Did Leighton Meester deserve to be the breakout star of Gossip Girl?

glitch

Leighton did the iconic 'Monte Carlo' movie so SHE IS the breakout star of GG. :clap3: 

Jokes aside yes. What happened with both actress career is pretty much Blair & Serena in real life. 

• Like 1

oh absolutely, serena was a terrible character played by a terrible actor. leighton was always the star and the years since the show first aired have been very kind to her 

Edited by Gelato
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

I don't think Leighton has enough charisma, and that's what really matters in Hollywood. If any of them deserves to break out globally, I think Chace had the best chance. He's attractive and charismatic like Lively but with actual acting talent. I think he was even in the running to play Captain America before Chris Evans landed the role.

d4d91dfc723e2942d5b64f16d6d91691351aa93d

Leighton isn't charismatic but Chace... is? :rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Blair Waldorf is probably the most iconic female character after Regina George

She was the main point of that series

But leighton comes as one of those people who doesn't care about fame and feels above it.

She has a better life than Blake imo, much more peaceful 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Leighton comes across as someone who doesn't really enjoy fame or celebrity, tbh. 

Also, I fear she was a bit TOO iconic as Blair and I could see people only wanting to cast her as Blair 2.0. Even all her photoshoots they style her as Blair, basically 

• Like 1

I had such a crush on Leighton when I was a teen and always thought she was a better actress in GG. For a moment it looked like SHE was the breakout following her having a hit song and that Roommate movie but then Blake married Ryan. 

• Like 1

her and Michelle Trachtenberg yes 100%

both have infinitely more charisma than Blake or Penn imo

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

some of the boyfriend actors got nice careers too.

tripp vanderbilt, tony winner

Jonathan Whitney, Tony winner

Carter baizen, Bucky Barnes stardom 

• Like 1

Blake can't act :rip:

she just plays herself like her husband :suburban:

so yeah !

• Confused 1

Neither is particularly talented but Blake is more charismatic and much prettier so having a better career isn't surprising.

• Thumbs Down 1

Blair was iconic and charismatic unlike Serena. Leighton's acting was also better. 

She could have a better and acclaimed career but she's chosen the best for her, she never seems interested in spotigliths and business.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.