover

• BrokenMachine

• AvadaKedavra

• SinnerCity

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this still going on?

• Thanks 1

how lame of her , paleta!

Edited by MaxMartin
  • Like 1

girl we're living in poverty, just pay your taxes :skull:

• Like 8

celebs complaining about money or their paycheck is just... peak cringe.

• Like 3

"The reality was very different: I always complied with my obligations. My finances were investigated by institutions as unsuspicious as the White House or the IRS and approved by other countries of the European Union, and in all that time they never found even the slightest sign of illegality, while a general director of inspection of the Spanish Tax Agency allowed himself to criminalize me on a television program even before the trial was held. When in 2015 I decided to live in Spain under the impatriate regime, the Tax Agency admitted that during the previous 10 years I had not been a resident, and then, immediately afterwards, tried to charge me for those years. What seemed like a polite way to formalize my situation, turned into a trap. In the case of 2011, the strategy is particularly scandalous because I only spent 73 days in Spain, when the minimum established by law to be a tax resident is 183 days. A person who spends his time touring all over the world cannot intend to be fiscally resident in a place just because the person with whom he has a relationship at that moment lives there. It would be the same as thinking that a tourist passing through Ibiza on vacation has to become a tax resident just because she has had a local romance."

Even a former Spanish court judge said that if it was anyone else famous , they wouldn't have dragged this person through the mud as much. Her big mistake was getting involved with Piqué's family, who are super influential in Cataluña. For example, he has been involved in some dubious business deals and he's never been bothered, even though he's used Shakira's money. And let's not forget the racist ideas of some Spaniards towards Latinos.

But I agree, it's time to move on from this topic and Pique as a whole. Book many Spanish dates as possible for the tour and get that money back :johnald:

Edited by Bocanada
  • Thanks 7
  • Thumbs Down 4

I like her but she's SO annoying, she sounds like a literal cry baby.

Well, then thank you Spain for keeping this woman working! :clap3: No retirement any time soon = keeping the fans fed!

• Haha 1

Nobody will convince me of Shakira being a thief/avoiding taxes. This woman builds schools in Colombia and is so involved in making the world a better place, way more than Spain's government and institutions are. And I say this as a Spanish person.

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

She did one tour and released two albums over the span of 14 years :rip: of course she didn't l earn as much money. Blaming that on the colonizers is pathetic.

As a Colombian, I'm so tired of her ass, her stupid lazy music and her antics. The very thing she criticized in her album ¿Dónde Están los Ladrones?, and now she is a tax evader. 

Shakira being almost 50 years old with two children should know better at this stage of her life the privilege that she has as a millionaire.

It seems Piqué burned her brain or something. 

• Thanks 1

Wow she really fell off.  She tried to evade paying her taxes and she got caught.  Instead of just keeping quiet about it, she says this?  L.

1 hour ago, Alak96 said:

and not because I worked little, as everyone knows. I gave 120 concerts in 90 different cities.

...in the span of 12 years. That's like a concert each month :rip:

Then she's inflating the numbers since El Dorado Tour only had 54 dates :dies:

1 hour ago, Alak96 said:

Everything I earned in those years was kept by the Spanish State

If that's true, I wonder why she's always the first one to appear in all of those 'X Papers' (Pandora/Paradise/etc) where it's shown time after time how she keeps her fortune off-shore in tax havens :coffee2:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.