Woman dies after eating tiramisu she was told was vegan

GraceRandolph

A manslaughter probe has been opened after a woman with a severe dairy allergy died from a 'vegan' tiramisu.

Anna Bellisario had been dining at a fast food restaurant in Milan, Italy when she went into anaphylactic shock after eating a slice of tiramisu which was made with milk.

After fighting for her life in hospital for days, she died on February 5 – and now two women are under investigation for her death.

The women in question ran the pastry shop which supplied the restaurant Anna had dined at – and 62 other restaurants in Italy.

Full article: https://metro.co.uk/2024/01/16/woman-dies-eating-tiramisu-told-vegan-20122382/

• Like 3

If it was supposed to be vegan, then the restaurant better be paying up. :giraffe:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Armani? said:

If it was supposed to be vegan, then the restaurant better be paying up. :giraffe:

This and the recent Disney lawsuit case make me think that restaurants aren't taking dairy allergies seriously whatsoever. 

• Like 7

she did february 2023. this poor girl :cries: she had her whole life ahead of her. ugh.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

This and the recent Disney lawsuit case make me think that restaurants aren't taking dairy allergies seriously whatsoever. 

The thing with the Disney lawsuit is that it's so strange to me that even happened. I've worked as a server at Disney and I can't emphasise enough how seriously Disney take their allergies. The restaurant in question though was a third party restaurant on Disney property, so not owned by Disney and means they have their own lax rules on things. But that situation sounded more to me like a case of human error.

• Like 1

I'm glad I don't have life threatening allergies cause I don't think I could trust anyone, let alone any restaurant with my food.

It's bad enough that people keep trying to force seafood onto me :mazen:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

In Toronto now many restaurants have put signs out that "they cannot ensure their items are allergen free". It's unfortunate for people with food allergies (me included) but restaurants here rather just not take the risk at all anymore.

Edited by Mezik
Typo.
  • Like 5

59 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

I'm glad I don't have life threatening allergies cause I don't think I could trust anyone, let alone any restaurant with my food.

It's bad enough that people keep trying to force seafood onto me :mazen:

Same here. I would just make whatever I want to eat at home because I'm not going to put my life on the line for a craving. Some people are weird and will f*ck with your food once they find out you're allergic to an ingredient.

Not saying that's the case here, but there's definitely weirdos like that out there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

I'm sure they don't, and it's because of all of these people with their fad allergies made famous by people like Kourtney Kardashian 

This is so upsetting. I get so angry at deaths that could have been prevented so easily. The person ensuring this was vegan and still gave it to her should be investigated- but then again, it likely was a poor mistake. Sad 

I literally would never eat anything I hadn't made myself if I had an allergy to milk/eggs, I can't imagine how terrifying that must be

• Like 1

These fast food restaurants hire anyone these days. There should be adequate training just about how to manage diets/hygiene. Therefore, if the worker fails because of their stupidity or does not have enough desire to work, they must be held accountable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.