Top Posters In This Topic

• 50thStateofMind

• Odette Violet

• willmcclure9

• orange22

22 minutes ago, 50thStateofMind said:

Cover of pop rising on Spotify!

:jonny: 

I initially liked Manon and Lara just from watching the MVs. They have natural starpower.

Watching the documentary and seeing Lara's intro, I don't see her lasting too long in this group. It's giving quick, lil stepping stone while she cooks up her own debut EP. I love what she adds to the group tho.

Daniela kinda bored me in the MVs, but I connected with her through the doc. I like her a lot more now. She's real

Same for Sophia. She shined in the doc due to her leadership qualities. While talented, she lacks presence and fades in the group - Yoonchae too.

Megan's cool

Hopefully Manon can keep up with the workload. Although I feel like she didn't take training as serious because she knew she was in from the jump. I don't blame her and Adela can stay mad lol

I think the group needs to be doing more promotions or fan engagements in the US. Yeah, mall tours are essentially dead but that didn't stop 5H from touring the country and solidifying their fanbase. I guess the Netflix series is a good way to reintroduce them and make casuals more invested. Really curious to see where this goes.

The EP title sucks btw :rip:

• Like 1

wonder what the conflict is

On 8/28/2024 at 3:21 AM, willmcclure9 said:

ugh isnt she like 16? another 2 years of this generic kidzbops until we get a serve :jonny: 

Tbh i feel like the only fumble with the group is having Yoonchae instead of Nayoung. Like i adore Yoonchae she is very cute, but Nayoung was right there.....

They ditched Nayoung just because she said she wanted to be solo and they needed a korean member so they went with Yoonchae instead. KATSEYE is such a cunty name to go and waste it with kidzbop music :chick3:

20 minutes ago, 50thStateofMind said:

wonder what the conflict is

Do you think it could actually be the performance at the VMA's (probably pre-show though)?

Some people are saying that they might have gotten a chance to open for Olivia Rodrigo's Asian tour dates. I would love that for them:giraffe:

2 minutes ago, TheCal said:

Do you think it could actually be the performance at the VMA's (probably pre-show though)?

Some people are saying that they might have gotten a chance to open for Olivia Rodrigo's Asian tour dates. I would love that for them:giraffe:

VMAs preshow was my guess (even though itʻs 3 days earlier, itʻs still across the country).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheCal said:

I also thought of the VMAs instinctively, but they are on the 12th - two days before this show date.

The Olivia thing would be cool, though.

Edit: Just saw @50thStateofMind's post, welp.

Edited by Pulse
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheCal said:

Theyʻre visiting Asia....Korea, Philippines, and Japan from 9/12–9/23

hopefully they have TV performances lined up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 50thStateofMind said:

Theyʻre visiting Asia....Korea, Philippines, and Japan from 9/12–9/23

hopefully they have TV performances lined up

No India? Lara's motherland needs some love :giraffe:

Edited by Odette Violet

Found this on their reddit. Winx Club for real :giraffe:

Their trajectory makes me reminiscent of 5H's debut with pre-teen lyrics in Miss Movin' On and then hard pivoting to a more mature R&B image in Bo$$. Touch is luckily their saving grace. I know they're capable of producing a PCD Buttons-lite and I hope we get that direction soon. At least they're not performing at Sam's Club and at local malls lol

Already doing promotions in Asia, a global girl group indeed :clap3:

SN: can't with people acting like they're destined to flop while Touch is doing exactly what it's meant to do

38 minutes ago, toast said:

Already doing promotions in Asia, a global girl group indeed :clap3:

SN: can't with people acting like they're destined to flop while Touch is doing exactly what it's meant to do

SEA is carrying and their fanbase there is secured thanks to Sophia. Once you have southeastasia, you're not likely going to flop

also

not bad. HYBE just needs to give them the same payola as their inside house groups :clap3:

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Like 2

The Manon hate in here is WILD. For centuries non black musicians have been getting the fame and popularity  solely based on looks so it's kinda weird that y'all are attaching this narrative to the only black girl in the group. I can admit that initially Manon wasn't performing up to the level of the other girls… but like she and the other producers said, it was something entirely new to her and quite frankly she has has improved tremendously. She's performing on par with the other girls now. 

There's a reason why she has the most following on social media despite being the only black girl (that sadly is a disadvantage), She's very pretty obviously but she's also likable and has that it factor look and presence. 

• Like 1

Only on episode 4 but the Netflix doc is so much better than Dream Academy was 

1.4 million update today. 1.5 coming soon! 

16 hours ago, ToraeGilt said:

The Manon hate in here is WILD. For centuries non black musicians have been getting the fame and popularity  solely based on looks so it's kinda weird that y'all are attaching this narrative to the only black girl in the group. I can admit that initially Manon wasn't performing up to the level of the other girls… but like she and the other producers said, it was something entirely new to her and quite frankly she has has improved tremendously. She's performing on par with the other girls now. 

There's a reason why she has the most following on social media despite being the only black girl (that sadly is a disadvantage), She's very pretty obviously but she's also likable and has that it factor look and presence. 

I agree.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.