Camila Cabello - 'C,XOXO (Magic City Edition)'

vinicius

2 minutes ago, Poptart89 said:

No she said she deleted the app off her phone for a while, not her account. IG too, I think. 

Yeah this is truly her best bet. Do a small tour for die hards, then step away, give fans a chance to miss you (and non-fans a chance to forget xoxo ever happened). Then, come back a refreshed, refocused brunette leaning into her strengths a la a Spanish album (and with some stronger writers. I know she prided herself on leading all of the writing on this album but it's okay to get help.) 

She posted 5 days ago. Stop the dramatics lmao 

• Haha 3

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vinicius

• istersay

• HarleyWin

• rickycabello123

6 minutes ago, Bentley said:

She posted 5 days ago. Stop the dramatics lmao 

I'm just repeating what she said so it sounds like your issue is with Camilas "dramatics" for saying that after taking a 5 day break. 

Edited by Poptart89

1 hour ago, Starfish said:

She can't sell out theatres and she knows that :razzle:

Well Demi Lovato couldn't either on her last theatre tour. So it doesn't need to sell out really

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

She really really should've toured Familia, could've cemented her ability as a performer and kept her name out there a little longer before C,XOXO. 

I do think she could easily sell out theater venues now, Kesha had a very successful theater tour last year and her album did quite poorly comparatively.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I know a lot of ATRLers will probably downvote or 'haha' this and reply with 'Lorde, sweetie I am so sorry' but I really do think Godspeed is her Perfect Places - both are goodbye anthems to the night, to a period of life with chaos, self-doubt, indulgence and endless parties, and the final epiphany that they have to move on and say goodbye to a past version of self. As a casual listener, I really think Camilla exceeded expectations and outdid herself this time. I hope she won't be discouraged too much by the reception or the commercial performance because the album is solid gold. :clap3::clap3:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Poptart89 said:

No she said she deleted the app off her phone for a while, not her account. IG too, I think. 

Yeah this is truly her best bet. Do a small tour for die hards, then step away, give fans a chance to miss you (and non-fans a chance to forget xoxo ever happened). Then, come back a refreshed, refocused brunette leaning into her strengths a la a Spanish album (and with some stronger writers. I know she prided herself on leading all of the writing on this album but it's okay to ask for help if that's not your strong suit .) 

She gave people a chance to miss her and then she flopped into oblivion when she returned LOL. This type of thing only works for extremely established artists who are starting to overstaturate the market, like Drake, Taylor, etc. She should have stayed in everyone's face just like Dua Lipa, who is now a mega global star unlike Camila. She got too comfortable too early about her status in the pop world. 

Also, she basically told y'all recently she can't make a full Spanish album right now because she is not as comfortable as everyone thinks in speaking the language. She can speak in conversations but to write a whole album in Spanish requires to know the language extremely well. She said she needs to live in LATAM to do that so y'all gotta wait a while for that sorry...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I honestly think they were planning an arena tour in the beginning of the year but then had to go back and rescale the venues when the album numbers came out, which is maybe why the tour announcement is taking so long. A celebrity with 65 million IG followers like her is assumed to be big enough to fill an arena, but I think there was too much gap between her peak years (2018-2019) and now that people have simply forgotten about her.. the gp interest is gone. Not touring Romance was the most horrible decision she ever made. Even Dua still toured FN after the lockdowns, why didn't Camila?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HarleyWin said:

She gave people a chance to miss her and then she flopped into oblivion when she returned LOL. This type of thing only works for extremely established artists who are starting to overstaturate the market, like Drake, Taylor, etc. She should have stayed in everyone's face just like Dua Lipa, who is now a mega global star unlike Camila. She got too comfortable too early about her status in the pop world. 

Also, she basically told y'all recently she can't make a full Spanish album right now because she is not as comfortable as everyone thinks in speaking the language. She can speak in conversations but to write a whole album in Spanish requires to know the language extremely well. She said she needs to live in LATAM to do that so y'all gotta wait a while for that sorry...

Oh I didn't hear that about the Spanish language album. That's unfortunate but I get it. I feel like she shines in that space.

I guess that disappearing for a while is a risk, but I don't know that staying in people's faces helps either at this point. She's fallen so far in terms of cultural relevance and even the Sabrina drama didn't help get people to listen to her music much. I feel like she's kind of at a career crossroads after this album. She can be like Shawn and just settle into "this is the kind of music I want to make and I don't care if it ever pops off again" or she has to go back to the drawing board. Returning to her roots might actually be a welcome reprieve after the C, XOXO. 

Edited by Poptart89

12 hours ago, BlahBlahBlah said:

She really really should've toured Familia, could've cemented her ability as a performer and kept her name out there a little longer before C,XOXO. 

I do think she could easily sell out theater venues now, Kesha had a very successful theater tour last year and her album did quite poorly comparatively.  

10 hours ago, HarleyWin said:

I honestly think they were planning an arena tour in the beginning of the year but then had to go back and rescale the venues when the album numbers came out, which is maybe why the tour announcement is taking so long. A celebrity with 65 million IG followers like her is assumed to be big enough to fill an arena, but I think there was too much gap between her peak years (2018-2019) and now that people have simply forgotten about her.. the gp interest is gone. Not touring Romance was the most horrible decision she ever made. Even Dua still toured FN after the lockdowns, why didn't Camila?

Most likely contract? People start touring on Jan 2022 & she had one album left to do before departing to Interscope (Sept 22) Familia was released on April 2022. So it's unlikely she would have been able to tour.

• Thanks 1

I'm so shocked Twentysomethings is my most played track lmfao. Probably the track I was initially least excited for and it became my favorite. 

• Like 2

This era could've gone so different . Timing really is everything.

they should've released Hot Uptown as a lead single in March. This would've been before the Drake / Kendrick drama 

I LUV IT should've followed before the album release as the second single released either late May or early June to compete for the song of the summer. Would've avoided unnecessary Charli XCX drama.

in a meantime, Chanel no 5 and He Knows released as promo singles.

June Gloom or BOAT released as a third and first post album release single 

Edited by Solarie

6 hours ago, HarleyWin said:

It's cute but why do we need this?

Why do you need this spelled out? 😂 

because it's currently charting and we need a hit? We'll take what we can get at this point.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 5:48 PM, HarleyWin said:

If big time rush a fake Nick band can tour and sell out arenas why do we think she can't?

5 hours ago, Solarie said:

Why do you need this spelled out? 😂 

because it's currently charting and we need a hit? We'll take what we can get at this point.

A hit is a stretch as it's not even charting on the BB100 but more music from Camila is always good so I'll take it  :bird:

3 hours ago, rac7d said:

If big time rush a fake Nick band can tour and sell out arenas why do we think she can't?

Because she doesn't have a history of filling arenas. She was doing theatres when she was at her peak with Havana, and now that she has no hits or gp interest, I don't see who would buy tickets other than her small fanbase? Some of her so called "stans" didn't buy her album during release week, I doubt they would pay money to see her..

Also, Olivia, who is on the same label as her, didn't do arenas until after GUTS was released, and her first album was MASSIVE. My expectations are very low for Camila.

4 minutes ago, HarleyWin said:

A hit is a stretch as it's not even charting on the BB100 but more music from Camila is always good so I'll take it  :bird:

Girl..

It's currently #34 on Global daily Spotify with 2,5M streams.  It's #25 on the UK Spotify and keeps rising etc.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.