Hailee Steinfeld announces hiatus from music

GardenPanty

"…But as many of you have likely guessed, I have decided to take a break from that as I found I was losing myself trying to chase that viral moment vs. really creating, connecting, and growing. Music is so personal to me and it just didn't feel personal anymore. It broke my heart a little, but the more I think about it — and write about it — I know that closing that door (for now) was the right decision because it opened the creative space for me to start conceptualizing Beau Society."

Via her newsletter 

Was she still making music???

• Haha 5

i thought she was already in hiatus

with that said, crazy how she didn't truly "happen" in the music industry despite having a lot of streaming hits! 

i love her songs. 

• Like 1

Honestly just found about her. I have a friend who was obsessed with her song from Fifty Shades but i blocked them. Is her music good?

Ughhh I needed a cute summer project from her with Coast :jonny6:

4 minutes ago, AshleyLovescats887 said:

Honestly just found about her. I have a friend who was obsessed with her song from Fifty Shades but i blocked them. Is her music good?

Capital Letters was soooo good, your friend has taste!! 

Try listening to Coast (feat. Anderson Paak) and Sunkissing, those were cute sunny little bops from 2022

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

the actual news is that she was still supposedly making music

@Smarticle

:ryan3:

• Haha 1

she's been on hiatus from music for several years now

So she's not gonna make music anymore? :skull:

Zendaya said the same thing (on why she stopped making music). The music industry is so cutthroat, I'm never shocked when actor-singers choose being a full time actress over a pop star. 

Edited by BOOMBAYAH

9 minutes ago, Grizzo said:

Capital Letters was soooo good, your friend has taste!! 

Try listening to Coast (feat. Anderson Paak) and Sunkissing, those were cute sunny little bops from 2022

okay tysm!!:gaycat4:

• Like 1

you can be young, beautiful, already famous with 10 billion streams and the industry STILL won't bite and give the treatment you deserve :skull: she was in her selena droplets bag, those songs were hits.

but her career stalled pre covid so wbk music wasn't properly coming. i don't think anybody was waiting

The last time I heard about her "music" was in 2016/17 :deadbanana:

girl no one cares about yours :lmao:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

Getting those coins from Sesame Street

Edited by Infatuation_Junkie

She has many bops and Love Myself was a great debut single. Her debut album would be great. I blame Republic for shelving most of the music she has worked for many years. It's unfair because she's not the whole flop that people believe she is, she has some good streams and even Coast (completely unpromoted) has decent streams.

At least she's honest even if it was so obvious at this point that she'll not release something anytime soon.

• Like 1

I hope she will return one day, she should really consider buying herself out of her label and go indie. 

She has six billion streams on Spotify 

Feels weird she doesn't have an album

• Confused 1

What's sad to me is if she returns (I know she will one day) it's going to be a leighton meester or Ashley Tisdale situation where the new music wont be bops or pop but some folk / acoustic record she worked on with some hipster she met in a coffee bar in Venice.  

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, suburbannature said:

So sad, she has ears for hits like Rihanna :(

That's what she gets for releasing "Wrong Direction" and for breaking my Nialler's heart. Bye.

"SunKissing" was my go-to song this -and last- summer :biblio:

Starving was that bop back in the day. Despite her music being pretty much faceless, I enjoy her discography. Too bad

I didn't realize she was doing much in the way of music for the past few years. I kind of thought she did what Zendaya did and released some material and then kind of left it behind. I still listen to Rock Bottom every now and again. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.