KATSEYE - 'SIS (Soft is Strong)'

50thStateofMind

7 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

They can stay doing the teen pop sound they have right now, then transition to a more mature sound and image, Fifth Harmony and Little Mix started like that.

I really believe they are waiting until Yoonchae becomes an adult before transitioning them

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 50thStateofMind

• Odette Violet

• willmcclure9

• orange22

20 hours ago, dealtwith said:

I could see a contemporary adaptation of a Pussycat Dolls approach sonically working for them (My dream would be their take on a Who's Gonna Love You esque song :WAP:) -  

+

Like the whole Doll Domination will suits them.  Murika don't **** it up, you have good girl group finally who embraces diversity and who can perform  since the Pussycat Dolls  :giraffe:

• Like 2

Manon the queen you are

• Like 6

EP is good, pretty basic ofcourse, but my way saved it

i watched documentary too, it almost made it seem like they wanted turn off people off the group not get them into it lmao.

i liked everyone who wasnt picked minus lara  and megan who are everything: performer, looks, vocalist, personality, dancer, etc...

sophia and yoonchae are cute and sing nice, but i didnt connect at all, manon was portrayed as entitled, bitchy and lazy + cant sing

its a shame people only stan because of race (thats how it seems) and not because of talent.

also zero connect with daniela, i cant believe she got into group actually lol... i guess shes filler member 

so far they serve a bit fifth harmony to me, not unified at all

watched the docu without knowing who the final girls were and what a mess :rip: Emily and Adela were robbed, and i don't understand why they didn't drop Manon before the live rounds even started with how unprofessional she was (it also seemed like she did not gel with other girls at all, why didn't she just pursue a solo career?). I love Megan and Sophia, and Daniela really grew on me a lot once she found her confidence. I like Lara too but like Manon i feel like she'd be stronger solo. and we barely even saw anything about YC.

it was confusing why they didn't release the docu BEFORE the fan voting/final group. and also if they were trying to create a western/US-based group why was the fan voting aspect so focused on Korea and Weverse?

I hope Hybe keeps the girls who didn't make it around for future projects/groups, especially Emily could thrive with a bubblegum pop group.

but with all that said this ep is kinda not good anyway :rip: i don't see this group lasting that long, i'm confused as to what their market even is

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yoonchae and Sophia are the only ones that caught my eye the rest are not it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 50thStateofMind said:

I really believe they are waiting until Yoonchae becomes an adult before transitioning them

The resources will dry up before that happen

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 50thStateofMind said:

ugh isnt she like 16? another 2 years of this generic kidzbops until we get a serve :jonny: 

Tbh i feel like the only fumble with the group is having Yoonchae instead of Nayoung. Like i adore Yoonchae she is very cute, but Nayoung was right there.....

Edited by willmcclure9

17 hours ago, 50thStateofMind said:

Emily is a dancer and thatʻs it. She never wouldʻve been a good fit for the group unless they went the ultra bubblegum route. My opinion at least.

I also disagree HARD that she appeals to the western market. They picked the best girls from the show, point blank. They have tons of untapped potential and most of all, they have the ability to become a fiercer, more adult group (once Yoonchae turns 18).

Why do you think Emily doesn't appeal to the western market and the other girls do? She looks like the quintessential American girl and seeing her do the heels combo she can definitely do more mature concepts. If she was a solo singer I would agree because she's not the best singer, but she's in a band and is the dancer/performer of the group. She could've been the Ashley Robert of the group who from what I remember was the second most popular member from the Pussycat Dolls. 

In general, I think the band has potential but it is very high risk what they're doing.

Edited by Kukai

9 hours ago, Scandalous said:

watched the docu without knowing who the final girls were and what a mess :rip: Emily and Adela were robbed, and i don't understand why they didn't drop Manon before the live rounds even started with how unprofessional she was (it also seemed like she did not gel with other girls at all, why didn't she just pursue a solo career?). I love Megan and Sophia, and Daniela really grew on me a lot once she found her confidence. I like Lara too but like Manon i feel like she'd be stronger solo. and we barely even saw anything about YC.

it was confusing why they didn't release the docu BEFORE the fan voting/final group. and also if they were trying to create a western/US-based group why was the fan voting aspect so focused on Korea and Weverse?

I hope Hybe keeps the girls who didn't make it around for future projects/groups, especially Emily could thrive with a bubblegum pop group.

but with all that said this ep is kinda not good anyway :rip: i don't see this group lasting that long, i'm confused as to what their market even is

Adela and Emily deserved to be on the group, it would've been better if the labels and the voters can pick one-one group. Emily, Adela would've been there but the woman who said that Adela is a solo artist to save her ass was wild… Mama, Adela would've been the perfect leader for the group. anevermind, her solo debut sounds cute. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Kukai said:

Why do you think Emily doesn't appeal to the western market and the other girls do? She looks like the quintessential American girl and seeing her do the heels combo she can definitely do more mature concepts. If she was a solo singer I would agree because she's not the best singer, but she's in a band and is the dancer/performer of the group. She could've been the Ashley Robert of the group who from what I remember was the second most popular member from the Pussycat Dolls.

I think it's simply bc the voting was based around korea/k-pop fans so Americans were already at a disadvantage. my theory is that Emily doesn't have "the look" that would draw those types of fans to vote for her, but if she was actually put into the group by the judges I think she'd end up being the standout member. the judges themselves said she was like the glue for a group and she got along well with every girl there

btw if this group was formed by the execs/judges i feel it probably would've ended up being Megan, Sophia, Lara, Emily, Adela, & either Daniela or Samara and THAT would've been an unstoppable group :shakeno:

also in regards to Daniela, i spent the whole series not connecting with her at all and wondering what they were seeing in her UNTIL they started the challenges and it's like suddenly she had a confidence and really started catching my eye. and she really stands out in the music videos, she might actually be my fav in the group now

Edited by Scandalous

I watched their documentary out of curiosity and I actually ended up really liking their music.

Did their original show kind of flop? Why was it on Youtube and not on Netflix like the documentary? 

2 hours ago, BigBangStan said:

:clap3:

:jonny6: 

a reminder that this was their viral video. Sophia, Daniella and Manon did that 

They are ready to take the job as the PCD successors :clap3:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Odette Violet said:

:jonny6: 

a reminder that this was their viral video. Sophia, Daniella and Manon did that 

They are ready to take the job as the PCD successors :clap3:

The peak of Dream Academy 

I cant stop stanning Lara.... Like the most ***** ive seen in a while :jonny: 

When they allow her to do a sexy concept its over for the other girls 

• Like 3

I love megan - she has the best personality in the group

Ok watched the doco and I'm INVESTED.

Touch is so cute!!!

Got my second copy for a chance at a Lara card and got Megan again and Dani :bibliahh:

• Like 1

we need more vocal moments with this two. HYBE's only redeeming factor is letting this girls sings more :celestial5:

33 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

ImageImageImage

face economy 

Lara :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.