MDNA > Rebel Heart, why yes?

Solaria

I'm tired of pretending MDNA is Madonna's worst album when it has bops like Girl Gone Wild, Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, I Don't Give A, Give Me All Your Luvin and gems like Masterpiece, Love Spent and Falling Free.

Meanwhile Repel Charts is extremely bloated, sonically bland, no replay value, etcetera. Let's agree MDNA is the better album between the two

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

GOD NO! Rebel Heart was a fantastic album I gave them both a listen this week and MDNA is probably one of her worst. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Alldeezy said:

GOD NO! Rebel Heart was a fantastic album I gave them both a listen this week and MDNA is probably one of her worst. 

Fantastically boring yes

spacer.png

2010s Madonna is just a complete mess :suburban: bar 2/3 songs from Madame X

rebel heart has no skips

can't say the same abt MDNA

Oh honey, no.

With MDNA, Madonna quickly put together an album and called some hot producers and it shows. There's no soul in that album and it's a sonic mess. I can only find 3 good songs on there, the rest isn't even listenable.

With Rebel Heart she was passionate, she poured her heart and soul into the album and it translated into some of her best work post-2000 like Devil Pray, Ghosttown and Messiah.

Body Shop and Illuminati, the only bad songs on the Rebel Heart, are better than 85% of MDNA.

Um:biblionny:

MDNA is Britney Jean levels of bad.

me when i test positive for a lack of taste

Rebel Heart is better. You have to be a real Madonna fan to think MDNA is good. It has a few highs but even then it never really comes close to what it wants to be. Gang Bang is the highlight.

Everythjng after confessions has been disappointing with a few good songs thrown in here and there.  

Edited by WhateverYouWant

Yep, MDNA has some songs I like whereas I almost never listen to anything from Repel Charts.

i agree with you, js.

No. Rebel Heart may be a bloated, unfinished mess but it's easily her best album from the 10's. 

• Like 2

I know you're probably just trolling as always but I actually think Rebel Heart is really her worst album. Bloated, writing camp'd, boring mess. It's her Midnights, it's just watered down 

MDNA > Rebel Heart, Like A Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer 

ne7LodF.gif

• Thumbs Down 1

There's a decent album in Rebel Heart if you cut all the trash. MDNA could, at best, be a good EP à l'Emotion Side B.

MDNA EP:

• Girl Gone Wild
  • I'm Addicted
  • Masterpiece
  • Beautiful Killer
  • I'm a Sinner
  • Love Spent
  • Falling Free

Rebel Heart:

• Living for Love
  • Devil Pray
  • Borrowed Time
  • Beautiful Scars
  • Inside Out
  • Addicted
  • Best Night
  • Rebel Heart
  • Joan of Arc
  • Queen
  • Wash All Over Me

2 hours ago, Kern said:

I know you're probably just trolling as always but I actually think Rebel Heart is really her worst album. Bloated, writing camp'd, boring mess. It's her Midnights, it's just watered down 

Not trolling at all Rebel Heart is my least favourite Madonna album by far

I actually like both.

MDNA is her least ambitious project, I guess, but it's still fun and enjoyable.

Hmmm 

Love Spent

Gang Bang

Turn Up The Radio

Falling Free

Some Girls

Addicted

all great songs 

Rebel Heart is her best album since Confessions

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.