Harry Potter tradition canceled; goes mega-viral and Millennials in shambles

Lagerfeld

6 minutes ago, C_Colstead said:

In the godly words of Miriam Margolyes (Professor Sprout in the films):

"I worry about Harry Potter fans because they should be over that by now. It was 25 years ago, and it's for children. I think it's for children."

Not this with an Adele avi.........

• Confused 1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• MattieB

• velocity

• poki

"Millennials in shambles" :bibliahh:

This part SENT me! Begging my fellow Millennials (especially the straight ones) to let go of this series of mediocre children's books. They have been rereading the same books for 25+  years, give it UP already.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Which pop girl is your fave? 

i don't really do favs, i just enjoy pop music in general but as far as consitently loving someone musical output goes i'd say taylor. why?

Just now, velocity said:

i don't really do favs, i just enjoy pop music in general but as far as consitently loving someone musical output goes i'd say taylor. why?

Aren't you too old to identify with celebrities? 

I like Harry potter but some fans need to chill and JKR is vile.

2 hours ago, Komet said:

:ahh: 

GWbUeVXWMAA7-zh?format=jpg&name=900x900

yeah I acc regret mine and want to cover it up ☠️ luckily it's quite subtle so covering up should be relatively easy

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Aren't you too old to identify with celebrities? 

I don't? But even if i did identify with a celebrity it wouldn't compare in any way being stuck in the past still obessed with a children's story 15 years after it ended and still making it part of my identity

We're making fun of people who have interests now?

:suburban:

We're on ATRL stanning Pop Girls, some even stanned Z Listers, who are we to question people stanning a PHENOMENON?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

TFL said no terfs :bam: 

anyway I'm reading Howl's Moving Castle rn it's a gorgeous book! What books does everyone like x

3 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

good. now people should finally come to terms with the fact that HP was never ever good to begin with.

3 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

This. It was trash back then, and it's still trash now.

That being said, it is well past time we as a society move on from Harry Potter. Read another book/watch another movie, Jesus.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The series are good for children and teenagers but yeah as adults there are way better fantasies to read…

11 minutes ago, Sazare said:

That being said, it is well past time we as a society move on from Harry Potter. Read another book/watch another movie, Jesus.

Oh, I have to majorly disagree with this one here. I bought the first book back when it came out because I bought into the hype. I hated it then. Even friends I have that were fans of the series said that by the time they got to Book 5, JKR was contradicting herself and aimlessly directing her characters in ways that were incongruent with the original premise of the story.

She's a very popular writer, but she's not a gifted one.

Imagine still being a fan of HP after the creator came out as a transphobic weirdo  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, Reginald said:

"Millennials in shambles" :bibliahh:

This part SENT me! Begging my fellow Millennials (especially the straight ones) to let go of this series of mediocre children's books. They have been rereading the same books for 25+  years, give it UP already.  

Say it louder for the people in the back

! It's literally a children's book!! Time to hang it up peopoe 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

ATRL telling people to let go of something they were fans of as children is…something! 
:clack:

Obviously JK is garbage, but it becomes an endless game of vilifying others for enjoying art when I'm sure 99% of us are guilty of enjoying something with strong ties to problematic people.

Even our faves do bad things constantly. Whether it's Taylor's jet use, Beyoncé's private Dubai concerts, Rihanna and Gaga's unethical mega corporations, the list goes on. JK will be a billionaire until she's gone. Hypocritically bullying people who enjoy HP doesn't do anything except hurt other powerless individuals trying to make it through. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

What we have to remember that JK Rowling and the Harry Potter series have always gotten backlash. And some of you aren't letting a woman use her brain and think freely. There is so much transphobia in real life, if she has transphobic thoughts and wants to share them, she can. 
You can share what you are thinking about, and phrase it in a way that will make people think. That is called being a writer.

Edited by selena_lavigne
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

Lmao I called trash the moment I touched that first book

Move on from that ooky pooky nonsense already

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Cancel culture is stupid and all of you happy about this need to worry about real problems. Low lives. and I dont even like HP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike_int said:

Cancel the person who wrote it, not the story which was written and brought magic to many peoples lives.

If we should erase every single, book, movie, song, painting, sculpture or anything created by person with idiotic mind-set you would be surprised how many important pieces would be lost.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952w9uyf5ew7ape5tulyk

Oh don't worry, cancel culture is only interested in doing this to women. This is why when history gets passed on through the years, it is always so heavily male-centric every single time

• Like 3

3 hours ago, poki said:

Wait rly? Huh maybe I got gaslit by Azkaban stans on reddit then, it was ~2019

Goblet definitely makes more sense as the fan favorite  

Idk what that user is talking about. You're right, Azkaban has always been seen as the fan favorite film and book

Anyway, I couldn't care less about HP these days but these tweets dragging her/HP fans are such a lazy form of 'activism!'

Edited by Aaron
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.