Harry Potter tradition canceled; goes mega-viral and Millennials in shambles

Lagerfeld

5 minutes ago, FrederickGa said:

Never ever good?

Now now... JK is trash but HP is good.. not a Masterpiece, but GOOD and a Phenomenon

Spice Mania into Harry Potter must have been such a fun time to live in the UK. :cute:

We don't get cultural moments like that anymore

• Like 2

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• MattieB

• velocity

• poki

Would laugh if I were trying to catch my train and I got to witness this. 

22 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

Who said that? EVERYONE knows that The Globet of Fire is the fan favourite

i remember when it came out, it was universally panned. definitely the worst part of whole series

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

As a millennial who loved Harry Potter growing up, I have to admit I'm so burned out of this franchise, it's time for my fellow millennials to move on. You can still love the franchise and have nostalgia for it but to love it to an obsessive degree this long after the last book came out is just getting weird.

Indeed. I don't really connect JK Rowling with my feelings for Harry Potter. The recent Hogwarts Legacy game was a fantastic revisit and also a reminder that the world is a bit childish.  To think I used to think of it on par with LOTR lol. Sorry Tolkein!

Harry Potter truly changed the world for the better and made a lot of people fight for the underdog. That hasn't changed.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, Vixen Eyes said:

good. now people should finally come to terms with the fact that HP was never ever good to begin with.

What does that have to do with anything. As much as we don't stand by that woman, this IP isn't going anywhere. There's a show in the works planned to air for a decade, the books keep putting out new editions, the LEGO partnership is taking off on its own, and the gaming well... Hogwarts Legacy sold a billion copies. The theme park at Universal Studios is a hit and they're currently expanding it with new themed worlds. Apparently the movies are being rereleased in theaters too? This franchise taps on a lot of industries.

Again I'm not defending that woman by any means, but saying that whatever this thing is at Kings Cross is indicative of the IP being bad is not true, nor is it indicative of a fall down. What I hope it does is remind these millennials to move on.

Edited by Spicy Pisces
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Harry Potter fans were left disappointed after the annual tradition of the Kings Cross Hogwarts announcement didn't happening today

That grammar. :deadbanana2:Crucio!

• Haha 5

35 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

Who said that? EVERYONE knows that The Globet of Fire is the fan favourite

Nope. It's definitely Azkaban 

• Like 2

Why are you all mad at Harry Potter? I know JK sucks, but at this point, the franchise has nothing to do with her. Hermione wrote it and it's amazing. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Why are you all mad at Harry Potter? I know JK sucks, but at this point, the franchise has nothing to do with her. Hermione wrote it and it's amazing. 

Because she'll keep on getting coins from HP if people don't pay it dust?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

In the meantime, over 8.000 Fans celebrated the first of September as „Back To Hogwarts" - Day in Hamburg, Germany. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

good. now people should finally come to terms with the fact that HP was never ever good to begin with.

As an avid reader of Fantasy you are correct. It isn't bad nor fantastic, it was just the first through the door. 

What a bunch of ******* assholes and losers, you can hate her all you want but something that brings happiness to some people in this ******* bleak ass world shouldn't be taken away because of the creator's opinions

Harry Potter was our childhood, it's beyond JK now. The fact that yall are celebrating this shows how ******* apathetic and daft yall can be

Misery loves company I guess

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

15 minutes ago, Lagerfeld said:

Because she'll keep on getting coins from HP if people don't pay it dust?

The books will sell regardless, its a whole ass empire, its similar to star wars. Whats not clicking

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Both sides are doing the most, JK is a vile person but this doesn't help trans people either 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Its this pathetic hive mind bullshit these people always do thinking they're causing some kind of change when in reality its not doing anything, people will still do back to hogwarts kings cross or not.

The cancel culture echo chamber needs to be studied

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

You can dislike JK and still love HP :ace:

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, WalkAway said:

It's funny how some of you act superior when stanning the Pop girlies is just as weird. :suburban:

Right. As if discussing which leotard diva has more daily streams on Spotify in real life wouldn't make people laugh in your face. Most people really need to look at themselves :clack: 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

As a millennial who loved Harry Potter growing up, I have to admit I'm so burned out of this franchise, it's time for my fellow millennials to move on. You can still love the franchise and have nostalgia for it but to love it to an obsessive degree this long after the last book came out is just getting weird.

It's arrested development. There's nothing more cringe than meeting someone who is 30+ and still identifies proudly with their hogwarts house :rip:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, velocity said:

It's arrested development. There's nothing more cringe than meeting someone who is 30+ and still identifies proudly with their hogwarts house :rip:

I feel like I was talking to people recently who were STILL like "what hogwarts house are you?" and I'm so ******* over this conversation, bye.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, MattieB said:

Yall are grown ass men and women stanning useless celebrities, tracking the daily streams, mass buying their songs, having daily arguments with strangers about their status, bragging about their success like it's yours and so so so much more. Yall are effectively MUCH worse than Harry potter fans could ever be

a hit dog will holler or alternatively cope by making up random ****. get well soon :bird:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

In the godly words of Miriam Margolyes (Professor Sprout in the films):

"I worry about Harry Potter fans because they should be over that by now. It was 25 years ago, and it's for children. I think it's for children."

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

34 minutes ago, velocity said:

Which pop girl is your fave? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Cancel the person who wrote it, not the story which was written and brought magic to many peoples lives.

If we should erase every single, book, movie, song, painting, sculpture or anything created by person with idiotic mind-set you would be surprised how many important pieces would be lost.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952w9uyf5ew7ape5tulyk

Edited by mike_int
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.