Australia: Guess (remix) #1, Tones and I earns second #1 album

B-Luke

spacer.png

Tones and I takes the top spot on the ARIA Albums Chart this week, marking the second week in a row with an Australian at #1, while Bernard Fanning and Paul Dempsey's new project lands at #3 with its debut album. 

Five-time ARIA Award winner Tones returns with her second full-length album, Beautifully Ordinary. Her EP The Kids Are Coming reached #3 in 2019, while Welcome To The Madhouse hit #1 in 2021. 

ARIA CEO, Annabelle Herd, said: "Well, when it rains, it pours. Tones has given us two Australian #1s two weeks in a row. A HUGE congratulations to Tones and her team on this incredible achievement. We're absolutely thrilled for you and all of your accomplishments across an outstanding career so far."

Tones and I also holds the record for the longest running #1 single in Australia, Dance Monkey, which spent 24 weeks on top here in 2019-20 and went to #1 in more than 30 other countries. On Spotify, it's the most streamed song ever by a female artist. 

The Deluge by Fanning Dempsey Nation Park debuts at #3. It's the first joint album by Powderfinger's Bernard Fanning and Something For Kate's Paul Dempsey, who will tour in October.

Powderfinger has scored six #1 albums, most recently in 2010 with Sunsets Farewell Tour, while Something For Kate has had two ARIA Chart-toppers and were last at #1 in 2006 with Desert Lights.

Fanning has released four solo albums. All of them reached the top two of the albums chart, with Tea & Sympathy and Departures going to #1. Dempsey has had three solo albums, two of which – Everything Is True and Strange Loop – peaked at #5.

Lime Cordiale hold in the top 25 with Enough Of The Sweet Talk, last week's #1, while Aussie rock band Dune Rats arrive at #29 with their fifth album, If It Sucks, Turn It Up. Their self-titled debut album reached #22 in 2014, The Kids Will Know It's Bullshit hit #1 in 2017, Hurry Up And Wait also landed at #1 in 2020 and Real Rare Whale peaked at #6 in 2022. 

Allday is new at #48 with The Necklace. The Australian hip-hop star has visited the album charts five times before this week: Loners Are Cool stopped at #18 in 2013, Startup Cult hit #3 in 2014, Speeding reached #6 in 2017, Starry Night Over The Phone climbed to #7 in 2019 and Drinking With My Smoking Friends peaked at #13 in 2021.

Charli XCX storms onto the ARIA Singles Chart at #1 with Guess, her first Australian #1 single. Released in June on her album Brat, the track has soared thanks to a new remix featuring Billie Eilish (it's the first track Billie has ever guested on).

Guess is Charli's fifth top 10 hit here, following I Love It (with Icona Pop) in 2012 and Fancy (with Iggy Azalea), Bloom Clap and Break The Rules in 2014. Charli also steps onto the chart at #18 with Apple, while 360 climbs from #27 to #24.

x

Edited by B-Luke

Tones and I? Don't you mean Talent and #1s? :clap3:

• Haha 2

Charli and Allday yassss :clap3:

• Like 1

Not crediting Billie is messy 

Guess #1

Apple #18

360 #24

:jonny2:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

She's never beating the most unlikable pop girl allegations. Keep dreaming of that actual solo hit though.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

1 hour ago, Breakdown said:

She's never beating the most unlikable pop girl allegations. Keep dreaming of that actual solo hit though.

I know you're not talking about miss Charlotte!

• Like 1

Good and evil, heaven and hell perfectly represented across the album and singles #1 :clap3:

CHARLI XCX AND GUESS (SOLO AKA SUPERIOR VERSION) :clap3::weeps:

2 hours ago, Breakdown said:

Very pressed behaviour 

2 hours ago, Breakdown said:

You're not beating the most unlikable member on ATRL accusations yourself

• Thanks 5

@Alldeezy Your fave winning :clap3:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

@Alldeezy Your fave winning :clap3:

OMG :duca:

Wait I just noticed this part. :heart: :duca: 

Allday is new at #48 with The Necklace. The Australian hip-hop star has visited the album charts five times before this week: Loners Are Cool stopped at #18 in 2013, Startup Cult hit #3 in 2014, Speeding reached #6 in 2017, Starry Night Over The Phone climbed to #7 in 2019 and Drinking With My Smoking Friends peaked at #13 in 2021.

• Like 1

They fixed the chart @B-Luke.

Billie is now credited for Guess at #1 :alexz3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.