The Taliban wants tourists to visit Afghanistan

Virgos Groove

About 691 tourists visited Afghanistan in 2021, rising to 2,300 the following year and 7,000 in 2023, according to the Associated Press, citing Mohammad Saeed, head of the Tourism Directorate in Kabul. More than 10,179 have visited the country since August 2021, a spokesperson for Afghanistan's Ministry of Tourism told CNN.

Taliban officials say they are supporting tourism.

"The growth of the tourism industry has a positive effect on the country's economy," the spokesperson for the Ministry of Culture said. The country sees most tourists coming from the United States, the European Union, China, India, the United Arab Emirates andIran, the spokesperson added.

CNN

Yeah, I'm gonna pass on that one, but it's definitely a gorgeous country. :jonny:

800px-FrontLines_Environment_Photo_Contest_Winner_-5_(5808476109).jpg800px-Contrasts_(4292970991).jpgDSC_0480.jpg

Maybe when they fix that whole Islamic theocracy thing...

:suburban:

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Really gorgeous rock in those pictures I'm seeing 

Edited by family.guy123
  • Like 1

The pics are already lovely from the internet I'm good :beach:

• Haha 5

Afghanistan's Taliban rulers have issued a ban on women's voices and bare faces in public under new laws approved by the supreme leader in efforts to combat vice and promote virtue.

Article 13 relates to women. It says it is mandatory for a woman to veil her body at all times in public and that a face covering is essential to avoid temptation and tempting others. Clothing should not be thin, tight or short.

Women are obliged to cover themselves in front of non-Muslim males and females to avoid being corrupted. A woman's voice is deemed intimate and so should not be heard singing, reciting, or reading aloud in public. It is forbidden for women to look at men they are not related to by blood or marriage and vice versa.

No thank you

Only if my visit ends with me smuggling out women, children, and queer people.

• Like 6

Unironically several folks would be treated better as tourists there than in Nazi Israel 

Afghanistan has some stunning attractions. If the UAE scam millions of people into visiting their overpriced, artificial cities every year while having a human rights record not much better than Afghanistan, I don't see what's stopping the Talibans from luring backpackers in!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Can't wait for the influencers to go there and romantizice public stonings 

• Like 1

Some Republicans should visit because their politics are not that different.

let's send virgos groove there, dont forget to write us a postcard

yoncegif300contrast.thumb.gif.ec5fe8884d

Edited by truthteller
  • Haha 1

you, thank no

Whenever people visit places like Afghanistan or North Korea, I'm like...why? Do one thing they consider vaguely weird and you end up a political prisoner. :deadbanana4:

Edited by BOOMBAYAH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, MaxxiPad said:

Some Republicans should visit because their politics are not that different.

:rip: no wonder American politics are such a mess when comments like this exist 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

Whenever people visit places like Afghanistan or North Korea, I'm like...why? Do one thing they consider vaguely weird and you end up a political prisoner. :deadbanana4:

This

1 hour ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

This :deadbanana:

I know my ass would be sent to a prison camp for having gay voice, gay face and a limp wrist. Why tf would anyone want to go to these places :rip:

• Haha 2

Fun field trip to some US college students

:suburban:

I've been following Afghan travel content for quite some time now and the country is very beautiful. 

34 minutes ago, LadyDiana said:

This

2 hours ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

You go with tour guides and be sure to not act a fool. That's all. 

In case an atrler wants to go on a visit, you are already charged and your punishment is the death penalty 💀

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

You go with tour guides and be sure to not act a fool. That's all. 

It's not the scenery, nature and rocks must be really pretty, it's just the society that doesn't want me as me there, so yeah, you didn't really answer our question

9 minutes ago, LadyDiana said:

It's not the scenery, nature and rocks must be really pretty, it's just the society that doesn't want me as me there, so yeah, you didn't really answer our question

Like I said before: you go with a seasoned tour guide 

WOOHOO!

Party in Afghanistan :heart: :heart: :heart:

britney-britney-spears.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.