Taylor Swift is a smart businesswoman, and ATRL needs to get over it

blackoutbaby

releasing a bunch of album variants right after cancelling a couple of tour dates because of a possible terrorist attack taking place is actually disgusting, so yeah, maybe a businesswoman after all.

• Thumbs Down 2

While Taylor's business skills and lightning fast adaptability are VERY impressive, I'm not a fan of business - I'm a fan of art. The way most Swifties cheer on Taylor's sales figures and media saturation is like the femme version of crypto bros stanning Elon Musk, as if their wealth and success is the fans' success as well.

Despite what some may say on ATRL, there is a clear correlation between Taylor's financial domination and a quality decline in her artistic output. If selling x copies of TTPD or filling x amount of stadiums is what gets you off, then enjoy sisters - but historically sales isn't the only measure of cultural impact in music, and oftentimes its the masterpieces that went under the radar at the time of their release that become classics later on.

giphy-copy-6.gif

• Like 2

It could be a smart move if her fans aren't tired of her dropping album versions for chart placements. But idk if her fanbase is into that.

1 hour ago, Trash said:

I think ATRL needs to stop your thread making abilities

terri-joe-finger.gif

this. 

terri-joe-finger.gif

1 hour ago, TaylorsSquad said:

I wish more artists were competitive.

For what? Streams and chart positions? What do YOU even get from that? Stop being dumb, it's 2024.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

why do y'all act as if she's the one coming up with these ideas and not the people she pays to do it for her ? :rip:

There's types of competitive 

Dua during FN was good competitive. Giving a lot of quality content constantly.

Taylor just releases variants for the quick little numbers. The content is boring lazy and basic. That's why people don't like it

Edited by Digitalism

I don't think so. Half of ATRL hates her FOR A REASON.

Even a business should have dignity and ethics. Taking advantage of a loophole in the system to intentionally block out your competitors is not a "smart business" move.

Not to mention she literally scammed her fans by selling a Phone memo or Live recording (packaged as an album) for $4.99 when it should be free on streaming or be purchased as a single for a fraction of that price.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.