Harry Potter tradition canceled; goes mega-viral and Millennials in shambles

Lagerfeld

3 hours ago, poki said:

The fact that Azkaban is the fan favorite when its the one book/movie where the main villian isn't relevant is absolutely bizarre to me. Like, in theory this book shouldn't even exist yet it's the most beloved. :dies:

Tell me you're dumb without telling me you're dumb. Have you never heard about character development, story progression and world building? I swear some of y'all don't have two braincells to rub against each other :rip:

OT: King's Cross really said

Not On My Watch Crispin Glover GIF - Not On My Watch Crispin Glover Mr  World - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• MattieB

• velocity

• poki

'as a punishment, the fans were sent to Leeds'

It feels like HP fandom (at least the intense kind) is kind of becoming a thing of the past. We had the initial mania with the books, ten years of movie adaptations, then the online fandom and memes following that, a prequel trilogy, and a play. Not to mention the merchandise and everything else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lagerfeld said:

Are you glad that society is moving on from that woman's creation?

Yeah, love that we're moving on to this. Let's celebrate that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, MattieB said:

Yall are grown ass men and women stanning useless celebrities, tracking the daily streams, mass buying their songs, having daily arguments with strangers about their status, bragging about their success like it's yours and so so so much more. Yall are effectively MUCH worse than Harry potter fans could ever be

Speak for yourself but I'm simply on this site because I love pop music in general and I personally don't like a lot of the weird and obsessive behavior of pop stans either.  They actually make liking pop music more frustrating with their hive mind mentalities, judgmental attacks towards other artists and their hostile/parasocial behavior online to naysayers of their pop queen idol - I personally believe a lot of modern music fans like me resent the intense stans' behavior for making the genre less enjoyable to follow and destroying the mental health of the artists they love.  If fans of a popgirl showed up to a train station for her unannounced, I would also think that's weird as **** and far too much effort.

Like I said, I'm a fan of HP who read all the books, saw all the movies, played the games growing up, and has been to the theme park in Orlando, but I'm also allowed to think at the same time that some of the adult Potterheads are excessive and need to branch out to other books/interests/etc, much like Disney adults. Of course it's the extreme ones and not the majority, but you have to admit there's a fair amount of Potter fans to this day well into their adulthood whose level of obsession with the franchise is kind of intense?  Moderation is key with any of your interests in life.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Maxxxine said:

weirdo

• Thumbs Down 2

Such an obnoxious fandom, they are so cringe and millennial in the worst possible ways 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

There's something telling about a group of people mocking another by claiming that one of the most successful franchises of all time - which just released the most successful game of 2023 - is somehow 'washed up' because an announcement wasn't made at a train station. It's giving 'desperate to discredit Joanne.'

Edited by Keter
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

19 minutes ago, Maxxxine said:

wait is your post sarcastic or not 😭 because it sounds islamophobic lowkey

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black Sunflower said:

Cancel culture is stupid and all of you happy about this need to worry about real problems. Low lives. and I dont even like HP.

1 hour ago, The_Bling said:

Oh don't worry, cancel culture is only interested in doing this to women. This is why when history gets passed on through the years, it is always so heavily male-centric every single time

I'm sorry how is JK Rowling cancelled exactly? Her Harry Potter IP is still making her bank, the HP park remains open, a game was released like 2 years ago that was a success. She continues to publish books and even gets platformed by mainstreamed media, most recently The Times. 

Is the cancelling in the room with us right now?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

the funny thing is that with HP you can't even separate the art from the artist cause in that fictional universe everyone is completely comfortable with SLAVERY :rip:

Traditions have to come to an end at some point. London Kings Cross couldn't have kept on doing this forever, nor should they be obligated to. It's not their job to provide entertainment to fans of a franchise. It's a train station. :rip: And the fact they said they wouldn't be doing it beforehand and people still showed up - they've only got themselves to blame for wasting their time.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

It feels like HP fandom (at least the intense kind) is kind of becoming a thing of the past. We had the initial mania with the books, ten years of movie adaptations, then the online fandom and memes following that, a prequel trilogy, and a play. Not to mention the merchandise and everything else.

Isn't a new series coming? :ryan3:

ATRL gays telling others to move on from Harry Potter and leave it in the 2000s when they can't go a day without reminiscing about the good old days of Britney Spears and Janet Jackson?? The audacity:ahh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Well, what is there to keep the fandom alive? The book series is finished forever, the wild beast movies were disgustingly bad and Rowling refuses to write a sequel. But worry not, the fandom will come back full force when the series starts airing.

The audacity y'all have to criticize this fandom when almost everyone in here gets crazy for who has a #1, sales, celebrities life's, etc. :clack:

• Haha 1

It's always felt weird to see it like try to be made a thing again in recent years.

I find it rich as hell that pop fans wants hp  fans to move on and leave it in 2000s or the irony indeed! Atrl stans should really read the room. 
:bibliahh:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Shouldn't they be at work. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.