Is Lady Gaga pandering to the general public?

Lagerfeld

Honey, she is a geriatrics' fave special tribute act and has been for the best part of a decade now.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

1 hour ago, Breakdown said:

What??? She botched THE Sound of Music? How embarrassing of her

OT: Lady Gaga is always pandering and desperate for acclaim, the gp won't care about her outside of when she's doing another silly antic though.

Who's gonna show this clown to the Joker 2 extra makeup room?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Breakdown said:

What??? She botched THE Sound of Music? How embarrassing of her

OT: Lady Gaga is always pandering and desperate for acclaim, the gp won't care about her outside of when she's doing another silly antic though.

• Like 3

No one is saying that.  It's very obvious that Olympic performances are not about you the artist, but about honoring the host country and doing your best to play into the narrative of the ceremony.  It's just the respectful thing to do, and Gaga killed it.  

• Like 1

It's the Olympics in Paris and she paid homage to an iconic French performance. It was still very camp and not particularly mainstream. Like what Celine did was more pandering to the general public not that this is shade towards her Celine was great too. 

I wouldn't say she's pandering to the general public, because they don't really care for her and are absolutely tired of her antics. But she's definitely pandering to the legion of white gays who see her as some revolutionary ally.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 13

ASIB (hot take, I know), Joanne, Hold My Hand, and Sweet Sounds of Heaven all tested my patience. I will enthusiastically take JazzGa over Hot Adult ContemporaryGa. At least JazzGa has a costume budget :bibliahh:

• Haha 3

is that not her job? :coffee2: she stays booked and busy

Some of y'all really think that having talent that the GP admire means pandering :toofunny3:

• Thumbs Down 2

I thought the performance was very Gaga. It gagged me :bird:

That's right! Let me bullet point this for everyone who is challenged in the reading department. 

• Gaga panders to straight people with ASIB, and she panders to gays with her club songs.
  • She panders to the senior discount crowd with her Jazz, and she panders to Gen Z with her viral songs.
  • She panders to your normie co-workers with her awards and tribute performances, and she panders to music fans with her powerful vocals.
  • She panders to those who feel like outcasts with her weirdo theatrics, and she panders to fashionistas with her iconic fashion.
  • She panders to film-lovers with her acting, and she panders to make-up enthusiasts with her awards winning foundation.

Should I keep going? Many of you wish your favorite artist had the talent and skill to pander to as wide a variety of people as Gaga does.

• Thanks 1

It's the Olympics, it's prestigious and also a HUGE window that brings you visibility.

There's nothing wrong with performing at the event or trying to appeal to the general public.

In my humble opinion, her core fanbase has always had a big majority of LGTB+ people but the asib movie made her more popular among the gp.

If she can get them more interested in her before launching her new era, good for her honestly. It's a smart move. 

She's been a pandering establishment hack for about 10 years now. The original Lady GaGa is no longer with us.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Oh please, she did something that would go well with the ceremony theme, nothing wrong with it. But during that runaway dancers part i was thinking she probably missed an opportunity to actually sing on that part of the show, it would be sooo gaGa.

Gays really expect her to wear a thong and sing Bad Romance for the 5000th time for 2 billion people?

She was being mindful of why she was invited to the function. 

12 hours ago, Pheromosa said:

:gayoncecat3:?????

this is also the second time she's been brought up in this thread for no reason. Suspicious

They're mad ppl gagged over B's video but not this performance lol :rip:

I liked Gaga's performance tho…not sure why the monsters are being so nasty

Edited by yonsé

yes she always does before she is getting ready to release music

Isnt that the goal for most singers? :deadbanana: 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.