New VMA category: VMAs Most Iconic Performance

Hector

Which gets your vote?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Even though we already know who will lead because of the two biggest stanbases on ATRL, *shrugs*

• Beyoncé - "Love On Top" (2011)
    • Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Missy Elliott – "Like a Virgin" & "Hollywood" (2003)
    • Eminem – "The Real Slim Shady" & "The Way I Am" (2000)
    • Katy Perry – "Roar" (2013, live from Empire-Fulton Ferry Park)
    • Lady Gaga – "Paparazzi" (2009)
    • Madonna – "Like a Virgin" (1984)
    • Taylor Swift – "You Belong With Me" (2009)

Ohhh Britney, Madonna & Christina Aguilera  is the most iconic & remembered one 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starshine

• Darkgalord

• 40_L3VE

• Doctor Dick

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, NEUTRON said:

how is Taylor or Katy on the list over... Britney "Oops", Madonna "Vogue", Britney "Slave 4 U"  or THEE Michael Jackson Megamix?

No Janet??.:gaycat6:

Edited by Dula Peep
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mons†er said:

The 'Love On Top' performance for the win. Singing live while pregnant. The power of Blu Ivy :alexz: 

Yesss that reveal was everything!

spacer.png

Ugh, all these choices (besides Taylor) are so iconic. 

• Like 2

The only right answer is Britney/Madonna/Xtina... that kiss was first page news all over the world. 

I am surprised the Gaga performance is winning... i mean it is iconic but more iconic than the kiss? not. 

5 hours ago, Phaunzie said:

Paparazzi, it was high camp, high drama and high brow. Like A Virgin with Xtina and Britney is great but I think Gaga deserves it the most. Also it is the only one from this category that aged the best in term of replay and entertainment value. 

Really? I never got the hype with that performance, someone comes out in a wheel chair and she's lifted up where blood is poured all over her. It's just all over the place and to be fair the outfits and drama reminded me a little of Madonna vogue performance.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 hours ago, Human Fly said:

That katy performance wasnt even on the main stage, it was for pre show :rip:

It was for the main show and she closed out the entire ceremony. It was one of those performances that was heavily promoted throughout the telecast. 

• Like 1

Ironically, the Madonna-Britney-Xtina-Missy performance is directly influenced by Madonna's own 1984 performance, so it should go to Madonna's solo one. 

Edited by Doctor Dick
  • Like 3

The most-tweeted about moment of all time, Beyoncé's 2011 pregnancy reveal of course. :clap3:

The Katy and Taylor performances are sneaks though. Should be Madonna 1984 and Miley 2013. 

• Like 1

Some of these are so random wow lol the f is this list

No wonder these awards are dead, they can't even recognize their most iconic moments

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, fa77ot said:

Madonna/Britney/Xtina/Missy

:1stplace:

Exactly.

channels4_profile.thumb.jpg.761aad9a3fdd

8 hours ago, fa77ot said:

Madonna/Britney/Xtina/Missy

:1stplace:

This was a moment and I think one of the most remembered

Paparazzi 2009 is one of the best performances ever but Like A Virgin/Hollywood takes the 'most iconic' title out of the mentioned 

9 hours ago, Digitalism said:

My fav is Madonna's Vogue

It has more views than every "iconic" performance in this poll too.

Miley robbed

8 hours ago, Richie.Valdez said:

The only right answer is Britney/Madonna/Xtina... that kiss was first page news all over the world. 

I am surprised the Gaga performance is winning... i mean it is iconic but more iconic than the kiss? not. 

paparazzi performance always went viral on twitter/tiktok like every months lets not...

if anything britney's snake should be in this list

16 hours ago, Draper. said:

I don't remember Katy's (?) and I'm not sure if I remember Taylor's.

both of them are obvious sneaks by MTV lol Katy's was not bad but completely forgettable and I reckon Taylor's mainly snuck in because of "the incident". Neither girl really gave iconic or outstanding VMA performances in their careers.

• Like 1

The inaugural award for this category should go to Queen Mother Madonna and only her, for all of her VMA performances (wtf is Vogue??). Bish set the tone for the VMA show.

• Like 1

There is a case to be made for Madonna's "like a virgin", Madonna with Brit,xtina and missy, Gaga with paparazzi and Beyonce's love on top performance. I won't be mad if any of them takes it but no shade I don't remember Katy's or Taylor's performance lol .

• Like 1

The ***** kiss > Slave 4 U snake > Paparazzi period blood > Vogue > MJ Megamix > Love on Top baby reveal > Miley twerking > Oops I Did It Again strip > Gimme More panning > Like a Virgin > whatever the rest of that list is

As I said... SEVERAL sneaks.

Edited by Starshine
  • Thanks 1

Gimme More performance ??

I'm a Slave 4 U performance ??

Miley's 2013 VMAs performance ??

Like how in the world are Katy and Taylor's shows on this list, who even remembers them except their fans?

Edited by HandsInTheAir
  • Haha 1

This is just VMA tries to stay relevant. 

That list is horrendous. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.