Halsey threatens to retire from music

Saintlor

Her new song, lead single, is some of her laziest and most uninteresting work in a long time.

That point aside, I think she needs to tune out the noise in her life more. Take a break from her relationship to fans, Tumblr, social media in general... Focus on her health, her child, and her own happiness. Hand over her accounts to a social media manager.

It'd be sad if she actually retired over this, because I think she's a talented artist who dares to go outside of the box and explore different sounds. Great live performer, too, saw her in concert back in 2018.

• Like 9

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Where are you now?

• dumbsparce

• Mr_campbell

• Onyxmage

Some of the comments in here. :deadbanana2:

Does anyone know what she was sick with? 

I genuinely like Halsey so I hope she doesn't retire just release better music girl. 

I don't know much about her but she sounds like she has a LOT going on. Attacking the 3 fans you have left never works. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

I feel for her and her illness. But girl you do not have millions of fans.. TF you even talking about here? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

I don't know much about her but she sounds like she has a LOT going on. Attacking the 3 fans you have left never works. 

Did you not read? She said she has millions of fans. 

• Haha 1

Good luck miss Halsey 

2 minutes ago, Mr_campbell said:

Did you not read? She said she has millions of fans. 

Where are they? 

These replies.

:toofunny3:

I hope and pray nothing but for her.

Fair enough, online fans are awful and she's probably right her fans only care about her if she collabs with fuckboys for chart positions, not her as a person. 

Thousands of people told me l "saved their life" and then I returned to those same people only to hear that they don't care that I almost lost mine. What a reveal.

This doesn't make sense. Just a quick scroll through YouTube comments on the Lucky video and it's all messages of praise and support for Halsey 100%.

Her love for her fans was always conditional? Now they have to give back? She's doing a lot of projection and overgeneralization. And looking at cold numbers and percentages won't help her at all.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

you got lot of supporters fans and kindness casual who only have positive messages and keep streaming, first thing you say after song release is rage ranting and complain about all the negativity in the world and paid her fans dust. yeah log off please

• Like 2

What negativity from fans is she talking about?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StonedSoulPicnic said:

Her post reminds me of Michelle Branch's message board rant. I hope Halsey finds happiness. 

This is so specific. Do ATRLers even know about Michelle Branch's message board? Lol. I used to be a member on there :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think it would benefit everyone if she stepped back. Some of these quotes and the "1% of fans" line make it seem like she's too deeply affected by the song being ignored by everyone. She would feel better if she just logged off and did her thing.

She just needs to carve out an identity or a sound. I love her and enjoyed every album but I kinda think the problem is Who Is Halsey as an artist? Manic was all over the place, IICHL was a lot heavier and now we're getting these watered pop songs. Like if you want an audience you need to catch them and keep them. 

• Like 1

I think the healthiest thing for her would be to just go back too her alternative type sound again like she did with her debut and **** commercial success.

After that disastrous song lucky i think it's time :clack:

8 hours ago, StonedSoulPicnic said:

Her post reminds me of Michelle Branch's message board rant. I hope Halsey finds happiness. 

Remind me of Michelle's rant plz! The infidelity husband cheating one???

5 hours ago, Da Vinci said:

This doesn't make sense. Just a quick scroll through YouTube comments on the Lucky video and it's all messages of praise and support for Halsey 100%.

Her love for her fans was always conditional? Now they have to give back? She's doing a lot of projection and overgeneralization. And looking at cold numbers and percentages won't help her at all.

I'm not sure if you actually read the post, it seems a lot of people here did not. In the post, she is mainly addressing fans who have been attacking her lately and sending her hate. In case you did not know, for the past 10 months or so, the majority of her fanbase has been divided on Twitter and she has been getting a lot of hate from former fans over not posting about Palestine as much as they would have liked her to (despite having shown support for Palestine in the past and going through serious health issues the past 2 years) and now these former fans have basically turned their accounts into Halsey hate pages, calling her an awful person and critiquing everything she does (even though they loved her two years ago). Adding on to this, there are very entitled "fans" who have been harassing her for new music for months and when she does drop something new, they have been spewing hate and attacking her. The response to Lucky from the fandom has been quite shocking to me, I have seen so many fans tear down the song and say that it's awful and that she should go back to the drawing board or that the song should not have left the studio, that her career is over or that they want rock music instead. Furthermore, she also follows thousands of fans back on Twitter, so her feed is probably full of these hateful messages and I am sure Columbia has made her aware of the backlash she has been receiving from her core fans. I can only imagine how she felt when saw all the backlash, especially after being so vulnerable. A lot of these former fans are people who have her song lyrics tattooed on their bodies, or people who have thanked her for saving their lives, so I can imagine how that must hurt. Her TikTok comments are also full of hateful comments, although most of these are from Britney stans. She has every right to be upset, if you have seen the things some of her "fans" have been saying you would understand. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.