Christine and the Queens - 'HOPECORE'

Enigmanotta

New music project that was leaked by Chris himself on his Twitter.

He seems to be going through some rough times following the opening ceremony of the Paris 2024 Olympics and his lack of recognition and participation there, hence what prompted a series of tweets and this eventual leak. :biblio:

Edited by Enigmanotta
Included more context and informations

Can't wait to listen to this.

I'm surprised Christine wasn't there and also Mylene Farmer - their Queen of Pop, Zaz, Alizee etc... like why didn't they include more French artists? 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

define leak 

What's going on with him...

Chris has been mentally unwell for some years now.  I get the feeling he talks to imaginary friends and is making up conspiracy theories about himself.  It's very concerning.

I thought he was dropped by his label ore something. Hope everything is okay with him, he seems to been going through a rough time lately.

The new music sounds good though…

1 hour ago, Archetype said:

Chris has been mentally unwell for some years now.  I get the feeling he talks to imaginary friends and is making up conspiracy theories about himself.  It's very concerning.

There was a period of time he would post instagram stories asking about raves and where to get certain drugs. I think he's loosing some control. Hopefully he can overcome it because it's starting to look disturbing

• Like 2

Honestly this is incredible :clap3:

And there's no reason why he shouldn't have been asked to perform at the opening ceremony, but it's their loss and our gain clearly :gaycat:

4 hours ago, Paddy said:

I'm surprised Christine wasn't there and also Mylene Farmer - their Queen of Pop, Zaz, Alizee etc... like why didn't they include more French artists? 

Because this is an international event, not a French event.  They included both French + international artists which was fair.  

his tweets are concerning 

1 minute ago, Kavish said:

Because this is an international event, not a French event.  They included both French + international artists which was fair.  

There was clearly room for more. Let's see how many international artists will be included at the opening ceremony in Los Angeles in 2028, something tells me non. There clearly was a room for few more French talent. 

5 hours ago, Paddy said:

I mean they could be at the closing ceremony tbh 

Little bit concerned about his welfare. Seems he has been a bit ...erratic online in the last year? Hope he has people around him to support him. Very interesting sounds on this album but it is all very rough. Would be keen for them to be mixed and mastered and properly released. Hopefully the leak hasn't killed the project. 

Edited by wraith

9 hours ago, wraith said:

Little bit concerned about his welfare. Seems he has been a bit ...erratic online in the last year? Hope he has people around him to them him. Very interesting sounds on this album but it is all very rough. Would be keen for them to mixed and mastered and properly released. Hopefully the leak hasn't killed the project. 

He said he leaked it himself… nothing this man does makes sense anymore.  I get the sense that he fell into the trap of thinking he needs to live like a tortured artist in order to make good music.  Like there is something special in being unknowable and mysterious, purposely being difficult to reach and always talking in coded poetry.  

All this really adds up to is little to no funding for his work anymore, no promo, cheap music videos, and basically zero attention or streams of his music.  Fans don't even keep up with him anymore.

But he thinks he is relevant enough to perform at the Olympics?  It's delusion, I'm sorry.  I love Chris and his work, but come on now.  He needs to get help, and I'm guessing he has friends but they don't seem to be the ones to intervene.

17 hours ago, Paddy said:

In Mylene's case, it appears that she was approached, but refused to take part.
https://www.urbanhit.fr/mylene-farmer-decline-l-invitation-des-jo-2024-la-surprise-de-paris-sans-sa-voix

• Thanks 1

It all started around his mother's death, just like with Kanye. Grief can be quite triggering. I hope everything is ok, because the music has been outstanding. His last album was gold all the way through

First song his best song in years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.