Sky Ferreira: Troubled Genius or Pathological Liar? (A Career Retrospective)

RideOrDie

Wait bookmarking this to read later, I'm genuinely curious about the whole story of her messy career 

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RideOrDie

• bielneira

• smartalek22

• Kern

I love this so much, such a roller coaster 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In 2014, Sky got in trouble over allegations of racism and exploitation for her I Blame Myself music video. The song seems almost ironic, considering she has never once taken responsibility in her life and has always blamed others for her shortcomings. In it, she plays the leader of a gang who participates in some illegal activity before getting arrested, possibly referencing her arrest for drug possession. But the video has drawn accusations of exploitation and racism for the way Sky positions herself in relation to her gang members/dancers. "Almost touching black men doesn't make you cool, dangerous, or liberated in 2014," one person wrote on Twitter. "I'm tired of seeing black people used as props," another wrote on Facebook.

This has always been ridiculous. Sky cast who she wanted, and her brother is Black/Native and she is Native/Portugese. Do Lana fans really wanna accuse a Native American woman of using cultures as props? 

spacer.png

this is taking me out, I love you :deadbanana4:@RideOrDie

let me give Guardian, All My Lovers Die and Innocent Kind a spin though

• Haha 1

Why was the industry so up Terry Richardson's ass? I never thought his photography was anything that special. Sky was a mess for saying that, but then again most of our faves have collabed with Terry or questionable people at one point or another. 

• Like 1

Night Time My Time (title track) is a work of art so that makes her a troubled genius by default

0uCddEV.gif

I remember how much I liked Downhill Lullaby when it dropped. It had that baroque, gothic rock sound that I felt she could have expanded on. After Don't Forget, I knew she was leaning back into a sound she had already done and it got derivative.

I won't comment on her alleged drug addiction and Lyme disease diagnosis as that is more personal. I used to be a fan, but after how defensive she got over Nasty Cherry, who had praised her in interviews, I got the ick and unstanned for good. A lot of her deflection and unaccountability displayed in this thread pair well with what I felt when that whole situation went down.

I hope she truly gets the help she needs because she's her own worst enemy at this point. She seems to have a lot of insecurities and personal issues that she needs to sort out. She cannot fall back on label issues anymore so we'll see if the label truly interfered as much as she alleges or if some of it was due to her detached and victimized attitude. I'll still check out what she drops, but that illusion I had of her is long gone.

:deadbanana2:can yall like leave her alone

its been weird for a while but drafting up thread after thread dragging her like she didn't just get out of label hell, never mind whatever health issue she may be going through

so lets say she's a liar….unstan her and move on? why the constant nitpicking? 

11 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

you are a OLH AND illiterate? pick a struggle my good sis

IMG_0366.thumb.gif.5c7e6199ef6ae88d181ae

Not you feeling pressed by that LMAO

:gaycat5:

16 hours ago, bielneira said:

Not you feeling pressed by that LMAO

:gaycat5:

if it helps you sleep at night

10 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

if it helps you sleep at night

You give youself too much importance hon' you're way less than you think you are

16 hours ago, worldwide angel said:

:deadbanana2:can yall like leave her alone

No!

:suburban:

Spoiler

Not until she puts Descending up on streaming!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bielneira said:

You give youself too much importance hon' you're way less than you think you are

i'm just baiting you to bump my thread up sis, thanks for engaging

• Haha 3

Just now, RideOrDie said:

i'm just baiting you to bump my thread up sis, thanks for engaging

I love to help the unfortunate my love, it's my pleasure

18 hours ago, bielneira said:

I love to help the unfortunate my love, it's my pleasure

then why you're not helping Sky Ferreira?

• Haha 4

(This never happens) 13 times my god how I needed this good laugh

She's like Neon Hitch or Porcelain Black. A big mess.

I love Sky since myspace with stand back and i think her album is one of the best pop records of that decade and very unique but she seriously is a lost cause :giraffe:

Edited by AvadaKedavra

I still have no idea who this person is.

I feel like I scrolled past articles about her on the DailyMail like 10-15 years ago and just assumed that she was a heroin addicted nepo baby from the UK.

11 minutes ago, Rihinvention said:

I still have no idea who this person is.

I feel like I scrolled past articles about her on the DailyMail like 10-15 years ago and just assumed that she was a heroin addicted nepo baby from the UK.

she is not from the UK

crQWHUp-Imgur.thumb.gif.ead76015e15332f8

• Haha 5

Let me bookmark this. Anytime I feel like I'm behind in life, I will reread this thread.

crQWHUp-Imgur.thumb.gif.ead76015e15332f8

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Kern said:

then why you're not helping Sky Ferreira?

Is she unfortunate? Twitter seems to love her.

Following this thorough, unbiased and objective look at the events, I'm afraid my conclusion is PATHOLOGICAL LIAR

0uCddEV.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/8/2024 at 9:23 AM, Youngbae said:

You surely have a lot of time on your hands, kind of jealous.

At least he does something with his time unlike Sky Ferreira who never does anything

• Haha 2

The amuount of "this never happens" i'm howling 

:bibliahh:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.